17 3A Football

CT88

I know Bullard lost alot of talent but i was wondering what everyone else will look like. I know Gilmer will be the front runner with alot of people picking them to win state. So my question is who will be fighting for the playoff spots this year based on who left and who is returning.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilmer

Tatum

SH

Those are my 3 picks.... Gilmer returns 9 back on D and 5 or 6 back on O... Good shot at state. Stump will do great things and that D will be better... Which is even a scarier thoughts. Tatum returns 8 on O and 9 on D. But still a young team IMO. QB will be young but athletic. Allen should get bulk of carries out of backfield. SH returns about the same. Brown will be a solid passer. Just gotta give him time back there.

On paper Gilmer will walk away with this district. But still gotta play one game at a time. Good luck to all.

Gilmer

Tatum

SH

Those are my 3 picks.... Gilmer returns 9 back on D and 5 or 6 back on O... Good shot at state. Stump will do great things and that D will be better... Which is even a scarier thoughts. Tatum returns 8 on O and 9 on D. But still a young team IMO. QB will be young but athletic. Allen should get bulk of carries out of backfield. SH returns about the same. Brown will be a solid passer. Just gotta give him time back there.

On paper Gilmer will walk away with this district. But still gotta play one game at a time. Good luck to all.

Thanks for the info....

I did not know if it was going to be like last year.....it seemed like evey team had a chance at that third spot of the playoffs.

Gilmer is a good bet for the lead and Tatum looks even better at runner-up if the rumors of the Arp stud running back going to Tatum are true. Third, I'd probably go with Chapel Hill. They should be stingy on defense with this class and more balanced on offense this year with lack of a real offensive workhorse.

Guest Bear_Den
Gilmer is a good bet for the lead and Tatum looks even better at runner-up if the rumors of the Arp stud running back going to Tatum are true. Third, I'd probably go with Chapel Hill. They should be stingy on defense with this class and more balanced on offense this year with lack of a real offensive workhorse.

Tatum already has a stud running back. He will be a junior this year.

Somebody better tell the Arp kid to stay in Arp if he wants any playing time. Tatum already has a very good back. Allen did good last year as a Soph and I expect big things from him this year. Tatum may not always be the top pick in the district, but you can always bet that the Eagles will field some of the very best backs.

Somebody better tell the Arp kid to stay in Arp if he wants any playing time. Tatum already has a very good back. Allen did good last year as a Soph and I expect big things from him this year. Tatum may not always be the top pick in the district, but you can always bet that the Eagles will field some of the very best backs.

I hope that's not the case cause Allen was a handful. But best believe if it is true he will get some touches. He's a "Hoss"!

1. Gilmer

2. Tatum

3. Chapel Hill or Spring Hill

Chapel Hill will be a very young team. Their major weakness is they don't have a single returning offensive lineman. But with the new spread they are running that might not play a major factor. Chapel Hill has always had athletes that could play with the best but I am not sure if this is going to be their year.

Gilmer is loaded this year and I firmly believe can take state. There's not a better quarterback in the state than Stump. :notworthy:

Tatum was young and very talented last year and hopefully built off that in the off season.

Spring Hill was pretty young last year and probably have several returning starters.

1. Gilmer

2. Tatum

3. Chapel Hill or Spring Hill

Chapel Hill will be a very young team. Their major weakness is they don't have a single returning offensive lineman. But with the new spread they are running that might not play a major factor. Chapel Hill has always had athletes that could play with the best but I am not sure if this is going to be their year.

Gilmer is loaded this year and I firmly believe can take state. There's not a better quarterback in the state than Stump. :notworthy:

Tatum was young and very talented last year and hopefully built off that in the off season.

Spring Hill was pretty young last year and probably have several returning starters.

The CH line are united again from a class that has done nothing but won. They could possibly do very well on the O-line. The class under them were winners too before the varsity depleted most of their star players. I won't be surprised to see them excel.

Guest Bear_Den
The CH line are united again from a class that has done nothing but won. They could possibly do very well on the O-line. The class under them were winners too before the varsity depleted most of their star players. I won't be surprised to see them excel.

How will Andrew Tucker do this year? Will he be anything like big brother?

I think he will be better than his older brother. Andrew looked more athletic as a freshman than Matthew. Hopefully he is on the weights hard and he should be fun to watch. Just not sure if they will leave him at LB or RB.

Guest Bear_Den

This is my pick for the outcome of 17-3A Football

Gilmer 5-0

Tatum 4-1

Gladewater 3-2

Chapel Hill 2-3

Spring Hill 1-4

Bullard 0-5

Gilmer won't be able to be contained. So many D-1 players are on this team. I think this team will be better than the team with Curtis Brown.

Tatum is young but experienced. They are returning a good bunch of kids and will be back to their winning ways from 06-07. If they do drop back to 2A in 2010, I think they can win state in the fall of 2010.

Gladewater has some young talent from the JV plus the guys that they had last year on the varsity. Corey Davis will be the heart of the team and the Bears will go as far as Davis(RB) can take them. His twin brother is a triple threat at WR, wing, or QB. No telling where he will play. I can see him being moved around a little bit before district starts. They have the potentional to beat Tatum.....they did last year as well. Gladewater has a good bunch of kids coming up, but the Bears have to get that winning tradition started again in order for everyone to be successful.

Chapel Hill will be contending for a playoff spot. They can beat Tatum and/or Gladewater on any given Friday so I do not necessarily count them out just yet. Andrew Tucker will be good and I hear that there's a good line in Chapel Hill. We'll just have to wait and see what they've got. If the new coach is in for the long haul, Chapel Hill will be a force in the upcoming years.

Spring Hill will be better than last year. If the QBs can stay healthy then the team will have a good year. I think Bero is in a position to where he has to win. This year's team will be much better than anticipated and they, like Chapel Hill, can possibly pull off the upset over Gladewater or Tatum.

Bullard is down and I don't really see them coming close to getting a district win in 2009. They don't have the depth to compete with the other teams in the district. Hopefully the kids will stay motivated and put forth their best effort. Losing Charlie Moore was everything to the panthers.

CM wasn't everything. The way the team worked last year it just worked with him out front, this years team looks to be very different and will surprise people with good results.

This is my pick for the outcome of 17-3A Football

Gilmer 5-0

Tatum 4-1

Gladewater 3-2

Chapel Hill 2-3

Spring Hill 1-4

Bullard 0-5

Gilmer won't be able to be contained. So many D-1 players are on this team. I think this team will be better than the team with Curtis Brown.

Tatum is young but experienced. They are returning a good bunch of kids and will be back to their winning ways from 06-07. If they do drop back to 2A in 2010, I think they can win state in the fall of 2010.

Gladewater has some young talent from the JV plus the guys that they had last year on the varsity. Corey Davis will be the heart of the team and the Bears will go as far as Davis(RB) can take them. His twin brother is a triple threat at WR, wing, or QB. No telling where he will play. I can see him being moved around a little bit before district starts. They have the potentional to beat Tatum.....they did last year as well. Gladewater has a good bunch of kids coming up, but the Bears have to get that winning tradition started again in order for everyone to be successful.

Chapel Hill will be contending for a playoff spot. They can beat Tatum and/or Gladewater on any given Friday so I do not necessarily count them out just yet. Andrew Tucker will be good and I hear that there's a good line in Chapel Hill. We'll just have to wait and see what they've got. If the new coach is in for the long haul, Chapel Hill will be a force in the upcoming years.

Spring Hill will be better than last year. If the QBs can stay healthy then the team will have a good year. I think Bero is in a position to where he has to win. This year's team will be much better than anticipated and they, like Chapel Hill, can possibly pull off the upset over Gladewater or Tatum.

Bullard is down and I don't really see them coming close to getting a district win in 2009. They don't have the depth to compete with the other teams in the district. Hopefully the kids will stay motivated and put forth their best effort. Losing Charlie Moore was everything to the panthers.

1. Gilmer

2/3 Spring Hill/ Tatum

4. Chapel Hill

5. Gladewater

6. Bullard

I think everyones pretty sure about Gilmer, but after that I think Tatum and SH are about equal. Both are retuning roughly 18 starters and both will be better. No dought about it that will be the district game of the year Oct. 30 at Tatum.

I think he will be better than his older brother. Andrew looked more athletic as a freshman than Matthew. Hopefully he is on the weights hard and he should be fun to watch. Just not sure if they will leave him at LB or RB.

I think Andrew is more mobile and athletic than his brother, but lets get this straight...Andrew is not his brother. He doesn't have the bulk to carry the load his brother did. I see Andrew contributing more on the defensive side of the ball. He has a nose for finding the ball. In the spread offense he may see the ball some, but I think Coach Sitton will spread the wealth this year due to the immense talent he inherited that wasn't tapped last year.

IMO, I do not believe CH will be a contender for a playoff spot. The team is in a rebuilding year after the devastating loss of seniors last year along with the hoss. They do return a couple solid starters in Andrew Tucker and Laramie Lee. Both of which should keep the score low on the defensive side of the ball.They will be looking to pass the ball more with the absence of Big Tuck in the backfield. I believe that after this year they will be contenders for a couple years, but not this year. There are only four returning starters alongwith a bunch of jv kids.

Gilmer 5-0

Tatum 4-1

SH 3-2

G'Water 2-3

CH 1-4

Bullard 0-5

Good luck to the dogs and I hope you prove me wrong.

Ok lets not start comparing Andrew and his Brother. They are two different kids with two totaly different atheltic abilities. I dont think CH will be much of a factor in the district this year. They are too inexperienced. Although running the spread will help in the blocking area to make up for there young O-Line.They are uncertain at the Qb spot with the battle between a Sr and a Soph. Andrew is the "starting" Rb right now i belive.I look forward to watching this program grow but i just dont think it will happen this year. Good luck dogs prove me wrong. Lets make it 4 in a row playoff apperences. :happy65: