cheaptrick77

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by strawberry66

Brian May from Queen. Very underated yet to me unreal. :notworthy:

I in everyway agree! I dont care if they were homosexual they were a great band and he was a great player. I listen to queen all the time. They are great singers and very humorous at times

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Texashurdler

I in everyway agree! I dont care if they were homosexual they were a great band and he was a great player. I listen to queen all the time. They are great singers and very humorous at times

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly, Freddie Mercury was the only one of the group that was/is gay. But like I said, I could be wrong.

And Bohemian Rhapsody is one of my favorites and one of the most creative songs ever written, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Brian May of Queen is not gay. Great guitarist. Plays with a sixpence instead of a pick. I have a collection of picks but a crown jewel for me would be a sixpence that Brian May has used. Hopefully I can obtain one this year when Queen tours with Paul Rodgers of Bad Company.

There are too many great guitarists to even list. Many are great for various reason and many play with different sonic tones.

Of course Segovia is considered the father of the classical guitar.

In rock, I am partial to Neal Schon, who joined Santana when he was 16 years old and went on to become a founding member of Journey. His national anthem is only rivaled by that of Jimi Hendrix.

Originally posted by Cntnf-ball

EDDIE VAN,FREAKIN,HALEN!!

I had a conversation with him for about ten minutes in New York. He was so cool, laid back and instigated most of the conversation. He signed my laptop and just cruised out.

:notworthy:

The Lord of the Strings!!

awesome!!

Rock ON!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the link to the old thread, cheaptrick. My answer was pure bonehead for leaving out Duane Allman. Don't ask... I must have been preoccupied or inebriated or something.

1. Stevie Ray Vaughan

2. Duane Allman

3. Jimmy Page

4. Jimi Hendrix

5. Eric Clapton

6. Eddie Van Halen

7. Django Reinhart

8. Albert King

What I like about all these guys is that they are all master guitar players, and to me, they essentially channeled their souls through their instruments. I respect everybody's opinion here, but some of the guys listed elsewhere in this thread make me giggle a little bit. But everyone has their own opinion of what makes a good guitar player, so I'll just hush up.