Brenham vs. Texarkana

BlindWillie

It's a no-brainer, you throw Turley first. Talent wise this may be the best Texas High team ever, and I understand that's saying a lot because they had some great teams when they were in 5A. I really like Texas High's chances of winning it all, but they'll have to hit good pitching and play great defense.

Due to their tradition and the schedule they play.........I'll take the Brenham Cubs. This is their 14th trip to Austin and they know how to win the big game.

that reminds me of someone who would take the yankees over the red sox a few years back

You have to go with turley in the first game. I believe anyone would be happy going into the champ. game with fant and dudley well rested. Im not one to make predictions much but I believe that T -High is the best team in the state of Texas this year 4a or 5a.

Do you throw Slade in the championship game?

CC Moody has an outstanding ball club, I look for them to make it to the finals. Wishing T-High all the best............this is where the cream rises to the top!! Go Tigers!

No you dont pitch Heathcott! He hasnt pitched in a game situation all year. You go with what got you there. Turley,Fant and Dud. Having said that, I believe the throw Heathcott made from the outfield Sat and the way he has been swinging it will get him drafted. I heard two scouts down the left field line say that was a major league throw when he threw the guy out at the plate.

Don't have a clue who will win but I know Brenham will be a great team if they beat the Tigers. Pulling for them Tigers all the way. :coolball: It gets dicey playing one game decisions.

Indeed, anything can happen in a one game playoff format. McKinney North would be in Austin this week if the Texarkana series had been one game only. That's baseball.

Brenham looks like a solid baseball team all the regular starting line-up is batting at least at a .300 clip or above for the year with 30 HR for the year. It looks like half the club can pitch or listed as pitchers. Thank goodness they can only pitch one of them at a time. When a club get to the final four it is a very good baseball club which will make for a very exciting ballgame Wednesday at 4:00 PM in Round Rock. IMO the T-High Tigers will take the game away for Brenham High School.

Best wish to the Pleasant Grove baseball team Go ALL the Way Hawks just wish Maud could have pull it out the other day and it would have been just about a run out from Bowie County.

No you dont pitch Heathcott! He hasnt pitched in a game situation all year. You go with what got you there. Turley,Fant and Dud. Having said that, I believe the throw Heathcott made from the outfield Sat and the way he has been swinging it will get him drafted. I heard two scouts down the left field line say that was a major league throw when he threw the guy out at the plate.

Fresh arm, one of the best in the state and your not even going to give it a thought.

Heathcott is still having trouble with his right leg. It was evident when he was rounding the bases with his three home runs in the last two McKinney North games. I would not expect Coach Welsh to pitch Slade with the sore right wheel.

He can still play in the outfield and hit the ball but I not sure if he could go 7 on the hill throwing the way he does. With the three pitchers T-High has in Turley, Fant and Dudley why risk future injury to Slade. Dance with the ones that brought you to the big dance.

Corpus Christi Moody, playing in the other semifinal, according to a post I saw is ranked number one in the nation in some ESPN poll. Is that correct? To be honest, I have never seen any national high school baseball polls.

I'm not sure about ESPN poll but Max-Prep has the semi-finalists ranked as follows.

T-High 20th-- National 5th -- Texas

CC Moody 22th -- National 6th --Texas

Brenham 64th --National 12th --Texas

F.W. Arlington Height 356th--National 63th --Texas

I'm guessing the way the UIL set up semi-final games they seed CC Moody as 1 seed, T-High as 3-seed, Brenham as 2- seed, F. W. Arlington Height as 4 seed.

CC Moody has been # 1 in the Texas Baseball Coach Poll most of the year in Texas.

Brenham is currently ranked #4 in the same poll.

T-High is currently ranked #5 in the same poll.

Polls don't mean a whole lot this time of year "that why we play the game".

Fresh arm, one of the best in the state and your not even going to give it a thought.

Nah, I wouldnt at this point. Fant can throw the baseball...he's still under-rated. You would have a better chance of seeing Turley twice instead of Heathcott once. IMO