Terrorist Leader Threatens to Sue Bruno Movie

RETIREDFAN1

HAHA.

I really, really want to see this movie.

Unfortunately, all of the sudden, the Carmike in Tyler decided to adopt some new rule in which if you are under 17, you muct be accompanied by an adult.

This not a law, but moral standard they decided to adopt.

There was nothing about it on their website, only on their door.

I drove out to it with my 17 year old friend from Whitehouse, and I was denied a ticket.

I turn 17 August 4th.

Since when do they abide by and ID laws, much less their own?

I'd bet anything I can walk into an R movie in 2 weeks without any questions at all.

I think it has to do with the reputation of Sasha Cohen, or possibly they let enough young people into R movies, they finally recieved too many complaints from parents to ignore.

HAHA.

I really, really want to see this movie.

Unfortunately, all of the sudden, the Carmike in Tyler decided to adopt some new rule in which if you are under 17, you muct be accompanied by an adult.

This not a law, but moral standard they decided to adopt.

There was nothing about it on their website, only on their door.

I drove out to it with my 17 year old friend from Whitehouse, and I was denied a ticket.

I turn 17 August 4th.

Since when do they abide by and ID laws, much less their own?

I'd bet anything I can walk into an R movie in 2 weeks without any questions at all.

I think it has to do with the reputation of Sasha Cohen, or possibly they let enough young people into R movies, they finally recieved too many complaints from parents to ignore.

Hey junior..looks like you got three choices.

1.) Buy a ticket to a PG-13 movie, and walk into the theater showing the R rated movie. We did that all the time when I was a kid.

2.) Start dating older women - so they can get you in, and buy the snacks!!

3.) Be a sweetheart and ask your mom to go with you.

:whome:

Hey junior..looks like you got three choices.

1.) Buy a ticket to a PG-13 movie, and walk into the theater showing the R rated movie. We did that all the time when I was a kid.

2.) Start dating older women - so they can get you in, and buy the snacks!!

3.) Be a sweetheart and ask your mom to go with you.

:whome:

I had but seconds to react, and failed.

:(

Also, go see Bruno, with my mom?

I dont think so.

I find that a tad bit of facial hair always got me in the door to a R rated movie. If I was clean shaven though I always got ID and couldn't go (this is in Longview). I couldn't go to one and my 17th bday was in less then a week, but I asked someone in line who looked old enough (no offense) and they payed for me. So if you can grow some facial hair that might help haha

I saw it at Carmike on Saturday. Not only were they checking IDs of every person buying tickets, there was a cop and the theater manager at the door to Bruno checking every single ticket.

I've noticed that happening alot at movies theaters these days. Its getting pretty difficult to spend a day movie hopping.

I've noticed that happening alot at movies theaters these days. Its getting pretty difficult to spend a day movie hopping.

Hahaha!! :smirk: very true. Don't ya miss the good ol' days where you could do something illegal and get away with it?

Hahaha!! :smirk: very true. Don't ya miss the good ol' days where you could do something illegal and get away with it?

Heck yes. It was always frowned upon, but it was never that big of a deal. We used to see two or three movies on the weekend with only buying one ticket. Luckily my friends and I never got caught.

For all you cops on this site - I didn't do it, I swear! :smirk:

Just saw BRUNO today. I only went to see it because I was told that someone I know was in the movie. Sure enough he was in there. I thought the movie had a couple funny moments, however it was very crude humor to say the least. But overall i really thought the movie was disgusting and ridiculous. If you really want to see it, I would wait and rent the DVD. Its not worth the 9 or more dollars at the theater.