Favorite Eating Places-

FriscoFan

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

)

For Tyler:

1. Taqueria El Lugar -( the Orginal one off Gentry by the Super 1 Foods) (I know the owner and family; good folks!) :wub:

2. Weinerland (hotdog joint accross from TJC off Fifth St.)

3. Dwayne's Country Cafe (Fifth St.)

4. Little Italy (Just "discovered" this last time I was in town....always seemed kinda shady, but the food was EXCELLENT!!)

5. Texas Roadhouse

Does anyone else miss Coffee Landing in Coffee City??? :(

Yes, I miss Coffee Landing. I also miss Red Ackers, and Dwayne's Country Cafe (recently closed)

I don't know, the Bubba Burger in Harleton is a beast.

Bubba burgers used to be on the top but my last visit to Fugler's (I think that is the name of the place) was 5 or 6 years ago. On this visit I had to wait few minutes because they were busy. This was not a good thing because I had time to walk around the store... it was extremely nasty. Molded veggies in the coolers, dirt and trash in every nook and cranny. I am not a clean freak and know what a hard job it is to keep an older establishment clean but this was far from average every day business dirty. That was my last visit so their cleanliness may have improved by now.

Watch it buddy!! As bad as I hate that God-forsaken state, Oklahoma ain't too far for me to drive.

Ah, once you drive in about 10 miles on I-35, you'll want to turn around. I'm tempted to do it every time.

I know everyone's tastes are different, but I always found El Charro to be incredibly overrated.

Yes, I miss Coffee Landing. I also miss Red Ackers, and Dwayne's Country Cafe (recently closed)

Uncle's wife was a waitress for Dwayne for over 20 years....she left about 8-9 months back.....

How long has it been closed??

I'm gonna miss going there when I come into town...:(

Nothing better than a big plate of ribs!

Ive had the ribs at Country Tavern and they were awesome!

The catfish at David Beards in Ore City? was really good too!

My top 5 places Ive eaten ribs at are:

1) Sonny Bryans (Dallas)

2) Corky's (Memphis)

3) Stubbs BBQ (Austin)

4) Country Tavern (Kilgore)

5) Randy White's (Frisco)

I just flat out love food! :thumbsup:

I'm going to go with Tyler, since I don't like to claim OKC -- and there are very few really good eating options up here. Plus, I can't afford to eat at Mickey Mantle's.

So here are mine in Tyler:

1. Bruno's

2. Taqueria El Lugar

3. St. Louis Ribs

4. Mercados

5. Shogun

Sonoma Grill and Julian's are on my list of places I still need to visit in Tyler.

I was not all that impressed with Sonama Grill but now I would rate Julian's high on the list.

Mantle, have you ever been to El Reno and had their grilled onion burgers? Small burgers with the onions grilled into the meat, we used to run out there to one of the (very small) grills and get a couple along with a coney dog or two..........remember them to be very tasty!!!!

Paris

24th Street (bleeds place)

Weezy's

La Familia

Buzy Bee (Hugo)

one of the many greasy spoons for breakfast....Nancy's/McKee's/...

love Superior Grill in Shreveport.........

In Palestine

!. La Chaparra(located at the old Medicine Shop near downtown)

2. El Toro

3. Cotton Patch

4. Giovanni's

5. Shep's BBQ

Before you people that don't live in Palestine slam me for not putting Little Mexico on my list they were left out because it burned down. I spoke with a girl that used to work there and she said it should reopen in October.

Where's Southern Comfort? (Oh, wait, I stashed that bottle in the cabinet....:whome:)

OY! Just the mention of Southern Comfort turns my stomache... of course it is from my own idiocy of drinking way to much of it, in way too short amount of time when I was a young, inexperienced in the effects of a hard liquor such as SC. The smell makes me instantly ill. LOL.

I'll add places I've lived, since I saw others mention their hometowns.

Longview/Tyler :

1. Johnny Cace's Seafood and Steak

2. Bodacious Barbeque

3. Casa Ole - Simply for the green sauce.

4. Mercado's

5. Bernard's Mediterranean

6. Fat Cat's

7. Rhea's Hotlinks - Not as good as Doc's in Gilmer, but a close one.

8. Ken's Pizza Buffett

9. The Olive Garden

10. Traditions/Luby's - I was raised on Wyatt's and Bryce's in Texarkana, and it's still in my blood.

Places I miss : Pancho's in Longview, K & N Root Beer, The Shed, La Hacienda in Kilgore, The Windmill Plaza, Hoffbrau on 5th Street, Monterrey House, Alvin Ord's in Longview, Top Burger in Longview, Cace's in Tyler, Burger Chef on Mobberly in Longview, Pizza Inn on Loop 281, The Hot Bisquit (Don had the best Chicken Fried Steaks ever), J.W. Finn's on Loop 323, and Mardi Gras they had a good idea and I liked their food and beer selection.