Gilmer - Jasper

BuckeyeBacker79

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Buckeye's on stomping those Eagles and Good luck on the road to glory!

Stomping???? After them reaching the 60's and 70's on people all year....a 39-20 ball game is hardly a stomping. But yes...great win Buckeyes.....best of luck in the playoffs.

I don't know about you guys, but I woke up this morning and there's a certain energy in the air. The sun seems brighter, the grass seems greener, the birds seem to be singing a sweeter song. My grocery list has been replaced with a checklist for the game (yes, I know it's a week away): noisemakers,,,,, window paint,,,,, handwarmers, etc. Anyone else think Smoaky should add the countdown to the game on the home page?

IT'S PLAYOFF TIME!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Ok, I'm gonna start this early,,, and I "hope" it catches on,,, and I hope, we can get out of our comfort zones a little bit this year and show our kids how much the "army" is behind them. The last time I looked,,,if you're around an "army",,, it's a pretty noisey thing. I don't like it when our announcer has to "tell" everyone to stand up and cheer. It should be an automatic thing if you go to a game,,, to make some confounding noise. I don't want to beat this to death all week, but I think the Buckeye faithful are just too doggone comfortable sitting in the stands, and waiting on our boys to kick the other team into oblivion. Well folks,,, it's time we got a little more into the game. I watched Tatum last night, and "that" is the spirit, fans need to come to the game with. I mean, what's up with all the sitting on yer hands, waiting for the announcer to tell you when you should be raisin' cane. Are we too prim and proper to show self started emotions? I know the fans from Gilmer,,, and I don't know many arrogant people up here. But we've become "WAY" too comfortable sitting there "expecting" our kids to do it all themselves. I don't mean to be blasting our own fans,, but it's time someone sent a wakeup call to our "Army". The Tatum kids sent a wakeup call to our football team last night,, and it's time we realized that we have to do our part. I want some "rowdy" next week in Tyler.

To "The Loud Crowd",,,,,, wtg guys. I want to know something. What did ya'll make those big shakers out of? I want me one of those. I wish a whole slew of Gilmer fans would bring something to the game to make nosie with. Were the shakers made of the metal five gallon cans like floor wax comes in??? What did you put inside to make the noise.

I remember when we played Abiline Wylie a few years ago,,, and their whole fan base came to the game with milk jugs with rocks, or ball bearings, or pennies, or something in there,,, and I thought that was awesome. If we the fans think that a loud bunch of fans would not make our kids proud, and want to play harder,, then you are mistaken.

So,,,,,, c'mon,,, all the Gilmer Smoaky fans,,, please do your part to get more people involved, and excited about bringing something to make some noise with. Let's be a part of this,,, and not just spectators. This opportunity, (to follow a team like this) won't always be here for us. Let's make the most of it,,,, and have some emotion, and get drained a little during the game this next week. How bout it?????????? Are you Buckeye fans with me? or do you want to be the "silent majority". We ask the kids to leave it all out on the field,,, I think we should leave it all in the stands. How about you kids at school this week, cheerleaders, drill team, band,,, get everyone involved,,, let's make some noise. You kids do realize you may never have a chance to do something like this again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ever. Let's make it happen. I guarantee you I will bring something noisey,,,,, anybody with me??

So,,,,,, c'mon,,, all the Gilmer Smoaky fans,,, please do your part to get more people involved, and excited about bringing something to make some noise with. Let's be a part of this,,, and not just spectators. This opportunity, (to follow a team like this) won't always be here for us. Let's make the most of it,,,, and have some emotion, and get drained a little during the game this next week. How bout it?????????? Are you Buckeye fans with me? or do you want to be the "silent majority". We ask the kids to leave it all out on the field,,, I think we should leave it all in the stands. How about you kids at school this week, cheerleaders, drill team, band,,, get everyone involved,,, let's make some noise. You kids do realize you may never have a chance to do something like this again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ever. Let's make it happen. I guarantee you I will bring something noisey,,,,, anybody with me??

Already went and bought about twenty of the most obnoxious noisemakers I could find to give to friends! My daughter is a cheerleader and I will ask her to spread the word as well.

I agree 100% with all you said. You would think that as much as the talk of the playoffs dominates conversation at this point, there would be a little more enthusiasm shown at the games! :icon_neutral:

ok here is my plan, everyone go buy a keg of your favorite beer. Drink it up before the game on saturday. Then Put ball bearings, pennies, rocks, anything that makes noise...put it in your keg. I believe that would be pretty noisy!! i have a empty keg sitting in my shop, that is what im going to do!!

Ok, I'm gonna start this early,,, and I "hope" it catches on,,, and I hope, we can get out of our comfort zones a little bit this year and show our kids how much the "army" is behind them. The last time I looked,,,if you're around an "army",,, it's a pretty noisey thing. I don't like it when our announcer has to "tell" everyone to stand up and cheer. It should be an automatic thing if you go to a game,,, to make some confounding noise. I don't want to beat this to death all week, but I think the Buckeye faithful are just too doggone comfortable sitting in the stands, and waiting on our boys to kick the other team into oblivion. Well folks,,, it's time we got a little more into the game. I watched Tatum last night, and "that" is the spirit, fans need to come to the game with. I mean, what's up with all the sitting on yer hands, waiting for the announcer to tell you when you should be raisin' cane. Are we too prim and proper to show self started emotions? I know the fans from Gilmer,,, and I don't know many arrogant people up here. But we've become "WAY" too comfortable sitting there "expecting" our kids to do it all themselves. I don't mean to be blasting our own fans,, but it's time someone sent a wakeup call to our "Army". The Tatum kids sent a wakeup call to our football team last night,, and it's time we realized that we have to do our part. I want some "rowdy" next week in Tyler.

To "The Loud Crowd",,,,,, wtg guys. I want to know something. What did ya'll make those big shakers out of? I want me one of those. I wish a whole slew of Gilmer fans would bring something to the game to make nosie with. Were the shakers made of the metal five gallon cans like floor wax comes in??? What did you put inside to make the noise.

I remember when we played Abiline Wylie a few years ago,,, and their whole fan base came to the game with milk jugs with rocks, or ball bearings, or pennies, or something in there,,, and I thought that was awesome. If we the fans think that a loud bunch of fans would not make our kids proud, and want to play harder,, then you are mistaken.

You are absolutley right AOB. We as buckeye fans have become spoiled by the blowout wins. I know I have. As I was leaving it almost felt like we lost just because we let Tatum get a little glory. We need ro realize it won't be as easy the rest of the way and show our support for these kids. It's time the fans start doing their part again.