Russian Subs off OUR East Coast

OldSchool

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, well, heck fire... let's break out the champagne, invite 'em in to New York.

While we're at it, let's take 'em for a stroll to the Pentagon, and every nuclear facility we have.

You know, if this wasn't so bizarre, I don't know whether I'd laugh or cry... I swear, hundreds of things coming every single day....

Who's scared by a Russian sub? Those pieces of trash are easlily found and tracked by our Navy.

I don't think anyone is scared of them.....Speaking for myself, I want the navy to give them the proper motivation to LEAVE our waters instead of just tracking them.....maybe a few depth charges to get them on the move......

I don't think anyone is scared of them.....Speaking for myself, I want the navy to give them the proper motivation to LEAVE our waters instead of just tracking them.....maybe a few depth charges to get them on the move......

They aren't/weren't in our waters.

"...One of the submarines is the newer Akula II, officials said, which is quieter than the older variant and the most advanced in the Russian fleet. The Akula is capable of carrying torpedoes for attacking other submarines and surface vessels as well as missiles for striking targets on land and at sea..."

200 miles off our coast? Uh-huh, wonder how far those torpedoes shoot?

Now, I've read a lot of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_waters yes, I know it's Wikipedia, but gotta start somewhere... what I'm reading with all the ratifications, etc... we can have oil rigs out to 200 miles...

So we've got a Russian sub, that is one of the prime of their fleet, that can shoot torpedoes, 200 miles off of our coastline, and they say it's in "international waters". What are they, 200 miles and 10 feet?

Our fleet, needs to rock on at exactly 199.5 miles and raise the hatch and say HEY DE HO!

I have to agree with Colmesneilfan1 and parentofredheads on this. The Russian Navy doesn't have any business lurking anywhere near our borders. There are many countries that they can go and practice their war maneuvers 201 feet off their coasts. I'm buying more and more into the video of BHO being rejected by Russian military/government officers.

The Russians have made sucha mockery of BHO that they are probabaly testing the waters to see what his reaction will be so they can have something else to write in their papers for another few months. They have had a ball since he has been elected!

The Russians have made sucha mockery of BHO that they are probabaly testing the waters to see what his reaction will be so they can have something else to write in their papers for another few months. They have had a ball since he has been elected!

LOL! Well, since "they wouldn't shake his hand from before", I guess they won't even pop open the hatch to wave... sorry sap suckers... LOL!