17-3A matchups

Eagleborn

Who do you pick??

Hallsville @ Tatum- I got Tatum over Hallsville.. Dont really know why, guess its just a "homer" pick.. Last year was ALL Hallsville. This year will be different(fingers crossed).

Chapel Hill @ Palestine Westwood- CH lost alot from last years team. New system. Ill take PH in this one.

Gilmer @ Jasper (SFA)- Jasper will play hard but University Of Gilmer wins this one with ease.

Center @ Gladewater- Gladewater has the horses, so Ill go with them by a few TDs.

Spring Hill vs. Lindale- Another 3A vs 4A matchup. SH has experience back from last years team but Lindale is my pick for this matchup.

Bullard- Idle- No way the Panthers lose this week... LOL

Hallsville @ Tatum - Gotta go with Hallsville in this one. Maybe it'll be somewhat closer this year.

Chapel Hill @ Palestine Westwood - This is a toss-up in my opinion, but I'll go with Westwood with the game being in Palestine.

Gilmer @ Jasper (SFA) - Gilmer will win this one.

Center @ Gladewater - I'll go with Gladewater in this one. Center will give them a good game, though.

Spring Hill vs. Lindale - The Eagles will win this one, probably pretty easily.

Bullard- Idle- The Panthers won't lose this week...... :icon_neutral: This could be a long season for them.

Hallsville @ Tatum- I got Tatum over Hallsville as well. No, it is not bias. If you saw the Tatum line last Thursday, you would know why I pick Tatum. We have some big boys on that line who are stronger and faster than I've seen from a Tatum line in two years.

Chapel Hill @ Palestine Westwood- I'm not so sure CH lost all that much from last year. They still have their RB, and a decent line. We'll see how it goes, but it should be close.

Gilmer @ Jasper (SFA)- The buckeye machine will roll over Jasper... I think this could be their year depending on how Tatum shapes up.

Center @ Gladewater- Not sure on this one. It will be within a touchdown if not a field goal, in my opinion. I simply picked Gw because my boy from Tatum did. hehe

Spring Hill vs. Lindale- I have SH on this one. Here is why. I've heard a lot of talk about SH from parents and fans. Like Tatum, they have a good deal of young guys from last year coming back. I could be biased because I worked in SH for so long, but I think they can pull it off this year. I'm sensing a dark horse contender out of SH this year.

As for Bullard, I'm looking forward to that rematch when we get to them later in the season. There are some scores to settle, because Tatum should have beaten them last year.

On a side note, Tatum's TE's Kevin and Devin McIlwain lost their father in a fatal crash on Saturday. Their mother is still in ICU and just had more surgery this morning. She is going to recover. Keep them and their mother Karen who is also the Tatum Athletic Boster Club president in your prayers.

I don't know if the boys will be playing in Friday's game or not. According to the couple of coaches I have talked to, the boys are expected to be in school on Thursday and will most likely be playing in the game. I hope we have a moment of silence to honor their father, Bill at the game. Tatum lost one of their best when we lost him. Again, please keep them in your prayers.

Chapel Hill @ Palestine Westwood- I'm not so sure CH lost all that much from last year. They still have their RB, and a decent line. We'll see how it goes, but it should be close.

They dont still have their runningback? Matthew Tucker is at TCU. The line has no returning starters either. The only returning lineman starter is injured.

They dont still have their runningback? Matthew Tucker is at TCU. The line has no returning starters either. The only returning lineman starter is injured.

My mistake. I was thinking he was a junior last year and saw a Tucker on the lineup as RB. Is that his younger brother, maybe?

Hallsville @ Tatum- I got Tatum over Hallsville by 2 touchdowns or more. the Eagles will roll

Chapel Hill @ Palestine Westwood- CH lost alot from last years team. New system. Ill take PH in this one.

Gilmer @ Jasper (SFA)- Gilmer breaks 50 on this one. Hope Gilmer third team gets some playing time.

Center @ Gladewater- Gladewater will use home field, and talent to rack up a few tds

Spring Hill vs. Lindale- Another 3A vs 4A matchup. SH has experience back from last years team but Lindale is my pick for this matchup.

Bullard- is Open and I do mean wide open. maybe they have started practice now. AD couldn't even give a list of players first of this week.