What team in your district will pull an upset and take a playoff spot

weightdog

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For 14-4A im gonna go with Lindale

You guys beat Kilgore last year, so you should be in the hunt. As far as Overton the are returning most of their offensive line, and the also have some players that were out with injuries that should make a difference. They had 2 DE's that were coming along pretty good last year and a defensive tackle #78 or #75 that should help anchor them on the line as well.

i would say MT Vernon for the first time in 16-3a

The battle for the third spot in 16AAA will be very competitive and will probably come down to the last week, every week will be a battle, just like last year. Any of the teams in the bottom of that district would easily make the playoffs in most other AAA districts. I don't see anyone going undefeated in that district this year and I bet most will have two losses.

I agree with Lobofan...... it will be Hallsville IMHO.

Question is...... who will the sacraficial lamb be that has their spot stolen away????

Marshall or Sulphur Springs?

Could someone explain the math to me that shows Overton one touchdown from the playoffs last year? They finished 5th and were blown out by Alto, Cayuga, and Carlisle. Grapeland only beat them by 7 points, but they still wouldn't have been in the playoffs if they beat the Sandies. Am I missing something?

In 20-3a I will go with Westwood. They have a very good qb and some great recievers coming back. only question is line. Picked 5th in District this year so they will be a longshot, but have faith in Coach Anderson.

I will also go with Hallsville, but as far as the sacrificial lamb I don't know. Marshall did not look very good in 7 on 7 and they lost their stud Jones. Sulphur losing their QB and some WR's, It is going to be tough.

Marshall never really looks good in 7 on 7, but has had several successful football seasons. The 2 State Finalist teams in 04 and 05 were pretty bad at 7 on 7. Also, Marshall's worst season in recent memory when we went 1-9(2002 I believe)was our best season of 7 on 7 ever. Won the Lufkin tourney that year and went on and did really well at state. So I'll stick with the not so good 7 on 7, if it means a winning season of real football.

Could someone explain the math to me that shows Overton one touchdown from the playoffs last year? They finished 5th and were blown out by Alto, Cayuga, and Carlisle. Grapeland only beat them by 7 points, but they still wouldn't have been in the playoffs if they beat the Sandies. Am I missing something?

I've been reading a lot of 1a posts and the polls, but has Alto completely fallen off the map? I see a lot of polls with Cayuga, Grapeland and Overton in the top 3 and Alto not even getting in, what's the reasoning? Alto thrashed Overton last year and it probably wont be much different this year, Grapeland hasn't beaten Alto in the last 6 years, and Cayuga only beat Alto by a TD last year ( score was 35-24, Cayuga scored 5 TD's, Alto scored 4, missed couple PAT's ). Yall are smoking something, Alto has a lot of starters coming back, including 5 that started on defense as Sophs. last year and the entire offensive line. It will come down to the last week with Cayuga @ Alto, and don't be surprised if Alto is the team that's undefeated at the end of district play this year :sorcerer:

In 20 3A I believe and I am biased no doubt, that Palestine may suprise a few people. The Cats have had a few sub par years. With Terry, Spurlock and Simon returning, and a better OL and a better D. The Wildcats should be back in the playoof hunt. A very tough Non-district schedule should test and prepare them for district play.