Texas, LSU set for College World Series finals

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game. I suppose the lesser of two evils won.

Thanks for the laugh. A Sooner calling someone else 'evil'......priceless :thumbsup:

Wow, this loss really stings. Flat out gave the game away in the top of the 9th. Wood, the CLOSER, was pitching well, and Augie went to the freshman......not a good decision.

Wood, the CLOSER, was pitching well, and Augie went to the freshman......not a good decision.

Augie put Wood in too early. I know Wood use to be a starter but you still don't want your closer coming in to try and get a 10 out save and then maybe not be available for a possible two more games. But I think Augie knew what he was doing, he has over 1,600 wins as a manager and I have zero.

Great game though. Geaux Tigers!

Augie put Wood in too early. I know Wood use to be a starter but you still don't want your closer coming in to try and get a 10 out save and then maybe not be available for a possible two more games. But I think Augie knew what he was doing, he has over 1,600 wins as a manager and I have zero.

Great game though. Geaux Tigers!

gimmie a break with all that 'eaux stuff. :thumbdown:

But, I agree with you on Wood coming in too early. Augie put him in too early and pulled him out too early. It's too bad Ruffin was cramping up 'cause he was mowing those coon :censored: 's down. LOL!!!

gimmie a break with all that 'eaux stuff. :thumbdown:

But, I agree with you on Wood coming in too early. Augie put him in too early and pulled him out too early. It's too bad Ruffin was cramping up 'cause he was mowing those coon :censored: 's down. LOL!!!

Sorry, I grew up with it, whole family is from south Louisiana.

Ruffin pitched a great game. I am pulling for the Tigers but I hope it goes 3 games. I like to watch good baseball.

Wow, this loss really stings. Flat out gave the game away in the top of the 9th. Wood, the CLOSER, was pitching well, and Augie went to the freshman......not a good decision.

Got to agree with you on this one. Garrido pulled Ruffin too quickly. He was really looking good, 10 Ks, 2 outs and here came the hook with Wood.

I thought at the time that he shoulda rode that kid another inning or two...

And then he was too quick with Jungmann, pulling Wood. I think that the Horns missed a great chance tonight. It could be time to get out the broom tomorrow night.

Augie "thought" too much in this game. Pulling pitchers too early and by going to "situational" hitters he pulled some of the hottest hitters in the game which were needed in later innings. A tough game to recover from. Too much coaching went on. That is what has turned me off to MLB. Let the players play. Mono on Mono.

Augie "thought" too much in this game. Pulling pitchers too early and by going to "situational" hitters he pulled some of the hottest hitters in the game which were needed in later innings. A tough game to recover from. Too much coaching went on. That is what has turned me off to MLB. Let the players play. Mono on Mono.

I agree, but I didn't know that both teams were suffering from mononucleosis... :lol: j/k

....mano a mano, right!

Seriously, that was an entertaining game to watch and I WAS pulling for the Horns... Big 12 loyalty and all that stuff, y'know?

I agree Augie over coached this one but give credit to LSU.

It was a great game by the best two teams in CB.

I hope there is a game 3.

The loss defintely hurts, but its not over. If anything I think the Horns gained a lot of repect from LSU and everyone else in the country. Only us diehard Longhorn fans even gave Texas a chance to make it a game. Everyone else had already handed the Tiggers the trophy.

We take game two and three to win our 7th National Championship and light the Tower orange. :clap:

The loss defintely hurts, but its not over. If anything I think the Horns gained a lot of repect from LSU and everyone else in the country. Only us diehard Longhorn fans even gave Texas a chance to make it a game. Everyone else had already handed the Tiggers the trophy.

We take game two and three to win our 7th National Championship and light the Tower orange. :clap:

Respect? Your are the #1 seed, LSU is the #3 seed.

I thought if the game had gone a few more innings last night, even if UT had lost they would have had the upper hand due to their pitching depth, now not so much. I think the Tigers close it out tonight.