Town Hall Meetings Gone Wild

RETIREDFAN1

The tactics of these crazies are reminiscent of the brown shirts in Nazi Germany–tactics that worked by intimidating others by sheer volume and potential for violence.

That's a GREAT description of olooney and his incompetent administration.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sideliner, welcome back. I guess you dont use your computer at home during the summer and post now that two a days have started and you can use the school computer. I dont even know flaming liberals who think as liberal as you post, and especially not coaches. Keep throwing that mess out, it makes good discussion anyway, even though you are a fake lib.

The tactics of these crazies are reminiscent of the brown shirts in Nazi Germany–tactics that worked by intimidating others by sheer volume and potential for violence. These are the same tactics used by some of those on the right-wing who encourage violence against abortion clinics or providers–scare people.

That's a very weak attempt at the truth, Sideliner.

Let's review the actual TRUTH about crazies "intimidating others by sheer volume" and "violence."

The tactics of these crazies are reminiscent of the brown shirts in Nazi Germany–tactics that worked by intimidating others by sheer volume and potential for violence. These are the same tactics used by some of those on the right-wing who encourage violence against abortion clinics or providers–scare people.

We're citizens just like you, who desire that our rights by the Constitution of the United States of America be enforced. I'm not prejudice, except against people that don't work by the sweat of their brow. The only thing that is owed to me, is what I work for. There isn't a slice of the pie that is available to me, until I earn it.

Why should I be taxed for anything that I don't use ? I'm a charitable person, and I understand that there are people less fortunate than me. Why should anyone be given a "free ride" when I've had to work for everything I own ? Even the rich worked or manipulated to be in the position that they are. I don't begrudge them for being smarter, than the people of their time period.

The playing field in America is equal, and that's why I love this land. The only people that it is not equal to, is those that don't desire to make themselves better.

Your thought process is limited by hearing about the FAR-Right Wing of America. I would never protest at an Abortion Clinic. That's not my fight. I would never boycott a KFC, that's not my fight. I would never throw paint on someone, or even tar and feather them.

I think you should watch "The Last Supper" the movie from 1995. It's a good watch. There are radicals on both the left and the right. 90% of the Republicans that I know, are law abiding citizens, and we will have peaceful dialogue with anyone. There are many Democrats as well, that will. I understand both sides of the story. Freedom isn't about limiting thought, or shunning it. It's how we grow and understand people. To be altruistic in thought, has many misconceptions behind it.

Perhaps you've seen many of the injustices that you perceived to be done by Republicans.

I guess Sideliner forgot that this country fought for it's independence because they were not being represented. Too many of these politicians are soley representing themselves and none of the people that voted for them. Their votes are supposed to be according to what the majority of their constituents want and not about how they can grease each othes palms and line pockets. The voters have a right to be very upset right now. This country is in an uncertain m ess equivilant to what was seen prior to the last world war. No one knows what in the world is going to happento the country. These politicians are pushing through bills that they know very little about and causing record debt at a pace so fast that it will make your head spin. It is time that they all get held accountable for all of the waste as they live high on the hog and exempt theselves from having to endur any of the repercussions of any of the bills they pass upon the working people of America. I have no pitty on them at all. If times now were like they were at the turn of the 20th century you would have already had a lynching of some of these politicians for the things they are doing. They are running around like money fairies as though they ahven't a care in the world and with complete disregard to the people who got them to where they are. I say keep giving them hell!

I guess Sideliner forgot that this country fought for it's independence because they were not being represented. Too many of these politicians are soley representing themselves and none of the people that voted for them. Their votes are supposed to be according to what the majority of their constituents want and not about how they can grease each othes palms and line pockets. The voters have a right to be very upset right now. This country is in an uncertain m ess equivilant to what was seen prior to the last world war. No one knows what in the world is going to happento the country. These politicians are pushing through bills that they know very little about and causing record debt at a pace so fast that it will make your head spin. It is time that they all get held accountable for all of the waste as they live high on the hog and exempt theselves from having to endur any of the repercussions of any of the bills they pass upon the working people of America. I have no pitty on them at all. If times now were like they were at the turn of the 20th century you would have already had a lynching of some of these politicians for the things they are doing. They are running around like money fairies as though they ahven't a care in the world and with complete disregard to the people who got them to where they are. I say keep giving them hell!

Medman, a question. I noticed on Smith Varney (Fox Business News) at noon today, that they're asking for doctors to speak out about the healthcare...besides being against it, obviously, what's your take on it. I listened to a doctor today that I thought was going to either get up and start screaming, was having trouble controlling himself, or was scared to death (coudln't make up my mind!) ... LOL!

I'm going to get my sister cornered this weekend, and see what all the heart doctors in Tyler, and other hospital staff are saying about all this hoohah and I'll report back.

I'm not going to be supporting ANY candidate in 2010 or 2012, or 20Whatever who doesn't support a constitutional amendment supporting term limits.

The only way you clean up DC is to eliminate their need to stay in office. I don't care how good they are, even the good ones need cleansing. John Cornyn voted for the bank bailouts. Bye!

Oh and to answer Eziek...Debate would be great. However, this president doesn't like debate. He locks out dissent...and this is just more of his ####.

Saul Alinsky taught him well--discredit your opposition--don't debate the issue on its merits. Calling people who are mad "Astroturf", Angry Mobs, unpatriotic etc...is horsecrap and as Un-American as it comes.

I'm not going to be supporting ANY candidate in 2010 or 2012, or 20Whatever who doesn't support a constitutional amendment supporting term limits.

The only way you clean up DC is to eliminate their need to stay in office. I don't care how good they are, even the good ones need cleansing. John Cornyn voted for the bank bailouts. Bye!

Oh and to answer Eziek...Debate would be great. However, this president doesn't like debate. He locks out dissent...and this is just more of his ####.

Saul Alinsky taught him well--discredit your opposition--don't debate the issue on its merits. Calling people who are mad "Astroturf", Angry Mobs, unpatriotic etc...is horsecrap and as Un-American as it comes.

Now, if you're saying you're not going to vote in '10 or '12, I beg to differ with you there, Grasshopper...we'll hog tie ya, and take ya, and you know we can do it! LOL!

P.S.: HOW YA BEEN?

I love that video.....the great awakening has begun....I hope that is becomes a tidal wave for REAL change in this nation....change BACK to the ideals that our founding fathers had in mind when they established it......GOOD JOB Dallas area AARP members.....

Medman, a question. I noticed on Smith Varney (Fox Business News) at noon today, that they're asking for doctors to speak out about the healthcare...besides being against it, obviously, what's your take on it. I listened to a doctor today that I thought was going to either get up and start screaming, was having trouble controlling himself, or was scared to death (coudln't make up my mind!) ... LOL!

I'm going to get my sister cornered this weekend, and see what all the heart doctors in Tyler, and other hospital staff are saying about all this hoohah and I'll report back.

In the attempt to create this universal coverage the primary cuts will come to Medicare recipients that have paid into the system all of their lives. The things that are in the bill like Mandatory End Of Life counseling for everyone when they turn 65, every 5 years there after, and anytime they are diagnosed with a possible terminal illness is wild. First that is going to cost more money than it is worth to impliment. Secondly it sounds as though they are trying to make sure that everyone signs a DNR so they can limit spending on this generation of citizens. While I agree that a 100 year old person should never be a full code, that is a personal decision and their right that should not be infringed upon.

Right now physician's are dropping medicare left and right because it costs them too much money to get what amounts to $11.00 per office visit by the time expenses come out of the billing process to get any money at all out of them. I actually know some physicians that are in the process of getting other degrees because they say if these changes come down the pike they are going to close their practices. This will deffinitely limit access to healthcare instead of creat more access by actual physicians. The bill actually encourages the use of mid level PA'a and Nurse Practicioners. The Mid Levels are already the primary medical professional contacts for long term care. Physician's are absolutely refusing to take care of patients in any long term care facilities because they say the reguations are so difficult to comply with and require them so much extra paperwork and notifications that the patients in these facilities cost them way more money than they are ever reimbursed.

Mosty physician's are specializing in something now days because the patient volume they have to see to to cover expense and earn a living as a GP is so high that it completely takes away any quality time with patient and dramatically increases the risks for mistakes.

This is only a couple of things. This list can go on and on. These politicians, BHO included, have not even attempted to to fully comprehend the full trickle down affect of what they are putting forth. Common sense willtell you there is no way they stated this plan from scratch and completly went through every page. They most likely threw together things that some fo these politicians had written up waiting for the time to throw it out ther to get voted on. Ther is no possible way they can take on all of the complexities of healthcare is so short a period of time and actually know what is going on and what the fall out will be with each of the changes they are trying to make. We have to remember that this is healthcare and the slightest change can be very dramatic and traumatic to the people fo this country. This is literally people's lives that are being messed with. It is not something to take as lightly and filppantly as the Democrats are in theri attempts to rush through legislation that many of them have admitted they have not even fully read. They are taking the words of staffers and their interpretations and not studying and making their own informed decision on whether this legilation is helpful or hurtful to the majority of the nation. With legislation this big and personal you would thinkthey would be taking a personal stake in making sure it is right. That is obviously not the case as evidenced by all fo the ones that are now refusing to hear from their upset constituents at their town hall meetings.

BHO promised that they will pass this legislation with or without GOP support yeaterday. That alone tells you that this is simply a political agenda and that people fo this country are not truely being thought of or listened to!

In the attempt to create this universal coverage the primary cuts will come to Medicare recipients that have paid into the system all of their lives. The things that are in the bill like Mandatory End Of Life counseling for everyone when they turn 65, every 5 years there after, and anytime they are diagnosed with a possible terminal illness is wild. First that is going to cost more money than it is worth to impliment. Secondly it sounds as though they are trying to make sure that everyone signs a DNR so they can limit spending on this generation of citizens. While I agree that a 100 year old person should never be a full code, that is a personal decision and their right that should not be infringed upon.

Right now physician's are dropping medicare left and right because it costs them too much money to get what amounts to $11.00 per office visit by the time expenses come out of the billing process to get any money at all out of them. I actually know some physicians that are in the process of getting other degrees because they say if these changes come down the pike they are going to close their practices. This will deffinitely limit access to healthcare instead of creat more access by actual physicians. The bill actually encourages the use of mid level PA'a and Nurse Practicioners. The Mid Levels are already the primary medical professional contacts for long term care. Physician's are absolutely refusing to take care of patients in any long term care facilities because they say the reguations are so difficult to comply with and require them so much extra paperwork and notifications that the patients in these facilities cost them way more money than they are ever reimbursed.

Mosty physician's are specializing in something now days because the patient volume they have to see to to cover expense and earn a living as a GP is so high that it completely takes away any quality time with patient and dramatically increases the risks for mistakes.

This is only a couple of things. This list can go on and on. These politicians, BHO included, have not even attempted to to fully comprehend the full trickle down affect of what they are putting forth. Common sense willtell you there is no way they stated this plan from scratch and completly went through every page. They most likely threw together things that some fo these politicians had written up waiting for the time to throw it out ther to get voted on. Ther is no possible way they can take on all of the complexities of healthcare is so short a period of time and actually know what is going on and what the fall out will be with each of the changes they are trying to make. We have to remember that this is healthcare and the slightest change can be very dramatic and traumatic to the people fo this country. This is literally people's lives that are being messed with. It is not something to take as lightly and filppantly as the Democrats are in theri attempts to rush through legislation that many of them have admitted they have not even fully read. They are taking the words of staffers and their interpretations and not studying and making their own informed decision on whether this legilation is helpful or hurtful to the majority of the nation. With legislation this big and personal you would thinkthey would be taking a personal stake in making sure it is right. That is obviously not the case as evidenced by all fo the ones that are now refusing to hear from their upset constituents at their town hall meetings.

BHO promised that they will pass this legislation with or without GOP support yeaterday. That alone tells you that this is simply a political agenda and that people fo this country are not truely being thought of or listened to!

WOW. I can't quite figure out why AMA, and other medical entities haven't come out screaming, putting ads in papers, on TV, etc. I've seen a couple, but not much. I mean, this literally takes AWAY their livelihood. I'm glad you explained how they feel... if'n I were them, every time I saw a patient, I'd say, you know, the next time I see you, this is what will happen, IF I EVEN GET TO SEE YOU AGAIN...

Unbelievable! Thanks, Medman... I'll see what sis says this weekend and get back to ya.

harry reid forgot to listen to Mark Twain's advice....he opened his mouth and removed all doubt of his stupidity.....reid claims that protesters are sabotaging democracy......my message to reid is simple: Protesters ARE democracy. Protest is an integral part of democracy.......

harry reid forgot to listen to Mark Twain's advice....he opened his mouth and removed all doubt of his stupidity.....reid claims that protesters are sabotaging democracy......my message to reid is simple: Protesters ARE democracy. Protest is an integral part of democracy.......

I agree wholeheartedly. We have to be a voice in public. We have to show what is wrong with the Old Change that we're getting from our government.

I agree wholeheartedly. We have to be a voice in public. We have to show what is wrong with the Old Change that we're getting from our government.

That is what nourishes democracy.....it doesn't sabotage it.....reid and the rest of the dims will never understand that because all they want is power.....they are all evil......

I was discussing with a friend today what we could do to really show our government how we don't support them. He is a very intelligent person, and I've grown to respect him. He is neither liberal or conservative, but he is a true thinker. He is beginning to convert to a more conservative type of thought.

I think his idea would be genius, but it would take more than a grass roots effort. As many of us know, Income Taxes must be paid, some will say it's unconstitutional, and I somewhat see that point. However, what if we all changed our W-4's to show that we have 15 dependents ? I used to calculate my taxes based on my salary, so that I never had to pay extra taxes or overpaid on taxes. I learned this trick in 1992. I would increase my dependencies, so that I wouldn't have to wait for an income tax return after tax time.

What if all the American taxpayers changed their W-4's so that there were no taxes taken out for income tax ? We as Americans could shut down the government by doing so. Of course, we would owe taxes come April 15th, but there is nothing illegal by not paying taxes from our checks throughout the year. For the self employed this is different, since they pay taxes every quarter.

I like the idea, but how many people could we get to do this form of rebellion ? I think it's possible to put a dent in the taxation of our current representation in Washington.

I keep watching for the first congressman to be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail.....THAT is one of our founders best forms of protest and it gets the message across LOUD and CLEAR..........

It won't happen in our day and age.