OU Vs. BYU

BIGBLACK

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of those mid-major teams can play some football. I hope teams like BYU, Boise State, and Utah keep winning games against the biased powerhouse conferences. I have to hand it to BYU, they played a great game.

The mighty mighty have fallen. I just hopes this knocks OU out of the BSC contention. I'm tired of seeing them get thumped, much like Ohio State. Wow, The Ohio State really whipped up on Navy today 31-27.

First, credit goes to BYU for playing a very good game, they deserved to win the game, but the BYU game was one which I really thought that we would win, by at least 10+ points. Very disappointing, I really expected our O line to perform better than they did tonight. Of course, had OU opened the season against a cupcake like many other teams around the country, the O line would have had some opportunity to get their act together.

But our offense absolutely sucked tonight, we were our own worst enemies. Losing Sam didn't help... and BYU ain't too bad, either.

Hopefully, Sam will be able to come back and play by the Miami game.

We have a lot of questions to answer, and still two tough non-conference games yet to play prior to starting league play.

First, credit goes to BYU for playing a very good game, they deserved to win the game, but the BYU game was one which I really thought that we would win, by at least 10+ points. Very disappointing, I really expected our O line to perform better than they did tonight. Of course, had OU opened the season against a cupcake like many other teams around the country, the O line would have had some opportunity to get their act together.

But our offense absolutely sucked tonight, we were our own worst enemies. Losing Sam didn't help... and BYU ain't too bad, either.

Hopefully, Sam will be able to come back and play by the Miami game.

We have a lot of questions to answer, and still two tough non-conference games yet to play prior to starting league play.

On the plus side OU's kickoff coverage looks better than last year....

I am going on record here so all Sooner Fans INCLUDING OBTS...read carefully...I hated that OU lost today. It was not only bad for Texas that this happened, but it was bad for the Big XII Conf. I also hope that Bradford gets back into action soon. The Red River Showdown will not have the luster that everyone predicted due to this loss today at the hands of BYU.

I will be pulling for the Sooners to get it together and put up a strong showing leading up to Texas - OU Weekend.

OU didnt look good at either the safety position ( over and over got a first down on one of them) and a QB with no experience and near same an offensive line... Well that doesnt help much either when your down your starting TE also. They will bounce back BUT OU should be praising that D-line for sure... BYU has a bad O-line yes.. but the Dline from OU pretty much killed the BYU running game and at times passing game. Tulsa-OU game will be a good one for sure

I am going on record here so all Sooner Fans INCLUDING OBTS...read carefully...I hated that OU lost today. It was not only bad for Texas that this happened, but it was bad for the Big XII Conf. I also hope that Bradford gets back into action soon. The Red River Showdown will not have the luster that everyone predicted due to this loss today at the hands of BYU.

I will be pulling for the Sooners to get it together and put up a strong showing leading up to Texas - OU Weekend.

Good post, I strongly AGREE

You've got to feel for Bradford. He's got to be second guessing himself on coming back to play behind that poor OL.

Oh you bet I feel for ole Sam. Poor guy got all bummed up under Jerry Jones' bright lights. I feel for him all the way to the locker room----NOT! Great job BYU, you guys are always welcomed here in the great state of TEXAS!!

Some of those mid-major teams can play some football. I hope teams like BYU, Boise State, and Utah keep winning games against the biased powerhouse conferences. I have to hand it to BYU, they played a great game.

The mighty mighty have fallen. I just hopes this knocks OU out of the BSC contention. I'm tired of seeing them get thumped, much like Ohio State. Wow, The Ohio State really whipped up on Navy today 31-27.

This loss will not knock OU out of contention for the BCS, remember BYU was #20 after all, but one thing is for certain, OU MUST run the table from here on out this season, and I do not see this happening.....UT is the front runner in the Big XII, especially with Bradford out at OU for at least 4 weeks.....Okie State is definitely scary, I think they are my #2 in the Big XII.....Luckily for OU though, they will play Idaho St. next, then Tulsa, then a bye week, before they take on Miami......so, maybe Bradford will be back by then, otherwise OU will have a tough time....It is always tough for a team to have to use a Freshman for their game plan, especially with the lack of experience with Landry Jones and that miserable Offensive Line they have, lol. One thing for sure I want to see though this year is Bradford and Gresham back by the time the Red River Rivalry game occurs, this way when UT wins it won't be one of those "what if" games that everyone talks about for the rest of the year until the next time around!!!! On the same note though, I pray that Colt McCoy stays healthy.....As Lindy's Big XII preview states, "If Colt McCoy is lost to injury, the Longhorns' season will be lost." It is the same with the Sooners as you can see from last night......

The Red River Showdown will not have the luster that everyone predicted due to this loss today at the hands of BYU.

I disagree. The Sooners will run the table until their meeting with Texas on October 17. It's not like they lost to Toledo or Western Kentucky. BYU has a much-improved defense this year.

I disagree. The Sooners will run the table until their meeting with Texas on October 17. It's not like they lost to Toledo or Western Kentucky. BYU has a much-improved defense this year.

I agree with you but Im not sure how easy those wins will be!

They gotta learn to stop the pass.... Tulsa looked GREAT on offense this weekend i wouldnt look past them just yet. Not to mention if Bradford cant play against Miami... your looking good near a possible 1-3 or 2-2 start for OU come conference play... wont get you in title game or mean as much to Texas come gametime.

I must say that I am surprised at the overall civility and the lack of gloating over OU's and Sam's misfortune on this board, given the preponderance of Horn fans that inhabit these parts.

On the same note though, I pray that Colt McCoy stays healthy.....As Lindy's Big XII preview states, "If Colt McCoy is lost to injury, the Longhorns' season will be lost." It is the same with the Sooners as you can see from last night......

True, that. I hate it when injuries wreck a season. We all know that football is a rough sport, and injuries occur, but geez, OU seems to have been cursed even more this year than normal.

It is not a given that Bradford will be able to return this year. Rumors are circulating that a rotator cuff injury is a possibility...