*Official* Confederations Cup thread

CrankThatCrabtree

Don't think he interfered with the play at all. If there would have been a rebound he would have been called off

u r correct about the rebound but the ref book says "if a player is in an offsides position when the shot is taken and he is in the position to "impede" the gk play on the shot he is offsides. he was standing right behind the wall between the ball and gk on the 6 yard line dancing around.

yes great shot but..........

Did he touch the ball? No. Did he effect the play in anyway, absolutely not. Good goal

he doesn't have to touch the ball to be offsides and i wasnt talking about him being in the keepers vision. was the player in a position if the ball was played to him he could be in a dangerous spot. YES.

so i guess he can stand on the other goalpost but becuz it was shot to the far post it doesnt matter.

stick to american football cranktree :gameboy:

2 very different halves. US up 2-0 at the half. Brazil gets go ahead goal with just over 4 minutes to go in the game and wins 3-2. It ended up not making a difference but it sure looked like Brazil was denied another goal midway thru the 2nd half. Good job by Howard staying with the play but I believe it was in.

you could see in the second half howard was gettin a little upset with how the defense was playing. they weren't closing out shooting lanes like they had been in the first half. game should of been 4-2 becaue of a missed call by the official...that ball was certainly in. turns out it doesn't even matter...however, the US is showing that they have some good potential on that team. maybe rossi will change is mind and play for the US instead of italy :)

also its great to see that clint dempsey is doing very well...always nice to have someone reppin east texas!

also its great to see that clint dempsey is doing very well...always nice to have someone reppin east texas!

I have to disagree, I thought Dempsey wasn't good at all and would have much rather had seen Torres. Not sure why we have such a hard time marking in the back. If there is a service you can count that there is going to be a backside defender lost in the shuffle. That isnt just our back 4 either, our MF has the same trouble. I did think that Clark had an outstanding tournament, and Davies surely found himself some more time with the NT.

Aside from his assist on Donovan's goal, I though Davies was pretty brutal in this one. Way too many giveaways and poor choices on the ball. He has potential, but I would have like to have seen someone else get a shot in the second half.

im confused as to why he played bocanegra on the outside instead of the inside with onyewu. them two have played together more and have a better understanding of each other. not to down demerit cause he had a farely good tournament but i just figure bradley would have played moved bocanegra back inside. as for dempsey congrats to him. he got the bronze ball of the tournament. he did seem a little lazy on his defending in some games but overall he played very well.

A - Bocanegra needs to stay wide so he can get involved in the attack.

B - Demerit/Onyewu is a good partnership.

C - Dempsey is a poaching, goalscoring striker. He needs to be up top all the time, BUT, he is not the defensive high pressuring forward in a 4-4-2 that the US needed in the final against Brazil. He disappears during games then pops up and scores big goals. That is a good thing overall.

D - Klejstan? Klejstan???? KLEJSTAN?!?!?!? WTH? :thumbdown: He showed he cannot play at this level. He needs to be dumped before 2010.

bornstein gets involved in the attack just as much a bocanegra. and i suppose the demerit onyewu partnership worked out great with passes being slipped between them quite a bit

i will agree with the klejstan though. same with clark. i didnt see much from either of them.. big loss missing bradley in the center

bornstein gets involved in the attack just as much a bocanegra. and i suppose the demerit onyewu partnership worked out great with passes being slipped between them quite a bit

i will agree with the klejstan though. same with clark. i didnt see much from either of them.. big loss missing bradley in the center

i have to agree with ptsoccer about the partnership with demerit and onyewu not being a good one. demerit not the answer at all and too many passes getting through. also agree with woody why we cant mark in the back at all at times.

bradley getting that red was stupid on his part and it didnt help at all not having him out there.