Texas, LSU set for College World Series finals

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They talked like Green would pitch Game 3... That is going to be tough on him with such short rest!

I think they have alot of pitching depth only to use a few over and over. But that is why they pay Augie the big bucks. Lets hope it all pays off in Game 3.

Hook' em

Bring home #7 baby!!!

I would think that every pitcher would be available tonight for each team with maybe the exception being Jungmann.

Although the way he was throwing last night he looked like he could go another nine.

They talked like Green would pitch Game 3... That is going to be tough on him with such short rest!

I think they have alot of pitching depth only to use a few over and over. But that is why they pay Augie the big bucks. Lets hope it all pays off in Game 3.

Hook' em

Bring home #7 baby!!!

I would have to bet that Cole Green pitches tonight. FYI, most college teams have 3 main starters.

Hook 'Em

Dominant pitching performance by Jungmann, and it was really needed. The Horns better hope for another similar pitching outing tonight, because LSU's #3 pitcher will be on the mound for the Tiggers.

Could be another pitching duel, or it could be a repeat of Game 1.

Should be fun... and I retract (belatedly) my prediction of the LSU sweep. :)

Poor relief pitching and to many LOB for UT.

Ya Texas was not patient early in the game LSU pitcher couldn't throw breaking ball for a strike. They kept chasing fastball out of the zone. Relief pitching has been there all year just didn't really have a good series overall. Great year for the horns tho... It ain't over till its over!!!!

GO HORNS!!!!

For as good as the Horns' pitching has been all year, it failed them against LSU... with the exception of the gem that Jungmann threw in Game 2. Otherwise, their pitching has lacked.

LSU deserves the crown, with the exception of a couple of errors, they played outstanding defense.

For as good as the Horns' pitching has been all year, it failed them against LSU... with the exception of the gem that Jungmann threw in Game 2. Otherwise, their pitching has lacked.

LSU deserves the crown, with the exception of a couple of errors, they played outstanding defense.

UT got a great performance out of the starting pitcher, Ruffin, in game 1. If not for the cramping, this series would have been over last night.

Oh well, Texas has nothing to hang their heads about. They played like champions all year and proved it by going as deep as you can get in the CWS.

If you go by game 3 alone, yes LSU deserves it. But Game 3 should never have happened. With a 6-4 lead in the top of the 9th inning in game 1, Austin Wood got pulled with one out. That was a stupid move by Augie and he admitted that. Should have been over in two with a sweep. Augie cost them game one.

Geaux Tigers! Geaux Tigers! Geaux Tigers! Geaux Tigers! Geaux Tigers! Geaux Tigers! Geaux Tigers!

Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC!

When you win you can spell it anyway you want!!!!!

Geaux Tigers! Geaux Tigers! Geaux Tigers! Geaux Tigers! Geaux Tigers! Geaux Tigers! Geaux Tigers!

Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC! Geaux SEC!

When you win you can spell it anyway you want!!!!!

So who were you for???? :rolleyes:

If you go by game 3 alone, yes LSU deserves it. But Game 3 should never have happened. With a 6-4 lead in the top of the 9th inning in game 1, Austin Wood got pulled with one out. That was a stupid move by Augie and he admitted that. Should have been over in two with a sweep. Augie cost them game one.

I couldn't agree more. Augie definitely screwed up when he yanked Wood. I think that one thing that Augie and Sonny Golloway have in common is that they both have a tendency to over-coach at times.

Game 1 was one of those times for Texas.

I couldn't agree more. Augie definitely screwed up when he yanked Wood. I think that one thing that Augie and Sonny Golloway have in common is that they both have a tendency to over-coach at times.

Game 1 was one of those times for Texas.

Are you seriously trying to compare the winningest coach in college baseball history to Sonny Galloway?? LMAO!!! Galloway couldn't hold Augie's shot glass. BTW, when's the last time the Sooners won the CWS, or even got there for that matter? :rolleyes:

BTW, congrats to the LSU Tigers............not the SEC.

Here is a little attendance trivia of some NCCA Regional tournament records. Not much tie in with this subject except that LSU set some of the records!

Attendance

The highest single-game attendance for an NCAA Super Regional was at Dudy Noble Field, Polk-Dement Stadium at Mississippi State University. On June 9, 2007, 13,715 watched MSU beat Clemson to send the Bulldogs to the CWS. The second highest was set the day before, 12,620, for a two-day Super Regional record of 26,381.

In 2009, Ole Miss hosted Virginia in a Super Regional that broke the MSU Super Regional total attendance with 29,646 over 3 games which is now the record for an On-Campus Super Regional.

The highest for a 3-day regional and highest for an off-campus facility was set at Zephyr Field, a minor-league park in New Orleans. In 2001, Tulane and LSU battled for 3 games in front of 34,341 fans.

The highest single-game attendance for an NCAA Regional game was also set at Mississippi State; 11,496 watched MSU vs Florida State in May 27, 1990.

For total attendance during a Regional series, LSU holds the top 2 spots at 67,938 in 1998 and 66,561 in 1997.

MSU holds the next three to round out the top 5--64,723 in 1997, 63,388 in 1989, and 62,191 in 1990.

All of those Top 5 regional attendance records were set under the old six-team Regional format.