Black guy beat up by

OldSchool

Pass this on too. One of the cooments, is that they seem to think no one should question them, and now that we are, they dont know how to play fair.

Thanks, OldSchool. I'm not sure the other guys have EVER played fair.

You know what tickels me, I've always done my civic duty/right and voted, always. I figure it this way, you can't complain, if you don't vote. The conservative base has been complacent, just as I have. We've done our civic duty and taken the stance, "Well, I did my part." But have we? I know I haven't. We've watched on TV, and shook our heads, and think... golley gee, that's bad, or golley gee, that's not fair, somebody should do something about it, and we all sit on our complacent bums and do nothing. We never seem to complain until AFTER something happens, and then we whine. Why, oh why, did that have to happen.

And so our congressmen too have become complacent, although we scream at the top of our lungs because "they" are complacent. We haven't pushed them to be any other way. Granted, we've elected them to fight our fight, but apparently, because the other side isn't and hasn't been playing fair for years, is why we're in the mess we are in today. We LET THIS happen!

Truthfully, last year is when it hit me. Was on a halter horse forum, we got to talking politics, and a person who I was debating with, literally FORCED me to become more aware than I had been previously. She literally MADE me look up things, find out facts for myself. In the end, although her guy won, I still thanked her for opening my eyes.

It's either time for the complacent conservative base to get off their laurels or we're going to lose this battle. Otherwise, we'll have nothing to complain about because we didn't do our part. We can blame the media, we came blame each other, we can blame the liberals, but it's kind of like pointing a finger...there's three fingers pointing back at ya there.

It would have been go time if I was der. Maybe not but what that is messed up.

What? Did you forget your meds today? You are speaking like Uncle Vito on Viva la Bam.

The bottom line is two groups that have strong opposing feelings pushed too far and someone got punched. It happens all the time. We were just fortunate to see the end of this because a man had a video camera.

The Brownshirts are on the move.......read your history........1932 - 1936 Germany.........

Colmes my friend, you are SO right!

It is Hilter & the Third Reich all over again. Hopefully, we won't lie down like the innocent German population and won't become drunk from the Obama kool-aid and let them run over us.

My father-in-law were talking last night at his birthday party (his 67th) about has there ever been a country in the history of the world to have been taken over by the type of government Obama, Pelosi, & Reid are running (with Rahm running the BHO Gestopo, etc.) that has been able to eliminate the tyranny without bloodshed.

Sadly, we could not come up with an example of this happening. I've said it before & will say it again, unfortunately, we do not have a John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, or George Washington nor do we have a Sam Houston, Davy Crockett, or Jim Bowie.

God Save the United States of America!

P.S. I wish Hillary would have taken the time while she was in Kenya to stop by their government records office and picked up a copy of BHO's birth certificate! I guess she was too busy aranging a marriage trade of two cows for her daughter! :rofl:

unfortunately, we do not have a John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, or George Washington nor do we have a Sam Houston, Davy Crockett, or Jim Bowie.

We do have Rick Perry.......and the internet......smoaky nation needs to assert ourselves more offline.......

you sure the two cows werent for bill? lol

http://www.civicyouth.org/PopUps/FactSheet..._exit_polls.pdf

i believe this is what cost mccain the election. the celebrity democrats wooing fisrt time voters. what does the republican party need to do to change this in four years. how can we show the kids what a true conservative is and what his beliefs are? just cause it's cool to vote for somebody is stupid. your vote has an effect on the people who have to live with that person's and his partys policy. should the voter age limit be raised?

I would have liked to have seen exactly what started the bruhaha. "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins." Oliver Wendell Holmes.

I couldn't see by the video who started the swinging. It appeared that 3 men were down, and 2 of them were SEIU representatives. The white guy seemed to be the aggressor, however by his actions. What I thought was :bounce: , was the aggressor was smoking, but had a Support 2009 Healthcare shirt on. Isn't that contradictory to BHO's healthcare plan ? I saw one black gentleman get up, but he was wearing a SEIU shirt as well, and he was holding his shoulder.

I couldn't really tell the race of the person that was assaulted. It appeared that both of them assaulted the victim. I quit watching it 2 minutes into it, after they handcuffed the white guy.

I'm trying to view this rationally, and I can't tell what brought about the rhubarb. Is there a police report about this story ?

I would have liked to have seen exactly what started the bruhaha. "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins." Oliver Wendell Holmes.

I couldn't see by the video who started the swinging. It appeared that 3 men were down, and 2 of them were SEIU representatives. The white guy seemed to be the aggressor, however by his actions. What I thought was :bounce: , was the aggressor was smoking, but had a Support 2009 Healthcare shirt on. Isn't that contradictory to BHO's healthcare plan ? I saw one black gentleman get up, but he was wearing a SEIU shirt as well, and he was holding his shoulder.

I couldn't really tell the race of the person that was assaulted. It appeared that both of them assaulted the victim. I quit watching it 2 minutes into it, after they handcuffed the white guy.

I'm trying to view this rationally, and I can't tell what brought about the rhubarb. Is there a police report about this story ?

Couldn't really tell too much what was going on, too dark. However, in the end, a SEIU guy gets handcuffed.

To 35....and you should have to be a land or business owner to vote OR run for office......lawyers need not apply....... :saint:

and have job and pay taxes, if I might add.

To 35....and you should have to be a land or business owner to vote OR run for office......lawyers need not apply....... :saint:

Really. My daughter and her husband are in their 20s and are conservative. They rent an apt. They shouldn't be allowed to vote? In fact, I rent. I'm not a land or business owner. What happened to my rights and freedoms as an American citizen? Why would you want a law that would not allow me to vote?

On another thread, it was proposed that EVERY person had to vote or else not be allowed to return to work. Are you freakin' kidding me? People have the right to vote or not vote. They have the right to choose the candidates they want in office. Even though I don't see the mandate for change - or a "clear" majority, I do believe in the American system. The people who are in charge right now are those that American voters chose. If we had wanted to win, we should have gotten more voters to the poll ourselves. We sit back and gripe about the tactics of the Democrats - but, geez, guys - haven't you ever heard of fighting fire with fire?

Conservatives were lazy and apathetic - bored and fat happy with their lives. Their candidate did not enthuse them and get them excited. If we want to return to a conservative governmental body, then we have to get people to want to listen to and believe in the message, give them a candidate they can trust and get excited about, and change the values of the individual homes.

Let's not go so far the other direction that we give up our freedoms to another dictator - just because he or she is a conservative. Maybe Animal Farm has more relevance than I have been giving it.

From "Colmes is running for politics":

(14) On polling days, every single American will MUST VOTE. All employers will be instructed if they don't show their punch card that they've voted, they MAY NOT RETURN TO WORK UNTIL THEY DO.

Your response (post #5):

IF I were running, THAT would be my platform......parentoffredheads has been paying attention...... :thumbsup:

I know about smilies. If this was sarcasm, then yes, I obviously missed it. I guess I'm just considering all the posts I've been reading - not just the ones found in "Black guy beat up by." I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Really. My daughter and her husband are in their 20s and are conservative. They rent an apt. They shouldn't be allowed to vote? In fact, I rent. I'm not a land or business owner. What happened to my rights and freedoms as an American citizen? Why would you want a law that would not allow me to vote?

On another thread, it was proposed that EVERY person had to vote or else not be allowed to return to work. Are you freakin' kidding me? People have the right to vote or not vote. They have the right to choose the candidates they want in office. Even though I don't see the mandate for change - or a "clear" majority, I do believe in the American system. The people who are in charge right now are those that American voters chose. If we had wanted to win, we should have gotten more voters to the poll ourselves. We sit back and gripe about the tactics of the Democrats - but, geez, guys - haven't you ever heard of fighting fire with fire?

Conservatives were lazy and apathetic - bored and fat happy with their lives. Their candidate did not enthuse them and get them excited. If we want to return to a conservative governmental body, then we have to get people to want to listen to and believe in the message, give them a candidate they can trust and get excited about, and change the values of the individual homes.

Let's not go so far the other direction that we give up our freedoms to another dictator - just because he or she is a conservative. Maybe Animal Farm has more relevance than I have been giving it.

No, I'm not kidding, and it's exactly the reasons that you've stated, obviously, is why it should be a mandate.

1) They have the right to choose candidates they want.

2) We/they sit back and gripe about the tactics of the Dems - I suggest to you, IF YOU DON'T VOTE, you're not entitled to gripe - PERIOD!

You state fight fire with fire. Well, that's fine, but the conservative base, doesn't actually think that way. The conservative base SHOULD NOT have to fight fire with fire, and LOWER ourselves to the liberal way of doing things. The conservative base should not resort to what ACORN, etc. have done, that's why we are the conservative base.

There's mandates, employment-wise for mandatory holidays. There's government mandates on how much taxes we pay and the system we pay into. Do you think it would be unreasonable for one good - that's a new term, a good mandate for every American citizen to vote, (and when I say vote, I mean, you best have your driver's license and proof of American citizenship, whether it be by birth certificate or whatever).

Hundreds of years ago, new U.S. citizens felt it a privilege - that has been lost, and it needs to be regained. We shouldn't have to lower ourselves to the liberal ways of doing things. Now, they've forced us, and I hope to goodness, we NEVER act as bad as they have or will.

So, we give up freedoms; we give up rights. Are you saying that only conservatives have jobs? Only conservatives have land or a business? I agree that if a person doesn't vote, he or she has lost the right to gripe. I also agree that there should be proof of citizenship and residency, but residency does not mean ownership. Apparently, you missed my point.

And, we have begun to fight fire with fire. Liberals were the ones who taught us in the 50s and 60s how to protest and speak our minds - to speak up where we would be heard. For too long, we have been silent and have lost our way. Do you really believe that the Tea Parties and these town hall meetings were invented by conservatives? Nope, we learned from the "masters of protesting." I think we've learned the lessons well. AND THEY DON'T LIKE IT!

What freedoms are you willing to give up for the utopian society? Every freedom that is lost (including the right to vote or not to vote), is lost ... gone forever. Where would it stop? And who chooses the freedoms lost? Who chooses how many and which ones? Are you willing to live without those rights and freedoms when the liberals are chosen to be in power?

No, I'm not kidding, and it's exactly the reasons that you've stated, obviously, is why it should be a mandate.

1) They have the right to choose candidates they want.

2) We/they sit back and gripe about the tactics of the Dems - I suggest to you, IF YOU DON'T VOTE, you're not entitled to gripe - PERIOD!

To you pseudo-conservatives... The 1st Amendment to the Constitution protects even those that chose not to vote.

So, we give up freedoms; we give up rights. Are you saying that only conservatives have jobs? Only conservatives have land or a business? I agree that if a person doesn't vote, he or she has lost the right to gripe. I also agree that there should be proof of citizenship and residency, but residency does not mean ownership. Apparently, you missed my point.

And, we have begun to fight fire with fire. Liberals were the ones who taught us in the 50s and 60s how to protest and speak our minds - to speak up where we would be heard. For too long, we have been silent and have lost our way. Do you really believe that the Tea Parties and these town hall meetings were invented by conservatives? Nope, we learned from the "masters of protesting." I think we've learned the lessons well.

What freedoms are you willing to give up for the utopian society? Every freedom that is lost (including the right to vote or not to vote), is lost ... gone forever. Where would it stop? And who chooses the freedoms lost? Who chooses how many and which ones? Are you willing to live without those rights and freedoms when the liberals are chosen to be in power?

No, we DON'T GIVE up a freedom, we exercise it.

I'm not sure where you came up with the deal about only conservatives having jobs... ?????

I didn't say anything about anybody owning anything.

Uh, Liberals didn't teach me anything. But our founding fathers did.

Who said anything about a utopian society? That doesn't exist.

Freedom includes voting. It's called exercising your freedom. People should exercise it.

As far as the rest of it...you're kind of preaching to the choir there on that, and at this point, kinda too late in the ballgame as far as who has chosen where our freedoms are gained or lost... it's called the three branches, and we've lost more than we've gained.