derek jeter- greastest ss of the past 15 years

Stoney

I like Derek Jeter, and he's the team captain.

Is he the greatest ? He's better than Cal Ripken, Jr. in all aspects of the game. Is he better than The Wizard of Oz, in many aspects.

Jeter will be in the HOF, and he's a team player. I respect his ability and how he plays hard every game. I can't say the same for other shortstops in MLB.

Is he the greatest ? He's better than Cal Ripken, Jr. in all aspects of the game. Is he better than The Wizard of Oz, in many aspects.

Sorry Dave, but I'm not understanding the reference....:blink:

Forgive my stupidity....

Forgive my stupidity....

Look at their stats. Cal gets a pass for being an iron horse. How many rings does Cal Ripken, Jr. have ? 1. Cal played everyday, most people could play baseball everyday. He hit 3184 base hits. People think Cal is the best.

Derek has played for 15 years he's a good player, he's not the best shortstop. Derek has 4 World Series rings on his hand. .316 average, he just overtook Luis Aparicio with the most hits as the shortstop position. He's a good player, I like him.

I liked watching the Wizard of Oz, great fielding shortstop.

The best shortstop in my opinion was a man out of Dallas, Texas. The one and only Mr. Cub. Derek will always come in second, unless he adds 2 more World Series rings during his career, has over 3400 hits, and retires with his batting average over .300 . I have a high bar for Mr. November. He's no big whoop, unless he can accomplish those tasks. Jr. is not the best I've ever seen at shortstop. Savvy ?

Forgive my stupidity....

ozzie smith was know as the wizard of oz. arguably the greatest defensive ss of all time.

derek jeter since '95 has been the greatest ss. that's at least 15(?) years of greatness.

cal ripken made the ss an offensive position.

ozzie smith was know as the wizard of oz. arguably the greatest defensive ss of all time.

derek jeter since '95 has been the greatest ss. that's at least 15(?) years of greatness.

cal ripken made the ss an offensive position.

Thanks Stoney!!! :thumbsup:

wizard = Ozzie Smith

Mr Cub = Ernie banks

Maybe this will help with Mr. TV's riddles.

Edit/ stoneykelly : You beat me to it - dagnabbit!

:whome: Thank you as well Vball. :thumbsup:

wizard = Ozzie Smith

Mr Cub = Ernie banks

Maybe this will help with Mr. TV's riddles.

Edit/ stoneykelly : You beat me to it - dagnabbit!

To me, they're not riddles. That's how these players are known. I love baseball. Baseball is one of the greatest sports in the world. I'll still say the Fall, was meant for Football.