How about 3-0 for Union Grove!

TheRedBaron

And that my friend is why you guys struggle year in and out. Pride from top to bottom is what it takes to become a strong program. It takes a community to care about the youth and mold those youngens year in and out. Man 2 distict games! Good! It's a start. You know what I am talking about. UG has been a throw away game for so many for so long it's crazy. Good for you if you guys can change things and I really hope you do. It is bother some to see teams ok with losing. And there was a time not to long ago that was you guys. It's one thing to get beat or have some down years but I don't ever recall you guys putting together a winning season. Has it happened? Sorry to slam you guys with what happened this summer it trully is wrong of me to even bring it up on this site. But it was so something that reminded me of how your school was when I was in high school. In the 4 times I played you guys I have more memories of crazy things than any other. Never seen any other program act in that way or play as dirty as your kids did then. Hopefully it is not the same but this summer didn't change my opinion in any way. Once again I appologise for the out burst. I was out of line. Have a nice day!

Just to clear things up, right before we had these new disrticts 2 years ago, UG was only one game from making playoffs, If we would have beaten Jefferson, who only won by a TD, it would have been playoffs for Grove.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed

Your question about UG having any winning seasons. I did your research again and yes 1996 5-5 1998 8-2. Would have made the playoffs in 1998 but UG's luck was a 4 way tie for first and they lucked out on the point system. not sure about 1999 to present.

Oh by the way talked to a friend of mine that played on the 1998 team. They beat your beloved Tigers at your own homecoming because of the attitude that eveyone had a bout UG at the time which was UG is a push over.

And your comment about UG ok with loseing is absurd. maybe before 1994 but 95 to the present there aint noone that hates to lose more than UG and their fans. sorry UG doesnt have the luxary of having talent and athletes year end and year out. UG has to win on pure sweat and tears and hard work without any mistakes.

Speed

Your question about UG having any winning seasons. I did your research again and yes 1996 5-5 1998 8-2. Would have made the playoffs in 1998 but UG's luck was a 4 way tie for first and they lucked out on the point system. not sure about 1999 to present.

Oh by the way talked to a friend of mine that played on the 1998 team. They beat your beloved Tigers at your own homecoming because of the attitude that eveyone had a bout UG at the time which was UG is a push over.

And your comment about UG ok with loseing is absurd. maybe before 1994 but 95 to the present there aint noone that hates to lose more than UG and their fans. sorry UG doesnt have the luxary of having talent and athletes year end and year out. UG has to win on pure sweat and tears and hard work without any mistakes.

Amen

Thats why in the simi-final, Dixie league Tourny, they worked it out with Gladewater so they a 1 loss team and Arp a 1 loss team didn't have to face off before the championship game. Somehow they got a bye at the end forcing a no loss team to play Arp so they had a striaght road to playing Overton. They should have played Arp because Overton was a undefeated and UG and Arp were both standing with one loss and they decided to make Overton and Arp each play an extra game. Cheated my 7 year old out of a chance. We played Overton and got beat 4-0 they got hammered like 22-2. They knew Arp would roll past them and they know it. Just like that sorry ump behind the plate and they know what I am talking about even Gladewater officials were outraged over him. I say UG will show the true colors of who they are and get hammered by every 2A team they play. They always do.

--------------------

nope just set it up so that they got a free trip. We were only beat by one team and that was Overton and they UG got out of playing us when they should have. 32 team bracket that got jcaked up because 2 teams dropped out and they changed were they UG the host were in the bracket forcing Arp and Overton the 2 clear best on the tourny to have to play twice before the championship while a 1 loss team got a bye. Sounds like a great program to me. But that's alright we are all but 3 kids short of bringing back everyone. Enough said sorry to high jack UG won't win in district they never do. have a nice day.

Just to clear the air because I was part of the Hosting City League. Here is your "32 Team" Bracket which comes directly from the Dixie Youth Rule Book. Seeding for this bracket was drawn out of a hat by the District Director in front of all coaches whose teams would be participating. No foul play here, it was luck of the draw.

Union Grove has a good Little League program as does Gladewater. Just thought I would stand up for something I and many others were a part of this summer.

7-8%20YR%20OLD%20MACHINE%20PITCH%20TOURN

NOW... LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!!

My son plays for Union Grove, I actually got two, one on JV and one on Varisty. I am a homer, and I love my Lions, I usually try to stay realistic and hopeful. I am also a Roughneck Alum.. So I also have pride the bleeds through W.O. I love East Texas football... I will say this.. Sabine has a lot of school pride, they love thier Cardinals, and thier Basketball program ROCKS!! They Are better this year in football. But like the ESPN boys say.. COME ON MAN!! Give us a break. Union Grove came in to your homecoming last year and beat you 21-0. Sabine hasnt shown anything yet either. As a matter of fact they have a Loss and Union Grove doesnt. I am taking my Son's view of all this mess, and how UG gets no LOVE. He said and I quote, "Its ok Dad let them keep talking trash and keep under estamating us, we are coming to play and we are going to leave everything we got out there on the field! One team wins and one team looses, We got as good as a chance as most of any team in our district to make the playoffs.. Thats our goal and we will strap on the pads and go make it happen!" So with that said, LETS GET IT ON!

lol, noone from wo is hiding there face, if you wanna see us play come on out

im not talking down and its so annoying to ahve people use the schools size excuse

we played 3a teams for years and got 1-9, 2-8 records, we know how it is so...yeah

and UG will not make the playoffs and, who was that idiot talking about how UG is gonna be

doin good in basketball...get a grip.

My son plays for Union Grove, I actually got two, one on JV and one on Varisty. I am a homer, and I love my Lions, I usually try to stay realistic and hopeful. I am also a Roughneck Alum.. So I also have pride the bleeds through W.O. I love East Texas football... I will say this.. Sabine has a lot of school pride, they love thier Cardinals, and thier Basketball program ROCKS!! They Are better this year in football. But like the ESPN boys say.. COME ON MAN!! Give us a break. Union Grove came in to your homecoming last year and beat you 21-0. Sabine hasnt shown anything yet either. As a matter of fact they have a Loss and Union Grove doesnt. I am taking my Son's view of all this mess, and how UG gets no LOVE. He said and I quote, "Its ok Dad let them keep talking trash and keep under estamating us, we are coming to play and we are going to leave everything we got out there on the field! One team wins and one team looses, We got as good as a chance as most of any team in our district to make the playoffs.. Thats our goal and we will strap on the pads and go make it happen!" So with that said, LETS GET IT ON!

I dont think UG could beat Troup either.

I meant to congratulate my old home-town (more like a school district, but anyway...) on doing well so far this season. I didn't realize it would open up such a can of worms. Union Grove didn't just win last week. They trounced. It was a statement. They are here to play football this year. I hope they do well. I'd even love to see them win state, but there are some big games to play between here and the play-offs let alone all the way to the state level.

Good luck, Lions.

As for the U.G. band. They aren't just pretty good. They are one of the best.

Just to clear the air because I was part of the Hosting City League. Here is your "32 Team" Bracket which comes directly from the Dixie Youth Rule Book. Seeding for this bracket was drawn out of a hat by the District Director in front of all coaches whose teams would be participating. No foul play here, it was luck of the draw.

Union Grove has a good Little League program as does Gladewater. Just thought I would stand up for something I and many others were a part of this summer.

7-8%20YR%20OLD%20MACHINE%20PITCH%20TOURN

NOW... LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!!

HOLLA!!!! Thanks f/ the shout-out to Overton baseball. I was a coach on that team, along with Greenheadhunter and Ty Cobb. I know its football season and a football thread, but UG has a good program going on over there. Look forward to seeing them in the next all-star tourny.

Well I must reply to a few of things here. For that white oak fan who says Union Grove doesnt have what it takes. We will see you at Homecoming, and sense I am an Alum, I am coming to set on the Home Side in my UG Jersey rooting for the Grove!!! Nahh I wont take it that far, but It was a thought. We will come to play WO, dont take us for granted. As for the Basketball program, this is a Football thread, so I will limit my response. You guys pounded us, along with Sabine. But for the first time in many years, we got everyone BACK! And we r much better with many of our players going to some of the best camps in the Country! We Saw Harmony in our Summer league, they dont look gr8, I watched Sabine in thier summer league and they will win state! We will compete and we will be better, I cant wait! And for the Band in Union Grove -- I will close with a statement from the Overton Band director as he was getting his band prepared for thier Half-time show and Union Grove was begining thiers.. "Now when Union Grove gets on the field, I dont want to hear any of you open your mouths. Thats a Texas Sweepstakes Honor Band out there marching you need to watch them and learn!" LETS GO BAND!!!

Well I must reply to a few of things here. For that white oak fan who says Union Grove doesnt have what it takes. We will see you at Homecoming, and sense I am an Alum, I am coming to set on the Home Side in my UG Jersey rooting for the Grove!!! Nahh I wont take it that far, but It was a thought. We will come to play WO, dont take us for granted. As for the Basketball program, this is a Football thread, so I will limit my response. You guys pounded us, along with Sabine. But for the first time in many years, we got everyone BACK! And we r much better with many of our players going to some of the best camps in the Country! We Saw Harmony in our Summer league, they dont look gr8, I watched Sabine in thier summer league and they will win state! We will compete and we will be better, I cant wait! And for the Band in Union Grove -- I will close with a statement from the Overton Band director as he was getting his band prepared for thier Half-time show and Union Grove was begining thiers.. "Now when Union Grove gets on the field, I dont want to hear any of you open your mouths. Thats a Texas Sweepstakes Honor Band out there marching you need to watch them and learn!" LETS GO BAND!!!

lol, bring it on

Ok first off for all you Sabine and White Oak fans that keep dogging on Union Grove... No where in these post has anyone from UG said they was gonna make the playoffs and beat WO.

Second off where do you fellas get off makeing fun of another schools name and hide your little faces behind a name on smoaky.

Third just remember what goes around comes around. my buckeyes took it to the both of you so when you come on back up from little 2A your gonna get the dogg mess kicked out of you again and i promise we will kneel the ball on your 1 yard line so we wont run up the score.

So remember where you have been before doggin on a team that is 3-0 with some or no talent.

I find it funny that Sabine and White Oak fans can finally talk smack. Decades of being stepped on, picked back up and being stepped on again by Gladewater and Gilmer has given them the "Little Man Syndrome". So go ahead and speak your peace, because I still have the memories of personally running up the score on both of you.