Brookshire's - more conservative than Wal-Mart?

parentofredheads

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mantle, here's what you do - you get one of those Brookshire's cards... will save a ton of money. In their meat section, they have packages of meat, lunchmeat, etc. all packaged together for a way cheaper price than Wal-Mart! If you really want to save money - go buy a hindquarter from a packing house!

Toiletries, hair care, toilet paper, cleaning supplies - ALWAYS the Dollar Store!!!!! It's a ton cheaper than Wal-Mart!

At Dollar Store, there's great prices on salmon, chips, tea, coffee, soda, etc... so check 'em out!

I understand about a super tight budget... I'm on one of those too, especially when it feels like you're feeding the Dirty Dozen here!

Well at this point, it doesn't really matter for me. No Brookshire's north of the Red River! :)

I spend tens of thousands of dollars a year at WalMart and will continue to do so.

I will too. Brookshire's in Bullard is pretty much the only game in town. For a town like ours, it basically a huge convenience store. However, since I don't actually research my sporting goods stores ideology, I don't know where Best Buy stands on Obama, and am not sure what Lowe's thinks about health care, I'm not going to willfully and consistently pay more for a grocery product at a conservative store just because they are conservative. Wal-Mart at 6:00 am on Saturday morning is not a bad place to shop.

I like Walmart and shop at Walmart. Im sure they give money to a bunch of programs I dont like! You cant make everyone happy.

That's true, you can't make everyone happy. However, citizens have a CHOICE where to spend their hard-earned dollars, and which companies they support with those same hard-earned dollars. Without our support, they go down in flames, or else they wake up.

It's also citizens' CHOICE to support the companies who have the same ideaology... can't please all of 'em, but ya gotta start somewhere.

Same with GE - I refuse to buy any appliance made by GE.

Same with GM - but that was a given even before the bail-outs.

I aliken it to supporting a politician. If I don't believe in that politician, I won't support him/her; however, if I do believe in him/her, I will.

I will too. Brookshire's in Bullard is pretty much the only game in town. For a town like ours, it basically a huge convenience store. However, since I don't actually research my sporting goods stores ideology, I don't know where Best Buy stands on Obama, and am not sure what Lowe's thinks about health care, I'm not going to willfully and consistently pay more for a grocery product at a conservative store just because they are conservative. Wal-Mart at 6:00 am on Saturday morning is not a bad place to shop.

Hastings is the best place to go in East Texas for your books, CD's, movies, and video games. Longview, Tyler, and Nacogdoches all have one.

I only shop at Wally World for hickory wood, charcoal, lighter fluid, and tires. No Pep Boys here.

Hastings is the best place to go in East Texas for your books, CD's, movies, and video games. Longview, Tyler, and Nacogdoches all have one.

I only shop at Wally World for hickory wood, charcoal, lighter fluid, and tires. No Pep Boys here.

Dave, did you know at the Dollar Store, you can get that hickory wood, charcoal and lighter fluid for a fraction of the cost it costs at Wal-Mart?

As far as tires and somebody touching my vehicle... no way in the world am I letting 'em touch my vehicle!!!!!!!! LOL! I got my own tire guys!