Favorite Eating Places-

FriscoFan

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Country Tavern....the most overrated food joint in East Texas. ;)

I have to agree, and I like ribs. Bodacious, Hickory Fare, Spring Creek, and The Purple Pig have better ribs. I'm not trying to come down on Country Tavern, but somethings missing.

3. Mamacita's

We found the one in San Marcos by the college one year at State Solo and Ensemble - great food for a great price.

Rhino, what happened to Camino Hacienda on I-35 going into San Antonio? (I think that's the name - restaurant on the right at the top of a hill.) When I was in SAT in February, I noticed it was closed. That place had some GREAT food.

Barbecue - The County Line

Best weekend brunch - The Emily Morgan in San Antonio

For those of you in Kilgore.. (If it is still in business) Big T's-a family ran whole in the wall cafe. Very good food and cheap prices. Used to eat breakfast there every Friday morning when we worked off graveyards at Mansfield Plumbing Products.

Rhino, what happened to Camino Hacienda on I-35 going into San Antonio? (I think that's the name - restaurant on the right at the top of a hill.) When I was in SAT in February, I noticed it was closed. That place had some GREAT food.

It was El Camino Real. It changed ownership, and is now Chuy's.

Speaking of San Antonio, I was down there for a week long school and found Lulu's cafe. That place was awesome. They made chicken fried steaks in ways that I had never even fathomed. The one I grew fond of was called the San Antonio PD plate (all their meals had some type of law enforcement theme). This steak was smothered in chili con queso. It was the best.

Guest imyahuckleberry
4. Cooper's BBQ- llano Location is better!

No doubt a great place but way overpriced. I can never get out of there without dropping 30 just on myself........but then again when I'm on the way to the Deer Lease I don't count money.

Nacogdoches

1. El Ranchero (2 free margaritas per person)

2. Butcher Boys

3. Nijiya Sushi Bar & Grill

4. Stacy's Deli

5. Nacogdoches Seafood

But my real number 1 is Gonzalos in Longview. Hands down Mr. Gonzalo knows what he is doing.

Where's Southern Comfort? (Oh, wait, I stashed that bottle in the cabinet....:whome:)

yah same here, its tastes great the first few times you drink so co, then you drink the sum gun way too much one night then thats it for soco, but the restraunt is the best homecooking place to eat in college station hands down..

yah same here, its tastes great the first few times you drink so co, then you drink the sum gun way too much one night then thats it for soco, but the restraunt is the best homecooking place to eat in college station hands down..

So.....where is it? LOL. I haven't ever been.

Have you been to Sodalack's or The Longhorn Tavern off 21?

• 2 weeks later...

Here in town..............

Fuad's Lake Country

Cattlemans' Steak House

Texas Roadhouse

Hooters

Outback

When we really eat out is when we go to Dallas

Del Frisco's Double Eagle

3 Forks

Al Berneit's

The Cheesecake Factory

The Grape

4. Cooper's BBQ- llano Location is better!

We were leaving Cooper's once and a girl in an ivy league shirt walked up and asked the guy manning the pit if they have any vegetarian meals. All I could hear over my laughter was him say ma'am we are a bbq restaurant.

• 2 months later...
When Whataburger is your favorite restaurant, you lead a very sheltered life!

didn't say it was my favorite. it's good to grab a bite before the game though. plus the hablinskys are friends and they are also great sponsors on our broadcasts.

Depending on the size of the town, Whataburger may be the biggest and or best thing there. There is nothing wrong with that. Also, if it's tradition to eat at a certain place and you enjoy it, so what. Perhaps it is a place you dad or Grandpa used to take you or the family when you were a kid before y'all went to the game. Perhaps you have continued the tradition with your kid, kids and family.

The name or how fancy the place is does not matter, it's what you feel inside!