Hallsville @ Tatum

Eagleborn

As your Eagle Radio play by play guy, I took it upon myself to talk to the head of maintenence at Tatum, Richard Redmond, about the parking situation. With the construction going on behind Eagle Stadium for the Eagles new 70 yard indoor practice facility (I know, my taxes went up, too), the parking back there will only be about 150 cars. If it rains today, the mud may make it to where noone can park back there. Your best bet, Eagles and Bobcats, is to park near the old baseball field or at the Elementary/Junior High parking lot which is only a five minute walk to the stadium from on school grounds. Sorry Bobcats about the parking problem, but trust me, the stadium is worth the walk, plus you get to watch your replays on the jumbo tron!

Everyone have a safe trip to and from the game and I'll see you there!

Brady "Bluetooth" Brown

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate the parking updates. If it rained there anything like it did here Thursday afternoon then parking will be muddy anywhere but on pavement. If someone could give us an update on the visitor parking situation later today it sure would be appreciated.

Appreciate the parking updates. If it rained there anything like it did here Thursday afternoon then parking will be muddy anywhere but on pavement. If someone could give us an update on the visitor parking situation later today it sure would be appreciated.

Im pretty sure one of us can handle that... Best bet is like bluetooth said, Elementary/Junior High parking lot OR Elementary playground..

I have heard alot about this new bigger and stronger line we now have.. But question is how good are they and can they be consistent? I remember when Hodge was a sophmore we had an amazing line of warf, Drake, Rodriguez, Courtney and Coleman. They were not neccessarily big but they were consistent and very quick of the ball and aggressive as they come.. Hope we see some of those qualities in our guys!! Get Em Boys!

ok so the games over and the what if scenarios are all over, congrats to the cats on the rest of the season. tatum keep your heads up! alot of work will need to be done on this team if they wanna compete. there were many times where we had the qb or rb wrapped up in the backfield and then let go for 8 or 10 yard run. i think they need more intensity on defense and less standing around.. many times the safety and lbs were watching more than playing. maybe they are young and a little green ?? hopefully coach evans gets these guys in tune for a winning season..all the talent is there, but a little heart and leadership is needed...good game kevin & devin, it takes alot to do what you guys did tonight!3

Wow is about all I can say.. You could def tell it was first game of the year.. Mental mistakes hurt the Eagles.. Hallsville played decent, good enough to win, BUT could of won by more..... Alot more if QB would of hit the deep ball... Like the dude in the post above this said Tatum needed to wrap up better.. Both teams had their moments running the ball... Tatums online looked strong... Allen had over 100 yards rushing.. Dont know the exact number off the top of my dome and Im to lazy to get up.. Taylor had a good game for Hallsville...He also had over 100 yards rushing... One thing that helped Hallsville was field position.. Tatums Dline is small, held their own.... On the flip side Hallsville Oline did a good job... Most success came when they pulled lineman.. Overall it was a good game to watch.. Nice to meet you TatumFANatic..

Hallsville played like Hallsville on a wet field..... I posted more in another T-H thread, but it was definately a first game.

Hallsville should have scored 4-5 time more being in Tatums 30 yard line... Just couldnt do it. Tatum D looked great... and then terrible. There seemed to always be one or two watching as if he wasnt sure he was on the field until the play got close.

Yall have tons of speed and if can improve the pass, the run will open up and yall will put up some points. Both qbs struggled greatly, Tatum throwing 2 Ints. Hallsville QB can be great with a little less excitement. He had some pretty deep #### just barely off the receivers hands. Tatum needs to play man to man a little more man to man and tackle a little better

Both teams seemed to swarm to the ball and played great running to the sides. Hallsville needs a new playbook on O. Other than that it was a first game and both teams had high and low points. I hope our starting RB will be in next week against Kilgore ( that would be some pretty good depth) to pound it out.

Thanks for the great visit, it was a little crowded and muddy on the visitors side... but managable. Good scoreboard and sound. Hope yall the best for the rest of the season! We will both be pretty decent teams with some more experience.