Kindle has "texting" accident

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard about this ealier this morning. What is wrong with kids nowadays?? Talking and driving can be dangerous enough, especially in Austin, but texting and driving is just stupid.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it probably wasn't just texting that caused him to run in to an apartment building.

Heard about this ealier this morning. What is wrong with kids nowadays?? Talking and driving can be dangerous enough, especially in Austin, but texting and driving is just stupid.

Do you REALLY believe that he was "texting", thus the accident? (Apparently several people were in the car, and I would suspect that at least one of them would yell out "LOOK OUT!!!" in time to perhaps avoid the accident). No, it was not due to "texting", regardless of what his lawyer says.

Apparently Kindle learned or has been coached well from his lawyer, that if there is a no-witness accident, bail the scene and go home and sleep it off, thus beating the DWI rap.

I have a tendency to believe the best of people, unless they have established a prior history of similar misbehavior. Kindle's DWI in 2007 establishes that previous history.

I don't believe for a minute this fairy tale of "texting". But it looks like he will get away with it...

What is scary is going down Central Expressway in Dallas around 1980 and the lady in the next car is putting her makeup on in the rear view mirror. :cripple: :cripple: :cripple:

Insurance companies just need to quit insuring anyone who has a moving violation due to a cell phone, computer, makeup, etc.... It is a privilege to have insurance and to drive a car.

He needs to spend a weekend at the county jail for leaving the scene of an accident.

Do you REALLY believe that he was "texting", thus the accident? (Apparently several people were in the car, and I would suspect that at least one of them would yell out "LOOK OUT!!!" in time to perhaps avoid the accident). No, it was not due to "texting", regardless of what his lawyer says.

Apparently Kindle learned or has been coached well from his lawyer, that if there is a no-witness accident, bail the scene and go home and sleep it off, thus beating the DWI rap.

I have a tendency to believe the best of people, unless they have established a prior history of similar misbehavior. Kindle's DWI in 2007 establishes that previous history.

I don't believe for a minute this fairy tale of "texting". But it looks like he will get away with it...

One DWI and he is a known "drunk" by all Sooner fans now. that happened 2 years ago and he hasn't had any other troubles since. Maybe there were a few "screwdrivers" involved, but we'll never know will we.

One DWI and he is a known "drunk" by all Sooner fans now. that happened 2 years ago and he hasn't had any other troubles since. Maybe there were a few "screwdrivers" involved, but we'll never know will we.

Nah, more than likely a martini... :thumbsup:

... I can see that you are one Horn who subscribes to the "best defense is a good offense" theory. :rolleyes:

I expect a response speech from Mack Brown praising the positives of Sergio and spinning this into a character building project which is good for Sergio and good for Texas Longhorn Football. Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, and Vincent Young-life got alot harder once they left the safe and secure confines of UT.

Guest Bear_Den

Didn't the baseball coach get a DWI? Its starting to become common nature to drink and drive around there.

Nah, more than likely a martini... :thumbsup:

... I can see that you are one Horn who subscribes to the "best defense is a good offense" theory. :rolleyes:

No I just hate somebody picking the splinter from my eyes when they can't see for the whole tree in their own. Thus the "screwdriver" remark.

Amazing how people here on Smoaky.com know more than anyone else about who he called first, what actually happened, who was with him and so on. Some of you guys must have some really good connections.

Too bad some of them are influenced from Norman, Ok. (now here is a top notch, quality city where everything is done by the book)

HOOH'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recognize that this is a somewhat humorous twist on a true story, but back to real life, does ANYONE else wonder why you need an attorney when you hit a building?

According to reports, Sergio Kindle was arrested last year on a DUI, or DWI or whatever charge.

So now, he's working the phone, and loses control of the car, striking a building.

OK, a reasonable story.

But why do you call a lawyer? That's not reasonable, unless you knew you were going to need one.

Furthermore, you know you are hurt, why do you go home to get some sleep and not seek medical attention?

I think I'll reserve judgement until all the facts come out. It is certainly possible that this accident was caused by texting. Hell, my brother dang near caused several accidents on I20 coming back from a Stars game last year due to texting while driving, with me in the passenger seat. As a passenger, I had no control of the situation. I had a girlfriend in high school who wrecked her car with me in it because she was messing with the stereo. It happens. I do think he should be prosecuted for any crimes that he did commit, such as leaving the scene of an accident.

I'll still take a vehicle accident over a kidnapping, screwdriver-weilding psycho anyday. :thumbsup:

I think I'll reserve judgement until all the facts come out. It is certainly possible that this accident was caused by texting. Hell, my brother dang near caused several accidents on I20 coming back from a Stars game last year due to texting while driving, with me in the passenger seat. As a passenger, I had no control of the situation. I had a girlfriend in high school who wrecked her car with me in it because she was messing with the stereo. It happens. I do think he should be prosecuted for any crimes that he did commit, such as leaving the scene of an accident.

I'll still take a vehicle accident over a kidnapping, screwdriver-weilding psycho anyday. :thumbsup:

That's fine, but one of the facts is he went home for several hours before alerting the police. How do you explain that? I can assure you if I ran into a building I would call the authorities before heading home.

That's fine, but one of the facts is he went home for several hours before alerting the police. How do you explain that? I can assure you if I ran into a building I would call the authorities before heading home.

I can't explain that, and yes that seems to be a fact. No matter how many witnesses corroborate his story, most Sooners and Aggies will not believe it anyway. I will reserve my judgement until all of the facts are released.

I can't explain that, and yes that seems to be a fact. No matter how many witnesses corroborate his story, most Sooners and Aggies will not believe it anyway. I will reserve my judgement until all of the facts are released.

I was in Fredericksburg this past weekend and heard it on channel 8 news. I am not sure if I heard this correctly, but the reporter said that since there were no other vehicles involved he had up to 12 hours to report it to the police. Immortal could you verify this for me? Like I said, I am not sure if I heard that right.