15th annual Ken Dietz Memorial Tyler Putt-Putt City Championship

The tournament will be 54-hole, stroke-play format. Prizes for all participants. Trophies awarded to age division winners. Lowest score of the three-round tournament wins the city title. Practice and tournament fee is $15 per person. Practice starts at 10 a.m. and the sign up deadline is set for 7:30 p.m. For additional information, contact Kat Adair at (903) 561-7750.

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Added note: In the field of those competing other than myself, we have defending city champion and club professional Tom Adair, staff member and pro player Gary Plain, and former city champion Tom Brown. We need those who plan on coming out to do so - this foursome have been a die-hard foursome the past few weeks - and we need more participants.

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Tom Adair repeats as city champion with a three-round total of 22-under par score of 86. Gary Plain finished second in the pros division and overall with an 89, 19-under par. I finished third overall and managed to squeak out a win in the amateur division over defending champion John Berger by one stroke with an 18-under par score of 90. Trailing by three after 36 holes, I managed to pull even with Berger at 15-under par 75 with nine holes to play. I managed to ace two of the first three holes on the back nine, then Berger tighten the margin to one with an ace on hole 13. Two holes later, I took the advantage back with an ace on hole #16, but missed out on closing out the division win outright on hole #17 when my putt for ace spun out of the cup. Berger aced that hole. #18 told the story...Berger missed his ace try, and I managed to make a 3-footer for par for the amateur division title.

Other tourney division winners were Stan Ritchie in the 49-51 age division with a 100 (8-under and a sudden death win over Kyle DeShazo on the first extra hole following an 18-hole playoff); Daniel Caldwell in the 21-30 age division with a 108 (even par); Gae Guinn in the 18 age division with a 103 (five-under par); Jake Beam in the 17 age division with a 98 (10-under par); Kenai Walker in the 7-14 age division with a 102 (six-under par); and Nicole Birdsong in the women's division with a 103 (five-under par).

In all, 32 players played the three rounds and all that attended received a t-shirt for their participation.

To those who came out and played, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! And see you in 2010!

Scott Myers

Mineola, Texas