Father Prayed Instead of Getting Help;

HouTex

i don't know what to think about this one...i mean...i don't ever want somebody to be tried for their faith but then again...maybe he wasn't listening and God was telling him to call 911. who knows. it's a horrible situation.

i just can't side with this guy for some reason though. if it were my child laying there on the floor, i'm calling 911 and praying at the same time. i'm praying that God will get the ambulance there fast enough and that he'll give the paramedics and Dr's the ability to heal my child. then i'm going to give God all the Glory for blessing them with the ability to take care of my child.

i don't know what to think about this one...i mean...i don't ever want somebody to be tried for their faith but then again...maybe he wasn't listening and God was telling him to call 911. who knows. it's a horrible situation.

i just can't side with this guy for some reason though. if it were my child laying there on the floor, i'm calling 911 and praying at the same time. i'm praying that God will get the ambulance there fast enough and that he'll give the paramedics and Dr's the ability to heal my child. then i'm going to give God all the Glory for blessing them with the ability to take care of my child.

I was thinking the same thing.

It sounded like there was more than one person there praying as well.

It's hard though.

It's his belief, but his little girl died.

He's like a lot of people who are followers of religious error.....like the guy in the old joke:

A man was falling off the roof of his house and prayed for God to keep him from falling...he promised to go to church every Sunday and give a big contribution every week....he was caught on a nail and said, "nevermind, God, this nail saved me"......

this guy, and many like him, evidently didn't realize that God has placed the medical personnel here and given them the abilities to help out in these situations...the answer to this guys prayer was right in front of him......

I don't care how people live their faith. I think the little girl endured to the end. I won't condemn this man for having faith in God. That's for secular law to do.

I know both the power of healing by prayer, and by science. I think they work hand in hand. There are some that have complete faith in God, that He will restore them to health. Is Faith alone, enough to condem someone ? I know that the science is out there, but there are people that believe that death is God's will. I could not condem this family for the death of their child. They believed in God, and sometimes God says NO to our prayers. I'll pray for this family, but not for the prosecutor that will judge this family on their beliefs.

I wish this family would have sought medical treatment, but they felt that their faith in God was enough. I refuse to judge or punish this man or his family. Think how Job felt, when his friends and even his wife abandoned him.

I don't think it's an issue of faith. More like, can your faith be the instrument of death for another. If they had come upon an accident victim or if it was someone else's kid and they sat around praying refusing to call for help, would anyone be trying to defend them? Well, I don't see what difference it being their own kid makes. Her life wasn't their's to throw away. Their's to shape as they saw fit maybe, but not to extinguish.

And they did murder her through their inaction. I don't care what the legal definition of murder is, what their intentions were and what that means to the law, or anything else. They didn't act when they could have and their girl is dead now. As dead as if they held her head underwater. The crime, that betrayal, is worse to me than if some nut had killed her. I'm not afraid to pass judgment, screw that. And my judgment is, let them rot.

I don't think it's an issue of faith. More like, can your faith be the instrument of death for another. If they had come upon an accident victim or if it was someone else's kid and they sat around praying refusing to call for help, would anyone be trying to defend them? Well, I don't see what difference it being their own kid makes. Her life wasn't their's to throw away. Their's to shape as they saw fit maybe, but not to extinguish.

And they did murder her through their inaction. I don't care what the legal definition of murder is, what their intentions were and what that means to the law, or anything else. They didn't act when they could have and their girl is dead now. As dead as if they held her head underwater. The crime, that betrayal, is worse to me than if some nut had killed her. I'm not afraid to pass judgment, screw that. And my judgment is, let them rot.

I agree. Great post!