Hallsville-Henderson

UncleSam

I've watched Hallsville play two games and am totally confused.I know they are young and in-experienced,and I expect them to be inconsistent.I was really impressed with not only with Jacksonville's players,especially their QB,but with their play calling.They had Hallsville's defense confused all game.What I can't understand is why Hallsville's offensive co-ordinator doesn't use some of the plays that other teams use aganst us so successfully.It also seems the other team knows the plays called by our OC more often than less.Hallsville has some good coaches but we're lagging behind somewhere.If this trend continues,it's going to be a long season.Don't know much about Henderson ,but apparently they have a pretty good QB and can put points on the board.Our defense is going to have to step up or we'll be1-3.

If the HHS team that showed up the past two weeks takes the field at Bobcat Stadium, the Lions will win. If the Lion team that showed up against Navasota shows up Friday, Hallsville will win.

Lion fans should be in for a real treat in watching the Hallsville punter, Collin Bradley. It is rare you see a high school kid with his skills at punter (averaged right at 48 yds. per kick in six punts vs.J'ville).

I will be pulling for Henderson only because I have a few friends there, but this will be an intresting game and a very hard one to call. both teams have played well at times this season, yet both have also played poorly at times. Hendersons QB does have a very good arm and throws an accurate ball when I saw the in the scrimmage vs Palestine thier recievers had problems catching to the football. if they can fix that they could win some games.

Im from Henderson and it all depends on the "D". If they play like they have been playing here lately

Henderson should, not will, but should win. We are playing in Hallsville so thats an advantage for them. If the D plays like they did against Carthage I dont think Hallsville will be able to run the ball. Henderson has had 4 ints the last 2 games and the offense has increased its points from 0 - 13 - 20 and this last game they had 2 touchdowns called back. They are getting better but the Henderson / Hallsville matchup is always a great game to watch because both teams play their hearts out. I do

pick Henderson in this one, but not by much.

Will the real Hallsville Bobcats please stand up? Hallsville really suprised me this past week. The effort just did not seem to be there. What with it being Senior Night and the first home game I figured that there would be some sort of intensity there. It was lacking. This Friday is Homecoming. Another night to get up for or another night with distractions? Hopefully the coaches will rally the troups. A positive however is our kicking game especially the punter. He can punt for height and distance. A good weapon to have. The place kicker can really get his foot into it as well.

If Hallsville defense rebounds I see a close game with Hallsville on top. Offense will have to run the ball and improve on the passing game.

So did Hallsville have this punter last year? The longview newspaper says he is Hallsvilles best player.

Yes, he punted last year as a soph. Made some level of "All State" teams. I believe that you are taking the LNJ comments out of context. This past Friday night his punting did stand out versus the play of the balance of the team. Is he good? Yes. Can his punting be the difference in a game? Yes. Will it? TBD.

If the HHS team that showed up the past two weeks takes the field at Bobcat Stadium, the Lions will win. If the Lion team that showed up against Navasota shows up Friday, Hallsville will win.

Lion fans should be in for a real treat in watching the Hallsville punter, Collin Bradley. It is rare you see a high school kid with his skills at punter (averaged right at 48 yds. per kick in six punts vs.J'ville).

If Hallsville finds more than the same 8-10 plays to run then they may have a chance... I have seen numerous times the coaches will call 2-5 pass plays in a row without a completion and it being no where near the end of game. However they sometimes run it on 3 and long? Defense will hold henderson to 20 or lower, but Jacksonville should have had many more points than they did with our terrible offense last Friday. He threw his first 3 picks last week although only one was a true int, the others being tipped passes( Hallsvilles 2 picks came the same way).

I like Hallsvilles chances if

1. The playcalling is picked with a little more thought.

2. Less turnovers.

3. We run the ball effectivly.

4. We dont overthrow 5/7 passes.

Defense

1. We force multiple turnovers (avg 2 INTs per game)(avg. 1 1/2 fumble per game)

2. Defense stops the big play (tatum and kilgore had 1 huge play of the game)

3. Our punting continues to be all state, (punt protection is amazing as are the kicks)

It should be a very good and low scoring game however i was very bored with the Hallsville Vs Jacksonville game. I feel like our away games have so much more "umph" in them.

Yes, he punted last year as a soph. Made some level of "All State" teams. I believe that you are taking the LNJ comments out of context. This past Friday night his punting did stand out versus the play of the balance of the team. Is he good? Yes. Can his punting be the difference in a game? Yes. Will it? TBD.

My fault, I went back and reread it. I just glanced over the artile the first time.

If Hallsville finds more than the same 8-10 plays to run then they may have a chance... I have seen numerous times the coaches will call 2-5 pass plays in a row without a completion and it being no where near the end of game. However they sometimes run it on 3 and long? Defense will hold henderson to 20 or lower, but Jacksonville should have had many more points than they did with our terrible offense last Friday. He threw his first 3 picks last week although only one was a true int, the others being tipped passes( Hallsvilles 2 picks came the same way).

I like Hallsvilles chances if

1. The playcalling is picked with a little more thought.

2. Less turnovers.

3. We run the ball effectivly.

4. We dont overthrow 5/7 passes.

Defense

1. We force multiple turnovers (avg 2 INTs per game)(avg. 1 1/2 fumble per game)

2. Defense stops the big play (tatum and kilgore had 1 huge play of the game)

3. Our punting continues to be all state, (punt protection is amazing as are the kicks)

It should be a very good and low scoring game however i was very bored with the Hallsville Vs Jacksonville game. I feel like our away games have so much more "umph" in them.

Have to wait and see, Henderson has played really good the last 2 weeks with everyone overlooking them. All I can say is Hallsville's QB might be in for a long night. He will have to put up with them Flecher twins.

http://hendersondailynews.com/articles/200.../monsports1.img

hallsvilles defense is what actually keep the game as close as it was against jacksonville. giving up 3 tds is not too bad considering they were on the field for over 80 plays. time after time the d would get a stop or force a turnover then have to go right back out after a 3 and out by the offense. the offense was pathetic friday night...if they could find any kind of a rhythm hallsville would be alright

HENDERSON WINS.

The kicking game is huge especially with both teams being pretty equal..The Lions did not have as much "passion" last week as the did against Carthage but enough to secure s win. The game could certainly go either way and the Lions will have to continue to "make their own breaks" if we win...The young sophomores are getting more comfortable with the speed of the game and must continue to improve and contribute.

The QB is making better decesions and must continue along with the young secondary.