18-2a Basketball

bballmaster

I think it will be a bit closer race this year. as a card fan i think that Sabine is the favorite but other teams are catching up.

1-Sabine

2-White Oak

3-Winona

4-Harmony

5-New Diana

6-EF

7-Union Grove

8-Harleton

Let me here some noise on these predictions

I think it will be a bit closer race this year. as a card fan i think that Sabine is the favorite but other teams are catching up.

1-Sabine

2-White Oak

3-Winona

4-Harmony

5-New Diana

6-EF

7-Union Grove

8-Harleton

Let me here some noise on these predictions

Winona will win a few, but i dont think they will be that good. Sabine and White Oak will be in good shape as long as football season does not get someone hurt!

Sabine

WO

Harmony

ND

Winona

UG

Harleton

Sabine will be very good and WO will be no push over. Harmony will also be very good this year as they have some kids that didn't play last year that are playing now and will help out greatly. Those three should be much better than everyone else.

Sabine could very well start the season ranked number 1 or 2 in the state, and deservedly so after last season and the summer schedule they had.

White Oak will be the runner up in the district, with either New Diana or Harmony third. Winona is my dark-horse.

i heard last night at the Harleton football game that New Diana got that good point guard from Avinger. I can't remember his name but I saw him play last year and he will help them. That may change my prediction.

Sabine

WO

ND

Harmony

Winona

EF

UG

Harleton

Sabine looks to me to be as strong or stronger right now than the closing of last yr. Its really going to depend if we can start the season healthy. Don't be surprised to see a no 1 or 2 state ranking from the get go. They have a rare opportunity this year, hope they can do what there capable of. :notworthy:

1-Sabine

2-White Oak

3-New Diana

4-Harmony

5-Winona

6-EF

7-Harleton

8-Union Grov

I think your right about doing something special this year. We are going to have a chance to make Austin if all the peices of the puzzle fall right.

This was the longest running topic on smoaky last year. I know its very early but I know ther are some true basketball fans out there let me hear you.

I guess this will be my last attempt to intice those basketball junkies to respond. I think that our district could be one of the best in the region. I keep hearing different stories on how many games some of the teams in our district played this summer. My position has changed on the prediction though. Diana played us close this summer a couple of times and that kid from avinger will help them. I also herd that winona got a move in that has some size, i think the starting running back on the football team. Our summer league coach thinks Diana is much better than last year so they get the nod over winona.

SABINE

White Oak

Diana

Winona

Harmony

EF

Union Grove

Harleton

Thats more like it now we are going. What do you mean recrutied, did the district approve him yet. I herd that he moved there. I do know that he played with them this summer but that does not mean anything. I herd the big kid from winona was from big sandy and there winonas head coach addopted him. that sounds like recruting. And as for first wo lost several key players and we have all ours back. I herd harmony had some new kids out did they play this summer if they did they did not seem to help much when I watched them this summer in the wo tournament

Thats more like it now we are going. What do you mean recrutied, did the district approve him yet. I herd that he moved there. I do know that he played with them this summer but that does not mean anything. I herd the big kid from winona was from big sandy and there winonas head coach addopted him. that sounds like recruting. And as for first wo lost several key players and we have all ours back. I herd harmony had some new kids out did they play this summer if they did they did not seem to help much when I watched them this summer in the wo tournament

Oh you mean the WO tournament when harmony had 5 or 6 guys and half the team was freshman? haha ya that won't be Harmony's varsity this year bud. Harmony's varsity will be much improved from last year.

Sabine could very well start the season ranked number 1 or 2 in the state, and deservedly so after last season and the summer schedule they had.

White Oak will be the runner up in the district, with either New Diana or Harmony third. Winona is my dark-horse.

How should Sabine do in the Hardin Jefferson tourney?

That tourney is always loaded. Sabine missed playing in the finals by a tip-in at the buzzer last year, if I'm not mistaken. They could take it this year. The team is focused and had a great summer. Won the Great American Shoot-out Tourney at Denton (beat a Houston based select team that knocked off last year's winner and 2A state champion Ponder in the finals.)

Yes you're right...Winona's head coach DID adopt him....over 2 years ago before he ever thought about coming to Winona. The kid's mother had passed away and he was going to be left homeless. The head coach adopted him and provided a HOME and a FAMILY for him. Some things are more important than athletics!!!

Yes you're right...Winona's head coach DID adopt him....over 2 years ago before he ever thought about coming to Winona. The kid's mother had passed away and he was going to be left homeless. The head coach adopted him and provided a HOME and a FAMILY for him. Some things are more important than athletics!!!

Wow that is awsome sound like the new coach has alot of class and sonuds like he will be a great role model for him. How good of a basketball player is he because I heard that he was a very good football player. Does anyone know if that kid from avinger was approved to play at diana.

I have no idea who will finish first or last, but I know that Harmony has the funniest coach. I would like to sit behind their bench and listen to Coach Vardeman EVERY night. It's better than anything on TV. It helps that he's a heck of a coach also.

1. Sabine

2. White Oak

3. Harmony

4. Winona

5. New Diana

6. Harleton

7. Elysian-Fields

8. Union Grove

UG last? come on guys... Cant the Lions get any props... They will have all there starters back, 3 SR's 2 2 Jr's. They competed very well last year in district, only getting upstaged horribly by WO and Sabine. You watch out UG will compete this year, Harmony is not as good as they claim, not according to what I saw in Summer Ball... New Diana will fall drastically down the list because they had only one scorer last year, and well He is Gone... Winona and EF? Ahead of UG? We will see.. I rank them as Follows, with the 3-5 spots very competive..

1. Sabine

2. White Oak

3. Union Grove

4. Harmony

5. New Diana

6. Winona

7. E.F.