Pleasant Grove New Field

futfan

SH and G'Waters stadiums both have the home side facing the west and both have problems with the sun...normally when this is done it's for a reason, but it's still hard on the eyes the first few home games...

I think we will be OK, because even though they are not quite as high as the ones in Atlanta's visitor side (East) there are Pines all along the west side of the stadium, and the natural bowl setting keeps the uppermost seats at ground level. The press box may have some, but the angled glass and some tint may help.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest I hear, is Monday the 21st is the Ceremony, and we'll play North Lamar on the 25th for Homecoming in the new facility.

Tried to go by and get a new pic of the visitor side, but they are working, (Labor Day!) and the area is restricted. Here's a couple of day shots, from the SE near the front of the school, and the NW corner looking South into the visitor seats.

Its nice to have a new field, congrats, but it seems a little small for Pleasant Grove. I always like the stands high up instead of long ways. Seems like the old one is bigger

Leon Blake was narrower and higher. I think there were 22 rows up there, very similar to Pirate Stadium. Here I think it's 16 on the sides, and about 14 in the middle.

The reasons are probably based in the cost of the project, with relation to the natural terrain. If you had seen the "bowl" before, you would be able to see how they used the land to support all of the seats, and did not have to build any support structures. I imagine that this enabled them to save money there, as well as be safer and easier to keep the area clean. I always hate to walk under and see all the trash that 'fell' through.

I've enjoyed watching games at Pitt, the upgrades in 2005, the turf are great. It'll be nice to have a new place, also. The players are anxious to get in it!

• 2 weeks later...

Still not ready, pouring concrete around the area.

Better daytime pics. RabFan, I think you'll like the view from the visitors side, (if you're not in the Skyboxes!) Visitor side looks like it holds at least 800 comfortably, and some nice handicap area up top.

Hope the Rabbits don't pull a NY Giants on us!

Hawk_StadiumfromVisitors.jpg

VisitorsSideSeats.jpg

Hope its ready by soccer season :rolleyes:

:bangin:

You can see the black lines of the soccer pitch, it looks like there will be adequate room on the side for throw-ins, and the AR's won't have to be in the stands running the lines. :sorcerer:

Thank you for your civilized reply and I look forward to the picture even though I have orbited over it. :notworthy: :alien: :notworthy:

You can see from the picture, that PGISD has made sure that our visitors will be comfortable. It is MUCH better than our seating arangement at Leon Blake for comfort, spacing, and view.

By the way, what is your home stadium, and how is your visitor's side? Just wondering...

You can see from the picture, that PGISD has made sure that our visitors will be comfortable. It is MUCH better than our seating arangement at Leon Blake for comfort, spacing, and view.

By the way, what is your home stadium, and how is your visitor's side? Just wondering...

:whome:

sorry but where exactly is pleasent grove

talking about visitor section, henderson could use a little expansion in that area. always dread going there. the aisle to exit is wide enough for one person. parking is ok if you get there an hour before kickoff. 25% of our fans end up standing at henderson games.

last game the home side was half empty first half. game was close and i looked over the second half and the stands were filled. guess everyone called their relatives to hurry up and come watch as they might win.

congrats to pg. new stadium looks great. very nice setting. kinda like atlanta has. as i recall, atlanta has a nice setting. think i was at a game there first year they opened it. don't guess been back since.

I plead the 5th, but I assure you that our stadium will hold PG's home and visitor side plus some. The visitors side is as large as the home side. Anyway, what is wrong by playing in mud? Your last game could have been played at LB instead of NB. :notworthy: :alien: :notworthy:

I plead the 5th, but I assure you that our stadium will hold PG's home and visitor side plus some. The visitors side is as large as the home side. Anyway, what is wrong by playing in mud? Your last game could have been played at LB instead of NB. :notworthy: :alien: :notworthy:

Pleading the fifth is not answering because it may incriminate you. What are you holding back, and why. He just asked where you were from. If we knew, we might agree that your stadium rocks!

As for playing in the mud, nothing wrong with it. I was under the impression that they were not able to prepare it because of the weather. Besides, NB is really a nice surface. No complaints about field conditions affecting the outcome, or contributing to injuries.

Pleading the fifth is not answering because it may incriminate you. What are you holding back, and why. He just asked where you were from. If we knew, we might agree that your stadium rocks!

As for playing in the mud, nothing wrong with it. I was under the impression that they were not able to prepare it because of the weather. Besides, NB is really a nice surface. No complaints about field conditions affecting the outcome, or contributing to injuries.

Yes and no. I personally hate turf but understand why it was necessary to play in New Boston. It was very good of them to help us out. Turf is good to protect against muddy conditions and slow playing surfaces but it has caused more injuries percentage wise than than grass. Also, the surface did contribute to at lease one injury possibly two.

Yes and no. I personally hate turf but understand why it was necessary to play in New Boston. It was very good of them to help us out. Turf is good to protect against muddy conditions and slow playing surfaces but it has caused more injuries percentage wise than than grass. Also, the surface did contribute to at lease one injury possibly two.

I agree, Turf is more likely to cause injuriy, especially kinds not usually seen on grass/mud. I think, though, that if you tear up a field in a 'mudder', and play on it without getting it back in shape, you could end up with some turned ankles, to say the least.