Hubby/Tractor/Pistol

parentofredheads

Now, you'll all remember the Hubby Wants a New Pistol - help post I earlier posted...bear with me... here's what happened.

Well... so....last Thursday, went and talked to the bank about the tractor (75 hp, 4x4) ... fine...left all the info... called back Friday, still no word, hasn't had a chance to look at it... fine...

Okay, at this point, hubby's about to drive us both slap nutso...course you know, he's figured the tractor and the bush hog has already been sold... I listened to it all weekend...so today, Monday, first thing, I called up and left a message for banker to call me...

Hubby, youngest and I take off to college to enroll son, left my cell phone number with 'em... in the middle of all this, banker calls and says so and so's got to approve it, fine... let me know...hubby gets so irate, he stomps out of the building at college...LOL! Son and I could see him pacing outside...LOL! Son just shakes his head... I giggle (can't help it!)

So as we're heading back from Mt. Pleasant to Gilmer, I ask him, do you want me to stop in at the bank and see what's going on... sure, might as well... grumble, grumble....

Wait... it gets even better....

So I go in....ripped the ever living snot out of the guy I'd talked to... he says, well, go in there then... I said, no, WE'RE going in there...so we go in there... 3 minutes later, fine, we got the tractor... I go outside, tell hubby to come here (because he wouldn't go in the bank because he's so mad), and he says WHAT? I said, I gotta ask you something...WHAT? I said, how much do you love me. He said, BABE, WHAT DO YOU WANT? I said, how bad do you want that tractor? WHY, he screams? I said, because I need a kiss before I sign the papers....He says, uh, uh, uh, you mean I got it? I said, yeah, I told you we would....WELL, WHY THE HECK DID IT TAKE SO LONG (hubby's on vacation, he's driving us both ####)... Well, he says, DO I GET THE BUSH HOG TOO? Well, DUH! Oh, by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I go back in the bank, sign everything - just so happened the tractor guy was actually there...and as soon as we got back in the truck, I said, Now, as soon as we get back home, I better see you jumping out of the dad-blasted truck doing a jig...he says, I will, just as soon as I can calm down....son about falls out in the backseat with all this mumbling...

As soon as we get home, he starts screaming at young'un to come help him put the trailer on, so he can run to Henderson to get the bush hog... THANK GOODNESS! Son comes back in and says, "Mom, Dad is insane!" Ya think?

But wait.....it gets better.

About that time, oldest calls from work.... MOM, WHERE HAVE Y'ALL BEEN ALL DAY? I said, well, it's like this... blah, blah, blah, and then we stopped by the bank, and guess what, son.... DID DAD GET HIS TRACTOR? I said, yep...oldest says, Oh, jeesh, Mom, he's never going to get off that tractor... we both giggle...

But wait... it gets even better.

Hubby left with the truck and trailer to get the bush hog in Henderson... I finally get in here, settled, and I get a phone call from him.... he says, and I quote:

Babe, so does this mean I get the pistol too for my birthday?

Silence.

Babe, are you there?

Silence.

But, Babe, since I'm going to be back in the back pastures, don't you think I still need that pistol?

I said, ya know, as big as that blasted tractor is, you can run over 'em!

He giggles... and then says, Well, at least now you know what I want for Christmas....

:banghead: :banghead:

I'm fixing to write myself a note that will sit right here on top of my desk.... NEVER, EVER TELL HUBBY ABOUT BUYING ANYTHING UNTIL IT IS DELIVERED TO THE HOUSE!

I'll bet you anything tomorrow after that tractor is delivered... I'm going to get this....Babe, we need larger gates... uh-huh, told ya... you should've thought about that before you bought an 8' bush hog!

A tractor is an important thing in a mans life. It goes back to the Garden of Eden. Adams first job was to dress and keep the garden. That thing could have been many acres, who knows?....A tractor is a tool to aid in keeping the "place" up......so its a spiritual thing. The pistol is to protect the farm from harm. It's a calling he is answering to that is much higher than himself.......

Red, you have me laughing! I needed that, thanks!!! :rofl: :rofl:

A tractor is an important thing in a mans life. It goes back to the Garden of Eden. Adams first job was to dress and keep the garden. That thing could have been many acres, who knows?....A tractor is a tool to aid in keeping the "place" up......so its a spiritual thing. The pistol is to protect the farm from harm. It's a calling he is answering to that is much higher than himself.......

Now, THAT is an interesting way to put it underdogg!!!!! :thumbsup:

I was just looking at Underdogg's response...I swear to you, had he said something like that, I probably would've been on the floor laughing!

Course, I sure hope Underdogg understands, had a uh, "normal" woman received a response like that, the next thing out of her mouth would've been.... oh, I see, so the next time that I need to spend $500 on make-up, not to mention that bracelet I've got my eye on at the jewelry store, not to mention those new sheets and pillowcases I'd like to buy at Dillard's... it's just being who I am... my nature... right?

LOL!

P.S.: I will say this... I have the prettiest garden, and the prettiest yard around... I'm assuming, I will also have the prettiest pastures around...just like my granddad, I swear...would even get the shovel, push the wheelbarrow around and get the weeds...

I think hubby's last life, he must have been a farmer... I swear! LOL! I swear I've never seen a man so consummed with "his corn"....

He brought his new heavy duty 8' bush hog home today....I know everything there is to know about a bush hog now...

(Don't tell 'em, just because I'm getting a big kick out of it... but he sure is a happy camper - I'm glad I decided tractor over pistol!)

That's not acceptable :sorcerer: anymore. I think all of us have been where you and your husband were, and why we worship our wives.

Oh, hush, Dave... I meant, a severe lip-lock french thingy....a peck doesn't count! LOL

Now read the story agian with this song playing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2KmzFABujM :whome:

It'll be sexy once it's paid off! LOL!

My daddy's tractor was the victim of a barn fire a few years back. He moped around for a year! The saddest thing I ever saw. He would tell mom: "Honey, a man NEEDS a tractor" It took him a year to find the one he wanted and save enough to pay cash for it! We are all glad to have our daddy back!!! He said he does his best thinking on his tractor!!!!!......and in his boat!!!

Edit/ BTW my favorite tractor song:

I had to go jump through hoops for my tractor. My wife thought I ought to mow it all with a push mower!! She cussed the hay prices and cubes I bought , but was there with her hand out when I got back from the sale barn!! Now go figure--- she wants to go back and leave town. I aint goin, unless I have a tractor first. And rule one about tractors is to buy more HP than you think you need, cause there will always be that time you need it.

My daddy's tractor was the victim of a barn fire a few years back. He moped around for a year! The saddest thing I ever saw. He would tell mom: "Honey, a man NEEDS a tractor" It took him a year to find the one he wanted and save enough to pay cash for it! We are all glad to have our daddy back!!! He said he does his best thinking on his tractor!!!!!......and in his boat!!!

Edit/ BTW my favorite tractor song:

Sorry to hear about his previous tractor.

And I can certainly agree with that statement; some of my best thinking has been on the tractor or out on the lake!!! ;)

Red or green.................................

All green...including the loader...got a brand new heavy duty 8' Kodiak bush hog...

Funny that you would mention get more HP than you need....I rest my case! LOL!

Course, about two months ago, I went and got him a high end slumdinger of a chainsaw... green, of course, I kept telling him he needed something bigger... Well, BABE, it's 4 inches more on the bar... yeah, but I think you need 6... LOL!

He got the 4... I will say, though, that thing will cut like a scalded dog!!!!! And thus, a new green chainsaw with a green tractor ....I'm fixing to have a lot of firewood!

While youngest and I were at the college... again...this morning, I get a call...

BABE, when's the tractor guy bringing the tractor... he said this afternoon.

Well, he hasn't called...well, he'll have to if he's going to deliver it, to know where to bring it.

When did he say he was bringing it? TODAY!

Course, you know what's coming next, don't you? Unbeknownst to him, though, I've got my eye out for one, but I AIN'T TELLING HIM! LOL!

I'm just really glad we could get this for him... I've been saving and working my patooty off for this thing...when it gets here, I'm going to have to take some pics! LOL!

I never have liked that song!!!

What reason is that???

1) Def Leppard being led down the wrong path with Taylor Swift.

2) Brad Paisley being friends with the Jonas Brothers : http://www.theboot.com/2009/08/17/brad-pai...y-music-haters/

Owning this kind of horse is nice, and it's better than any tractor : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j93MTURLI0 .