Is health care a civil right?

OldSchool

No one has the right to healthcare....show me in the Constitution where that right is given....this is not a civil rights issue and the lie they are telling will be exposed very quickly....the people aren't buying what you are selling, herr obama.....

I was thinking of this when I posted…

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Hospital emergency departments are forbidden by law to turn away someone in need of emergency care. Because something is required by law doesn't mean it's a right. The right to life is the right to act freely for one's self-preservation. It is not a right to be immune from death by natural causes, even an untimely death.

My amended answer is no, neither are rights. Both are privileges.

I would never turn a child away from emergency care. I have problems with an illegal that has

killed an entire family of American citizens in an auto accident while under the influence of drugs

or alcohol showing up in a emergency facilty. Comments?

While he only killed one person while driving intoxicated, an NFL semi-star spent less than 30 days in jail and is out on probation. He was just suspened from the NFL for one year. So maybe an illegal that killed a family of four should get 120 days in jail and free health care.

^SARCASM - don't kill me.

Neither are a right in my opinion. One has the right to pay for health care, but no one has the right for it to be provided for free. I believe in freedom, but if one doesn't make the arrangements to be able to afford healthcare it is a service.

Thinking back 223 years ago, healthcare boiled down to human compassion and a possible doctor or someone that was trained in healthcare. More often than not, you died. There wasn't any dishoner in that aspect. Today's society expects healthcare, when they could be accomplishing it on their own. Why does it seem like everyone desires a handout, today ?

People don't know how to sacrifice anymore.

Folks want health care like it was back in the day. Now you have hospitals that look like hotels-- you pay more. People griped about food, they feed you better now, the cook wants more money. The monitors, the anasthesia, the lasers, docs and nurses and techies all mean more money. The guy who empties the bed pan wants to make a living, so does the guy who sweeps the floors----Health care just costs more, and I think it is worth it. Ive seen Docs at 6 in the morning and 11 at night, I wouldnt want those hours. What do these people want? Some rich people go to the doc for every sniffle, that would be ridiculous to want that, its stupid and a waste, do they want that kind of care? They already can get prenatal and delivery for free, checkups for their kids for free, so what do the everyday people who have a little insurance have thats better than they have?

Folks want health care like it was back in the day. Now you have hospitals that look like hotels-- you pay more. People griped about food, they feed you better now, the cook wants more money. The monitors, the anasthesia, the lasers, docs and nurses and techies all mean more money. The guy who empties the bed pan wants to make a living, so does the guy who sweeps the floors----Health care just costs more, and I think it is worth it. Ive seen Docs at 6 in the morning and 11 at night, I wouldnt want those hours. What do these people want? Some rich people go to the doc for every sniffle, that would be ridiculous to want that, its stupid and a waste, do they want that kind of care? They already can get prenatal and delivery for free, checkups for their kids for free, so what do the everyday people who have a little insurance have thats better than they have?

Not to mention what those nurses, doctors, etc. paid to get that Ph.D. behind their name, or RN, etc. A freaking ton of money, I'm telling ya!

As they should.

You bet they should... my sister paid over $30,000 for her last little deal to put "nurse practicioner" on the back of her name.

...and all the extra added costs created by trial lawyers suing everybody for everything...... :P

You jussssttttt haaadddddd to go there, didn't you? LOL!

It's not the lawyers SUING.... it's the stupid plaintiffs!!!!!!!!! And all those stupid juries that think money grows on trees...

You jussssttttt haaadddddd to go there, didn't you? LOL!

It's not the lawyers SUING.... it's the stupid plaintiffs!!!!!!!!! And all those stupid juries that think money grows on trees...

lol...I can never pass up a free shot at trial lawyers.......