New School ?

CT88

OK I am just sitting here at work and i was wondering....

What would it be like if you had the power to combine 2 schools together?

What 2 schools would you combine, Why would you combine them and what sport are we talking about?

Just trying to find something that will pass the time, im sure in a few weeks these boards will be filled up.

OK I am just sitting here at work and i was wondering....

What would it be like if you had the power to combine 2 schools together?

What 2 schools would you combine, Why would you combine them and what sport are we talking about?

Just trying to find something that will pass the time, im sure in a few weeks these boards will be filled up.

If you combined Daingerfield and Pewitt into one Morris County school. You would have one heck of a 3A football team.

Gilmer and ..........:hmm: well, dang, they're already a powerhouse! :w00t:

Ha, I'd have to say Gilmer and Carthage. I think that'd be a good match up. Saw some kids from Carthage play this summer at 7-on-7.....good athletes!

Palestine and Westwood. No reason for a town the size of Palestine to have 2 3a.

:thumbsup: I agree!!! I've always thought it was really weird....

There used to be a lot of talk about Lee-JT combining years ago. Football would be tough. Basketball would be tough. Baseball would stay the same.

Yeah, that would be a powerhouse, wouldn't it?? I thought about these two teams when I was thinking about which teams I'd like to see......

:rofl: I can't speak for Lee, but I did see JT play a few years ago in a TNT.......they weren't TERRIBLE I just don't think that there's as much interest or emphasis for that matter on baseball at JT like there is Basketball and Football.

Gilmer and ..........:hmm: well, dang, they're already a powerhouse! :w00t:

Ha, I'd have to say Gilmer and Carthage. I think that'd be a good match up. Saw some kids from Carthage play this summer at 7-on-7.....good athletes!

how about that little 2a out west on 154? be some good baseball and football teams.

how about that little 2a out west on 154? be some good baseball and football teams.

Don't know which one that is......Harmony? I really have no idea.....

And which teams would you combine?

i'd combine Atlanta and Queen City in a heartbeat. you've got a medium sized 3A in Atlanta and an upper bracket 2A in QC within two miles of each other. it's never made since to me why they two schools didn't combine years ago. that way you could combine not only the schools but you'd also combine the tax base of both districts into one.

I know this is different but i would want to combine Bullard High School & Bullard Brook Hill. I know there is no way becuase one is public and one is private but i really think there would finally be enough athletes. I understand more than half of the kids that go to brookhill or not in Bullards district lines but it would be nice to have more athletes.

You would think as big as Bullard is (and they are still growing) they would have a decent number of athletes but the number of kids coming out for football and basketball are always very low. Which makes me think how do towns like Tatum keep producing athletes year in and year out?( I know eagleborn will help me out with that one)

To be honest I really dont know.. This town and surronding communities( ones inside school lines) are truely very blessed. Maybe it could have something to do with the actual familys? Alot of players on teams this year are related to players on former teams.. For instance Stephen Hodge is the "little" brother of former Eagle Anthony Hodge. He was all-state back in the early 90s.. Hortons, Bealls, Mccoys, Centers,,,,, all of those family's have produced excellent athletes. Sons of sons of sons... The list goes on.. Being able to keep great coaches at the school helps athletes reach potential. Tradition keeps players wanting to play... So IMO being blessed,genetics,coaching and tradition in that order has helped this little town of one 4way stop be succesful.

Hey Rabfan, lets combine Atlanta and Tatum for "track" purposes? lol

Holy Smokes! how many titles do you think we could stack up in a ten year period! you talk about a monopoly in track! :highfive:

that is an absolutely scary thought!

DOES NOT WORK!!!

Port Arthur combined 3 schools (TJ, SFA, Lincoln) into Memorial. What have they done?

Victoria combined (High and Stroman) into one school and what have they done?

Victoria is even going back to splitting the schools up again back into their original schools.

There is no chemistry within the school.

Old School Rivalries still exist within the school.