College grad sues college

parentofredheads

I figured it was probably a Tech school..........

They're always promising finding their alumni jobs after graduation.

It's not the school's fault the economy is tanked. :banghead:

They [the school] MIGHT could do a better job of finding her a job but that doesn't merit her the right to SUE the school. :rolleyes:

Give me a break....:thumbdown: :rant:

This is got to be one of the stupidist things I have read in a while. To all college students:

1. You are not as good as you think you are

2. We are in a recession - There is not a job waiting for you

3. A college education is a stepping stone to the job you want. Without desire and hard work you will go no where.

I do the hiring for my comapny in this area. So dress nice. Take that crude you call body art off your face. Show up early to the interview/ not late, and have a resume at least showing where you volunteered at during the four wonderful years you called College. There are to many qualified people in front of you with expierence. So at least try to show you want the job even if it is not the one you want. With any luck you will avoid digging ditches and living with your Mama and Daddy your whole life.

osup116, you are so right. When I worked in San Antonio, all applications had to go through me before I sent them on to my boss. Too many made their way to "File 13" because of the way the people presented themselves on paper. Since that's usually the first impression, it needs to be a good one! In my old age, I'm discovering that many times it's all about who you know. Whether we like it or not, it's all about connections. And once you get that job? Do it with pride. Be the best whatever that you can be. I've noticed too many people get a job and then think it's beneath their dignity to do it. Duh.... How you approach and do your job shows your character.

This person may be educated with the book smarts, but has a lot to learn about living in the real world. Sheesh!

These kids coming out of college now have a very rude awakening in front of them if they can't adapt to the world as it is now.......

great posts......

And let's talk about whose fault that is....

My parents had it pretty good - spoiled us (not bad, and we didn't have the same things as others, but we were NEVER without!)

Us as parents now, are spoiling ours (or did - mine got a rude awakening about 5 years ago!)

Perfect example: Young'un's got a very nice PAID OFF '06 Dodge half ton single cab - very nice! And he's got trash in the back and in it... I just happen to have to drive it one morning...I went in there and woke his big patookas up and told him that when I was his age, I had to drive a tank, that had no air conditioning, and no power steering (they hate when I tell him how it was when I was growing up).... that he get up and clean that truck up, and within the hour, it'd better be all nice and shiney!!!!!!! But, MOM.... yeah, and while you're at it, you can wash and vacuum mine as well! BUT, MOM... yeah, and while you're at that, I need the entire yard and back by the barn weedeated... BUT, MOM, I... and while you're at it.... "son, do you think sometimes you need to keep your mouth shut?" stomp, stomp, stomp.

This past weekend... oldest son has to borrow my truck last week, because we was short on gas in his vehicle... uh-huh... I notice he got a little mud on it... he owed me $30... yesterday morning... Son, when you get up and about, I need you to go and wash and vacuum my truck out.... 2 hours later, he comes in, and says, okay, I'm going to go and wash your truck. I said okie, doke, be careful and luv ya... (he's still standing there)... he says, Well, Mom, I need some money....son, you owe me $30.... oh, yeah, I forgot about that...stomp, stomp, stomp...(hubby was just a giggling).

Young'un comes in today from college (I made him take the second summer semester - LOL)... his finals are this Thursday... now, son, you understand that if you don't make B plus that our insurance is going to go up, because of your grades... yeah, mom, but just a bit... uh-huh....Well, son, I tell ya what, if it goes up $30 a month (lying here), because you spend more time on that stupid XBox than you do with your school work, I'll tell you what, me and your Dad are going to come up with things for you to do approximately $60 worth a month, and we only pay $3 an hour.

But mom.....I told him I'd start making my list....

I can truthfully say, we have the prettiest yard for miles around, not to mention how sparkling clean my truck is! LOL!

well, i'm wondering what her degree is in. it's probably something really useful like women's studies, or black or hispanic studies. those kind of degrees are only good when the country is having prosperous times. even then, they're still useless.