Favre says "No thanks"

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised. I did not think there was any way he was going to go through training camp. He basically said he would not. Would the work been helpful, sure it would have. It put him behind witht he play book and with the receivers. However, the biggest concern was he is still not well. Now it comes our his arm and shoulder are worse off than first thought.

Wehn Favre last turned down the Viks he had a lot of aches and pains and they basically needed a commitment from him before he felt he was ready to play. He wanted to be able to do the his best and did not want to disappoint them.''

The Vikings are aware of the small tear in Favre's rotator cuff. The tear is still there and there's always a possibility something could happen with it later on. Favre wanted to give it the best chance he could before he made a commitment. But the last three weeks, it hasn't gotten any worse and he's been working hard. Who knows, it could flare up again if they make him throw 50 or 60 time a day.

Three weeks ago, he wasn't ready to go play and didn't feel physically he could do what they needed him to do. But three more weeks of working out and now he's feeling that he's able to throw the football and he's going to give it a try.'

It ain't over til it's over. :shocked:

What wise man posted this 3 weeks ago?

It's all about Brett.....all the time. Didn't want to do training camp so he lied again. I'm not sure how anybody can continue defending this fraud.....but they will.

Can't believe people take him seriously. Don't blame him for taking the money....but just SAY IT. I want the money & the attention. Enough already with the tears & emotional goodbyes. I'd give a paycheck if the Packers would sweep them & go to the playoffs.

I don't understand why people are making a big deal about him not going to training camp. He has worked with the OC before. Michael Strahan pulled the retirement card the year the Giants won the superbowl to get out of training camp. Honestly from a football aspect the Vikes will be a better team with Favre. Tavaris is not a leader or a decision maker. Sage tries to do too much (case and point the Texans game against the colts. The Texans had a 2 score lead and sage ran the ball and fumbled. No decent qb would do that.)

I don't understand why people are making a big deal about him not going to training camp. He has worked with the OC before. Michael Strahan pulled the retirement card the year the Giants won the superbowl to get out of training camp. Honestly from a football aspect the Vikes will be a better team with Favre. Tavaris is not a leader or a decision maker. Sage tries to do too much (case and point the Texans game against the colts. The Texans had a 2 score lead and sage ran the ball and fumbled. No decent qb would do that.)

Reason for "big deal" of training camp? Football is a team sport. You work, sweat, bleed, suffer, enjoy, rejoice, bond, etc. together. I do not care if you know the system. The balance of the team is out there working; you should be too. I would resent someone who benefited from my hard work without them lifting a finger to help out. Of course in our society today values are different. I have aways thought that Favre was a gritty QB and would do anything to win but now this "on again-off again" thing is getting old.

Reason for "big deal" of training camp? Football is a team sport. You work, sweat, bleed, suffer, enjoy, rejoice, bond, etc. together. I do not care if you know the system. The balance of the team is out there working; you should be too. I would resent someone who benefited from my hard work without them lifting a finger to help out. Of course in our society today values are different. I have aways thought that Favre was a gritty QB and would do anything to win but now this "on again-off again" thing is getting old.

Agreed completely. What Favre is doing/has done is not fair to his new teammates. They work there butts off in training camp and he stays home on an extended vacation. I at least hope he doesn't treat his Viking teammates the way he did the Jet's teammates. He had his own dressing room and basically had no contact with any of the players in the locker room at all. The Jets converted an office for him to use as his own personal locker room. That's a joke. If he tries that again, I hope one of his large teammates takes issue with it and gives him a few love taps to his jaw.

Agreed completely. What Favre is doing/has done is not fair to his new teammates. They work there butts off in training camp and he stays home on an extended vacation. I at least hope he doesn't treat his Viking teammates the way he did the Jet's teammates. He had his own dressing room and basically had no contact with any of the players in the locker room at all. The Jets converted an office for him to use as his own personal locker room. That's a joke. If he tries that again, I hope one of his large teammates takes issue with it and gives him a few love taps to his jaw.

primadonna

Brett Favre has now surpassed my all-time favorite pro moment. That was when Reggie White said God told him to go to Green Bay (immediately after they offered him the most money).

I guess I wouldn't make it in professional sports. I'd be up front...."whoever pays the most is where I'll be"

What wise man posted this 3 weeks ago?

It's all about Brett.....all the time. Didn't want to do training camp so he lied again. I'm not sure how anybody can continue defending this fraud.....but they will.

Can't believe people take him seriously. Don't blame him for taking the money....but just SAY IT. I want the money & the attention. Enough already with the tears & emotional goodbyes. I'd give a paycheck if the Packers would sweep them & go to the playoffs.

It's true, 3 Weeks ago Brett did not come clean with the media. However, the Vikings and Favre knew when he would arrive. All they had to do was to complete the deal and yes it was agreed to in advance that Favre would not be in training camp. Also, THS, will you mail your check to me if the Packs sweeps the Viks. I sure will take it. I could care less who wins between the two! In regards to the money, I would like to see you turn down someone pounding on your door want to give you 10-12 mil!

People need to quit analyzing professional sports and Pro players with a Pee Wee to High School mentality. The ideology of a sport from a kids prospected is longed passed once the player receives money, sometimes even before. So quit with all the theatrics and romantic illusions. The game is about the game and the game is all about the money and winning so you can keep getting the money. Fact is, he was offered big money because someone thinks he offers them the best change to win so they can keep getting money. It’s not so someone on here can have idealistic fantasies on how things should be.

I don't even care anymore.He's making himself look like an IDIOT.

A 12 million dollars richer is not an idiot ? To turn down $12 million would have made him look like an idiot. I think he'll be a bust, but he's possibly increasing his pension with one more year. :banghead: He's playing for the Vikes, so it doesn't affect my team one bit. If they want to pay him 95% more than their prior starting quarterback, the Vikes look like the idiots.

I would like to see you turn down someone pounding on your door want to give you 10-12 mil!

. It’s not so someone on here can have idealistic fantasies on how things should be.

Never said I would turn it down. Never said he shouldn't take the money. Just sick of the tearful retirements and his annual media show. Just can't stand it when people say "It's not about the money" when it is. It always has been & it always will be. Favre just takes it to another level. The beloved figure that held up his own team by not giving them an answer and 2 years later playing for their arch-rivals. The same guy that hung his WR out to dry for holding out for more money the year after he had signed a record contract for himself.

What would Cowboys fans have said if Staubach had retired & then showed up as a Redskin 2 years later?

Here's betting he plays the injury card when he falters this year. Followed closely by a tearful farewell and his "I gave it my all" speach.

What would Cowboys fans have said if Staubach had retired & then showed up as a Redskin 2 years later?

Here's betting he plays the injury card when he falters this year. Followed closely by a tearful farewell and his "I gave it my all" speach.

Unforgiven, would never look at Roger the same. I would have thrown away all his football cards, and would never wanted to wear the #12 jersey.

If he would have come back to play for the Cowboys, relieved even at 41, but Roger is one of my heroes. I would have been happy to see him on the sidelines again.

Never said I would turn it down. Never said he shouldn't take the money. Just sick of the tearful retirements and his annual media show. Just can't stand it when people say "It's not about the money" when it is. It always has been & it always will be. Favre just takes it to another level. The beloved figure that held up his own team by not giving them an answer and 2 years later playing for their arch-rivals. The same guy that hung his WR out to dry for holding out for more money the year after he had signed a record contract for himself.

I'm not going to say you're all wrong but I'm not going to say you're all right!!

The packers told favre to retire two years ago. And honestly I hope Favre sweeps the packers. The reason he sat out of camp was because he wasn't sure he could do it. He had just had surgery the week before it started. I honestly don't see how you guys don't get that Favre is better injured than Tavaris and Sage are completely healthy. He's still a good qb. He has a heart for the game. Everytime he scores its like hes never done it before. And if football was the only thing you had really known in your life would you want to give it up? I wouldn't. It's not all about the money with Favre. His entire family including his 10 year old daughter still wants him to play.

The packers told favre to retire two years ago. And honestly I hope Favre sweeps the packers. The reason he sat out of camp was because he wasn't sure he could do it. He had just had surgery the week before it started. I honestly don't see how you guys don't get that Favre is better injured than Tavaris and Sage are completely healthy. He's still a good qb. He has a heart for the game. Everytime he scores its like hes never done it before. And if football was the only thing you had really known in your life would you want to give it up? I wouldn't. It's not all about the money with Favre. His entire family including his 10 year old daughter still wants him to play.

1) Packers NEVER told Favre to retire....you don't really believe that do you?

2) He wasn't sure he could do it in camp....but decided a week later he could.....HUH?????

3) He led the league in interceptions last year

4) His 10 year old daughter wants him to play??? That's a valid reason......

Show me one NFL player who is not in it for the money!

) ----Favre was not told to retire but he was strongly encouraged to. TT wanted him out from day 1 and was determined to get rid of him!

2) He wasn't sure he could do it in camp....but decided a week later he could.....HUH?????----- The deal was worked out a several weeks ago and it included a pass from training camp and they had to have a final settle on the money.

3) He led the league in interceptions last year ----So! He also threw over 20 TD's and that was not bad. He threw most of his INT's in his last 4 games when he was hurt. You can say it was because he gave out or one can say it was the injury. Who knows!

Pat Tillman....Arizona Cardinals....R. I. P.

Don't think there are many people like Pat Tillman, professional athlete or otherwise. I can't honestly say I would have left a high paid NFL career to enter the military. Pat Tillman is a prime example of an American Hero.