Assault rifles, etc. at Obama rallies

parentofredheads

Watch the video. When you've got some on the left and some on the right who are carrying weapons at a demonstration, legally or not, whether Obama is there or not, is not smart. Whether it's a right or not, tempers flare, we're dealing with human beings who are passionate about what they believe in, otherwise they wouldn't be at these rallies.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/17/oba...tml#cnnSTCVideo

I hope nothing happens, but that's just asking for something to happen...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having an abortion isn't a right. Keeping and bearing arms is. That's what I "say now".

Are you a conservative?

In some states abortion is a right. Are you a conservative? Don't you believe in "rights"?

This isn't about agreeing or disagreeing whether something is a right. It's about "where" such rights are being done.

Point is, if someone you knew was standing at a tea party in Arizona, where someone on the other side had a gun, and that same person got irked at the tea party side and opened fire...

Tell me... at the funeral, would you just say... he had his right to be there with a gun?

In some states abortion is a right. Are you a conservative? Don't you believe in "rights"?

This isn't about agreeing or disagreeing whether something is a right. It's about "where" such rights are being done.

Point is, if someone you knew was standing at a tea party in Arizona, where someone on the other side had a gun, and that same person got irked at the tea party side and opened fire...

Tell me... at the funeral, would you just say... he had his right to be there with a gun?

Gun owners exercising their right to keep and bear arms are not murders; women that elect to have their unborn heinously butchered are.

Again, nowhere in America is abortion a right.

BTW... yes, I'm very conservative. You aren't.

Gun owners exercising their right to keep and bear arms are not murders; women that elect to have their unborn heinously butchered are.

Again, nowhere in America is abortion a right.

BTW... yes, I'm very conservative. You aren't.

Never said that - you have...but I'm getting there.

Try to focus now....it's the place "where" they have them at, not whether they have the right.

Focusing now... stay with me...

Scenario: You're attending a Tea Party with friends and family in Arizona protesting the healthcare bill. On one side of the street are conservatives, the other side of the street, liberals. Still with me? Things get super heated.

A liberal comes to the middle of the street, takes out his gun, and starts shooting.

Now, after 30 plus people are murdered, do you believe it is still his right to bear arms AT A PROTEST?

If I need to break that down more for you, make it simpler, I'd be happy to do so or if you need more scenarios.

Try to focus now....it's the place "where" they have them at, not whether they have the right.

Scenario: You're attending a Tea Party with friends and family in Arizona protesting the healthcare bill. On one side of the street are conservatives, the other side of the street, liberals. Still with me? Things get super heated.

A liberal comes to the middle of the street, takes out his gun, and starts shooting.

Now, after 30 plus people are murdered, do you believe it is still his right to bear arms AT A PROTEST?

If I need to break that down more for you, make it simpler, I'd be happy to do so or if you need more scenarios.

Yes he has the right to bear those arms. What he doesn't have the right to do is open fire! Those are 2 completely separate issues!

Yes he has the right to bear those arms. What he doesn't have the right to do is open fire! Those are 2 completely separate issues!

I totally agree with you. However, we're talking about "where" the right is exercised, not the right itself.

In essence, there's a time and a place for everything; guns don't kill people, people kill people; however, people who kill with guns, have to have a gun in their hand.

In the scenario, had "whoever" not had a gun in his possession "at a protest", 30 plus people wouldn't have been murdered needlessly.

In essence, the scenario is a bunch of people at a protest bearing arms, and those people, all of them, are supposed to hope to goodness and trust that nobody goes off half-XXXXX when tempers flare, and starts firing...

Yes I do Red. Because I deserve the same right, so I may be able to protect myself or family at the same protest. Censoring the locations where a person has the right to bear arms is a very liberal philosophy.

Yes I do Red. Because I deserve the same right, so I may be able to protect myself or family at the same protest. Censoring the locations where a person has the right to bear arms is a very liberal philosophy.

You can't take a gun in a courthouse...that's not liberal.

I just see it as "something horrible happening"

After 30 plus people are murdered, no one cares about his/her political ideals - liberal or conservative - at the point, he/she is just a psyco. And by doing that, they were NOT excercising thier rights.

After 30 plus people are murdered, no one cares about his/her political ideals - liberal or conservative - at the point, he/she is just a psyco. And by doing that, they were NOT excercising thier rights.

The media won't think that way, though, Doc.

The rest of it, I totally agree.

However, what's next if it happens... you can bet the liberal side would be spouting GUN LAWS, GUN LAWS, GUN LAWS...

You can't carry guns on school property or around courthouses... why? Because of the safety of those there. Shouldn't protesters also have that same protection from psychos?

The ban against carrying them in the other areas should be removed as well, in my opinion.....those places where guns are banned become target areas for criminals.......How many school/courthouse shootings have been prevented because of the ban? Not a single one...if a criminal is going to commit his/her shooting, laws won't stop them...however the bans in those areas DO curtail the law abiding citizens who COULD stop the criminal from having the power to do so....ANY limit on the Second Amendment is a travesty and goes against the intent of our founding fathers.......

The Constitution tells me I have the right to keep and bear arms. Your post tells me you're being quite smug.

Again you show a desire to trample the rights of others when it suits you.

Conservatives base their debate on facts while liberals try to debate on how they feel about something. You are doing the latter.

Answer this... How many liberals do you know that own guns?

I believe in gun rights, but there are certain places that they shouldn't be at. They don't need to be anywhere that alcohol is sold, schools, government buildings, or protests. I think we should take an Old West mentality, and leave the guns at the door. Anytime you have hotheads with guns, it usually doesn't end up peacefully.

I believe in gun rights, but there are certain places that they shouldn't be at. They don't need to be anywhere that alcohol is sold, schools, government buildings, or protests. I think we should take an Old West mentality, and leave the guns at the door. Anytime you have hotheads with guns, it usually doesn't end up peacefully.

So you dont want to take away freedoms just limit where they can practice them?

So you dont want to take away freedoms just limit where they can practice them?

Which is the same thing as giving the freedom up.....the reason we are in the situation we are in right now is because people were willing to compromise on things of this nature.....you give a dane gold, he comes back for more.......

Which is the same thing as giving the freedom up.....the reason we are in the situation we are in right now is because people were willing to compromise on things of this nature.....you give a dane gold, he comes back for more.......

Agreed!