Russian Subs off OUR East Coast

OldSchool

It has been wild to see how much of a mockery they have made out of our current administration. Sadly a great deal of America agrees with our greatest foes over how badly this admin is! A few of their articles have been right on the money on some things!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable. When did we ever? That's why it's international waters and not US waters.

A truly STRONG nation would decide for itself where it's waters ended and international waters begin.....and not be concerned with what the rest of the world had to say about it.......

A truly STRONG nation would decide for itself where it's waters ended and international waters begin.....and not be concerned with what the rest of the world had to say about it.......

We didn't even do that under Reagan's watch.

Even more... if they're out 200 miles, and from my understanding is right at the line... how come our subs aren't a half a mile from 'em...seriously... or do we not protect our borders anymore?

I suggest if something happens like 9/11 under this "president's watch"...it's going to get nasty, real nasty!!!!

Even more... if they're out 200 miles, and from my understanding is right at the line... how come our subs aren't a half a mile from 'em...seriously... or do we not protect our borders anymore?

I suggest if something happens like 9/11 under this "president's watch"...it's going to get nasty, real nasty!!!!

Surely you don't believe the subs were alone. They were most certainly 'accompanied' by assets from the 2nd Fleet.

So what sideliner and BP is saying is that if a group of men walked by thier property they would not tell them to leave ,since the road is a public road, and they would not worry about the safty of thier house.

You're concerned about the "safty" of your house when people walk by in the street?

People walk by my house all day; sometimes they even walk through my yard.

Apples and oranges.

So what sideliner and BP is saying is that if a group of men walked by thier property they would not tell them to leave ,since the road is a public road, and they would not worry about the safty of thier house.

Thats not even close to being the same thing.

Ships from other countries are allowed to move about freely in International Waters, but once they float into U.S. waters then we can start getting defensive. You do realize that our Navy does this sort of thing to other countries all the time...its called presence. Sure its a bit suspicious but they didn't provoke a fight so they did nothing wrong. Trust me, they don't want to fight our fleet. We have the world's finest Navy and we would crush that Russian junk before it made news.

Ships from other countries are allowed to move about freely in International Waters, but once they float into U.S. waters then we can start getting defensive. You do realize that our Navy does this sort of thing to other countries all the time...its called presence. Sure its a bit suspicious but they didn't provoke a fight so they did nothing wrong. Trust me, they don't want to fight our fleet. We have the world's finest Navy and we would crush that Russian junk before it made news.

^ Preach it brotha!

Well now, wait a minute, Doc. If there's something the U.S. needs to get involved in, then I see them "testing" the waters. However, a good defense is a better offense.

I don't want any nuclear subs, I don't care who makes 'em, carrying land and air missles, 200 miles off my coastline, period!

Pity, that we haven't heard in the news that at least America is making its presence known to those subs or that America's keeping up with whatever. What do we do, wait till they bomb the heck out of us and then oh, okay, everybody, let's pull out our ships and our subs. Kinda after the fact after Americans have lost their lives...

Not to mention, who ya think these suckers sell their stuff to... China, Venezuela, Iran, Korea...

Well now, wait a minute, Doc. If there's something the U.S. needs to get involved in, then I see them "testing" the waters. However, a good defense is a better offense.

I don't want any nuclear subs, I don't care who makes 'em, carrying land and air missles, 200 miles off my coastline, period!

Pity, that we haven't heard in the news that at least America is making its presence known to those subs or that America's keeping up with whatever. What do we do, wait till they bomb the heck out of us and then oh, okay, everybody, let's pull out our ships and our subs. Kinda after the fact after Americans have lost their lives...

Not to mention, who ya think these suckers sell their stuff to... China, Venezuela, Iran, Korea...

Are you really suggesting that our Navy lacks offense?

Our subs patrol the oceans unabated.

Why would our subs make their 'presence' known and give away their position? BTW, the reason you know the subs were there is because the Navy released the information.

So you want us to go pick a fight every time a foreign military comes close to America's shores? That ain't gonna happen. If there had been a legitimate threat, then our Navy would have taken to the proper actions to protect our country. The rules of escalation of force are very strict. The Russian subs floating in International Waters, no matter how close to U.S. Waters, did not show hostile intent and was not classified as a hostile act, therefore engaging them with combat action was not authorized. Like I said before, If there was a threat, our Navy would neutralize the enemy before you even heard it was happening.

Please tell me you don't teach history... especially maritime history.

Sorry I forgot you were a BluePirate arrrrrrr

Really I think this has a lot more to do with how Obama has shown major weakness in his short term as Prez then anything else. This is the second country that has come real close to our "waters" ,but we watch em real good, since B.O. has become comander-in-chief. Obama has given an order for our men on the ground not to shoot when shot at in Afghaniland so I do not doubt our navys strength I just doubt how much we strength we are allowed to use.

----

Sorry I forgot you were a BluePirate arrrrrrr

Really I think this has a lot more to do with how Obama has shown major weakness in his short term as Prez then anything else. This is the second country that has come real close to our "waters" ,but we watch em real good, since B.O. has become comander-in-chief. Obama has given an order for our men on the ground not to shoot when shot at in Afghaniland so I do not doubt our navys strength I just doubt how much we strength we are allowed to use.

----

Right on, JV. Very good point...

Let's see, we've got Snobama running around to every Muslim world... oh, so sorry.

Let's see, we've got Snobama taking over the car companies... oh, so sorry.

Let's see, we've got Snobama taking over the healthcare industry ... oh, so sorry.

Let's see, we've got Black Panthers running amuck at polling booths... oh, so sorry.

Let's see, the Constitution of the United States... oh, so sorry, that's gone now.

Yeah, somebody wanna convince me THIS ADMINISTRATION is going to show ANY cahones WHATSOEVER when it comes to foreign powers on our shores, or ON OUR OWN LAND?