David Smoak

CoachTobinReid

David Smoak On a Personal note: I have officially resigned as the Sports Director and Talk Host at KTBB Radio.

These past 19 1/2-years have been the most enjoyable of my nearly three-decade long career in radio and television.

I leave with great memories from blue chips to state championships, and knowing I have done everything possible to promote your team, program, fans, and student-athletes.

Sometimes in life it's important for all of us to stop and reorganize our priorities, relive the fundamentals of life, and smell the roses.

Through these changes, Smoaky.com will continue on with the coverage you've always expected.

My family and I appreciate your support.

David Smoak

The show is doomed. as much as I like Bill, he is no David. it has been painful to try and listen the last few days with the banter between Bill and the lady that has been chiming in the last week or so. David has simply been the best at what he has built from nothing 19 1/2 years ago. There is no other show anywhere like it in Texas. I now have almost no reason to tune into the 92.5 lineup now. I just cannot see the great high school coverage we were getting without David. Not to mention the great college and pro coverage. He had so many great contacts. I guess we will have to be satisfied with this website. I hope the tradition of the Scholastic All-Stars continues.

Best Wishes David. I hope to hear you on the air in our area real soon.

David is still here. This is his site. He will tell us what he wants us to know. If he doesn't want us to know, then it is none of my business other than I will miss him on the air.

PS....I am frickin sick about it. However, maybe we will hear him real soon on other East Texas airwaves.

David Smoak On a Personal note: I have officially resigned as the Sports Director and Talk Host at KTBB Radio.

These past 19 1/2-years have been the most enjoyable of my nearly three-decade long career in radio and television.

I leave with great memories from blue chips to state championships, and knowing I have done everything possible to promote your team, program, fans, and student-athletes.

Sometimes in life it's important for all of us to stop and reorganize our priorities, relive the fundamentals of life, and smell the roses.

Through these changes, Smoaky.com will continue on with the coverage you've always expected.

My family and I appreciate your support.

David Smoak

Times do change. I know how David must feel in some way. After being at Tyler Lee for 21 years and then you leave. WOW it is a shock to yourself. Since this is not retirement. It seems like a part of your life is missing. David will soon see that there is life after this and he will rebound and be on his way doing great. My best to you David. Hang in there and good luck, from an old coach.

Tobin L. Reid

Now watching the best All-Star Game of the best sport will be hollow for me and my friends. I know David will be fine. He will be greatly missed. Like Cheapy said I too would like to thank David for the outlet to express our thoughts and knowledge on sports.

The All-Star Game will have to have a moment of silence during the 7th inning stretch tonight.

Hope things get righted in this situation. I know they will and I wish David the best. He has been my afternoon entertainment since I started listening in 1996. I think it was in '96.

Go American League tonight !!

This is East Texas' version of Carson leaving The Tonight Show :no:

GOOD LUCK with your future plans, Smoaky :)

I, too, wish David all the luck in the world. For his sake, I hope this was a decision he made and not one made for him. David has definitely been the best sports broadcaster in ET the past 20 years.

East Texas' version of Johnny Carson??

I think a bit of perspective might be called for here.

I, too, wish David all the luck in the world. For his sake, I hope this was a decision he made and not one made for him. David has definitely been the best sports broadcaster in ET the past 20 years.

East Texas' version of Johnny Carson??

I think a bit of perspective might be called for here.

yeah...it's more than a fair analogy. perspective? how about him creating the most read, talked about and important website in all of east texas? there's nothing close to this site. his radio show was hands down the biggest thing KTBB had, including Rush.

especially during the high school football season the will be a thousand hits a day on this thing and that's an understatement. come on here on a friday night in october and look at how many people are on here and the traffic flow. and it's not just form east texas. coaches and fans from all over the state, country and other parts of the world are logging on here to keep up with their favorite team and to get info on what happened.

there's nothing in the state of texas that can touch this site. there's a lot of wanna-be's but no real rivals.

if anybody in the world that speaks english wants to log onto the interent and get a true to life and up to date snapshot of what east texas is like, whats important to us, how we think...all they have to do is log on here and start reading. not just in the high school section either. this site runs the gamut of sports and life in this region.

no i don't think cheapy was exaggerating one bit. i think he was right on the button when he made that statement.

the site isn't East Texas.com it's Smoaky.com and the Radio program wasn't...just "sports talk" it was "Sports Talk with David Smoak"

there is a difference.

yeah...it's more than a fair analogy. perspective? how about him creating the most read, talked about and important website in all of east texas? there's nothing close to this site. his radio show was hands down the biggest thing KTBB had, including Rush.

especially during the high school football season the will be a thousand hits a day on this thing and that's an understatement. come on here on a friday night in october and look at how many people are on here and the traffic flow. and it's not just form east texas. coaches and fans from all over the state, country and other parts of the world are logging on here to keep up with their favorite team and to get info on what happened.

there's nothing in the state of texas that can touch this site. there's a lot of wanna-be's but no real rivals.

if anybody in the world that speaks english wants to log onto the interent and get a true to life and up to date snapshot of what east texas is like, whats important to us, how we think...all they have to do is log on here and start reading. not just in the high school section either. this site runs the gamut of sports and life in this region.

no i don't think cheepy was exaggerating one bit. i think he was right on the button when he made that statement.

the site isn't East Texas.com it's Smoaky.com and the Radio program wasn't...just "sports talk" it was "Sports Talk with David Smoak"

there is a difference.

:thumbsup:

KTBB, KTBB Sports, and Sports Talk will easily survive without me.

So too would Smoaky.com.

No one is ever irreplaceable, ever.

KTBB and Gleiser Communications have been very good to me and me to them.

I will always cherish my 19 1/2 years hosting Sports Talk and the many great memories.

In reference to covering East Texas sports---there are multiple media outlets who have always done a great job doing just that, including radio, television, newspaper, and the Internet.

That won't change either.

I don't know my next move, but my hope, no matter what I do next is keeping Smoaky.com available to those who enjoy it, and even those of you who don't.

David Smoak