Favorite golf courses?

trapemallnite

Crown Colony in Lufkin; Havent played it in years, but it was immaculate.

Cypress Bend - Many, La. - Challenging and quiet and always in good shape.

Troon North - Pinnacle and Monument courses and Greyhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, AZ. Desert golf is a different game and I actually played well 2 out of the 3 days, so they top my list. The courses were in incredible shape, free yardage books, and range b.alls all day long. (however, don't look for b.alls you hit out of play)

• 2 weeks later...
Texarkana Golf Ranch for the challenge

Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail in 'Bama - all of them

Cowboys "king for a day" experience in Grapevine

Glenwood CC when the greens are right.

What is this Cowboys "king for a day" experience? Sounds interesting. My sister-in-law and I are always looking for new places to take our husbands to play golf. Where could I get more info?

that golf course at lake fork is one of my favorites to play at. so is pinecrest and oak forest

The Links at Lands End...

All Oak Forest did was move some tee boxes around - changed a par 3 to a short par 4 (#11) and changed a par 5 to a par 4 (#16 i think).....

LV, I've played the cowboys club in Grapevine, it's nice. I don't know what the "king for a day" is though.

We stayed at the Gaylord and my wife got to hit the Grapevine mall. The whole thing was a little pricey for a weekend stay though.

My favorite course is La Cantera in San Antonio.

Local courses I like are Twin Lakes, Pine Dunes, Eagles Bluff and Garden Valley.

My wife and I met some of our good friends from Pearland in San Antone for a weekend on the Riverwalk this past weekend and went to Olympia Hills in Universal City and played. Outstanding course! Narrow fairways and some great elevation changes, especially on the front nine. Don't know about the cost, since we won the round in a benefit auction. Great place to play, though, and any excuse to go to San Antone is worth it!

Pine Dunes south of Frankston is nice!!

Also not a bad course is Mt. Pleasant CC, LOTS of water and challenging shots. Every team I took there hated it cause it was so hard, but I liked it.

Raven's Nest in Huntsville.....good price and nice golf holes. Their PGM program for SHSU keeps it up and looking good.

• 2 weeks later...

Houston golf is hard to beat! Augusta Pines, Woodlands Resort, Tour 18, Westfork in Conroe, etc. The prices are very competitive and the courses are almost always in great shape!

Ditto on Cypress Bend and Pine Dunes. Actually the Longview area is pretty sad for quality courses if you consider all the amenities, complete cart paths, eye appeal, etc..............public courses that is.

• 2 weeks later...
Crown Colony in Lufkin; Havent played it in years, but it was immaculate.

Cypress Bend - Many, La. - Challenging and quiet and always in good shape.

Troon North - Pinnacle and Monument courses and Greyhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, AZ. Desert golf is a different game and I actually played well 2 out of the 3 days, so they top my list. The courses were in incredible shape, free yardage books, and range b.alls all day long. (however, don't look for b.alls you hit out of play)

I totally agree. When I live in Phoenix, my favorite course was one in Paradise Valley. Can't remember the name, but I have always loved the desert courses. Also loved TPC in Scottsdale.

Grew up playing Longview Country Club, and Gladewater Country Club, but my favorite in East Texas is Shallow Creek.

Some of the best golf instructors live here in East Texas. My first teachers many,many years ago were Buster Cupid, Rick Maxey. If you have young kids I would check into Mike Williams at Alpine, or Gloria Stafford. Great golfers and teachers.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some nice, well-kept and affordable courses for the average golfer in the DFW area. Four that I enjoy are Mansfield National, Tangleridge in South Grand Prairie, and Canyon West in Weatherford. For a nice change of pace, Coyote Ridge on Hebron Pkwy is a fun course with several challenging holes.

There are some nice, well-kept and affordable courses for the average golfer in the DFW area. Four that I enjoy are Mansfield National, Tangleridge in South Grand Prairie, and Canyon West in Weatherford. For a nice change of pace, Coyote Ridge on Hebron Pkwy is a fun course with several challenging holes.

Chickasaw (sp?) Point in Kingston OK is one of my favorite places to play.

Texarkana Golf Ranch for the challenge

Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail in 'Bama - all of them

Cowboys "king for a day" experience in Grapevine

Glenwood CC when the greens are right.

A big second to Glenwood Country Club if it is the one in Glenwood Arkansas. The winter time into early spring is a great time. When hunting season starts you sometimes have the course to yourself.

texarkana country club, has challenges similar to augusta. In fact back in the day players from all over used to travel there to play that course weeks before the masters..

And some of the real gamblers from the old days would venture on up to Nashville Arkansas and get it on.