Favre says "No thanks"

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the guy i still think he can lead a team like the broncos-bills-browns somewhere like that! The vikings where not a good fit.

I don't know if the vikings would have been a good fit but it sure would have been interesting to see what would have happened.

I don't know if the vikings would have been a good fit but it sure would have been interesting to see what would have happened.

Thats no lie. I would have love to see him back in that stadium to see if the fans would cheer or boo there once fearless leader.

I like the guy i still think he can lead a team like the broncos-bills-browns somewhere like that! The vikings where not a good fit.

I think it would have been a very good fit. The offensive system the Vikings run is something very similar to the one the Favre used to run with the Packers. Isn't one of the assistants (maybe the offensive coordinator, I would have to look it up to be sure) a former Packers' assistant? It would have been great to see Favre playing QB for a strong running team. Peterson would have benefitted from such a big upgrade at QB.

I wanted Favre to play for the Vikings but since he decided to stay retired I hope he stays permanently retired. For good this time.

Tarkenton, a corward on the run! What more can you say about a guy named Fran?

Running coward?

League MVP in 75. Sporting News' #59 player in the top 100 of all-time. I'm not a big Tarkenton fan, but that's pretty harsh for somebody who started the scrambling QB revolution.

You're right and it was meant to be harsh. He is nothing now but a sad old man taking shots at someone who can still play when we hung around when he could not play. Fran was never too shy about himself especially after he retired. I believe he said he invented the scramble. Well...that is probably true for the most part. Other people before his time just simply ran forward with the ball when no one was open to or just threw the ball to the receiver who was open to start with but he was to slow, reactive wise, to find them in the first place.

I do not think you will hear the truly great ones bash former player like he did while bragging on himself.

Actually, Tark did not do too bad his last two years if you look at completion percentage. His rating though was 69.2 and 68.9 which was not very good. Also, in his last year in which he may have thrown more passes in any year he played and probably had about as many yards he threw 25 TD's and 32 Int's. He probably could have played another year.

I find it interesting that Sir Francis said the game in not about the player, he should know. He refused to corporate with his coach, follow game plans or change his style of play to the point that he was traded to the Giants where he spent five year compiling a losing record. He made his way back to the Vikings after Coach Norm Van Brocklin retired.

• 3 weeks later...