Center by 3 over Lorena

Daingerfield by 27 over Garrison

Arp by 21 over Jefferson

Aubrey by 10 over Paul Pewitt

Linden Kildare by 1 over West Rusk

Tenaha by 16 over Maud

Other noteworthy matchups:

Celina by 7 over Kennedale

Sealy by 7 over Cuero in a HUGE battle between 2 heavyweight, undefeated teams....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massey Ratings are a joke. He is professor of math Carson-Newman College in Jefferson City, Tennessee. He uses a math formula and compares scores of games with commen opponets. Teams matchup differently agianst the same teams.

Massey Ratings are a joke. He is professor of math Carson-Newman College in Jefferson City, Tennessee. He uses a math formula and compares scores of games with commen opponets. Teams matchup differently agianst the same teams.

From what I have seen, I would not call the ratings a joke. They have been dead on in our district (SS,LV,TH,M 4A) picks all season. Not only with the picks, but with the scores almost being a perfect match in some games and close in most all of them. I'm not saying I would lay down money on the picks, but they are pretty good picks. IMO

I would LOVE to see the Cuero/Sealy matchup!

Ed3, thanks, but it goes much bigger than that. He's national, and several people use his formula, including the BCS.

He may not be right all the time, but he's usually pretty close....

Colmesneilfan1, they have it:

Riesel by 22 over Colmesneil

I would LOVE to see the Cuero/Sealy matchup!

Ed3, thanks, but it goes much bigger than that. He's national, and several people use his formula, including the BCS.

He may not be right all the time, but he's usually pretty close....

Colmesneilfan1, they have it:

Riesel by 22 over Colmesneil

I guess but the bsc is screwed up. It just doesn't seem right to use a math formula. On Texas highschool football!

I guess but the bsc is screwed up. It just doesn't seem right to use a math formula. On Texas highschool football!

Lol, I agree with ya there, the BCS iS screwed up! Like I said, his pics are usually correct on who wins, not necessarily by the point spread. They've missed some pretty bad, and then others right on the money. Out of all the "pickers", he's been the most accurate. Look @ Dave Campbells....most of their state champion picks lost in the 1st round! Lol

Marshall by 7 over Corsicana

Longview by 13 over Waco Midway

Waxahachie by 10 over Texas High

Sulphur Springs by 1 over Waco University

Carthage by 9 over Mexia

Gilmer by 41 over Waco Lavega

liberty Eylau by 7 over Lucas loveJoy

Center by 3 over Lorena

Daingerfield by 27 over Garrison

Arp by 21 over Jefferson

Aubrey by 10 over Paul Pewitt

Linden Kildare by 1 over West Rusk

Tenaha by 16 over Maud

Other noteworthy matchups:

Celina by 7 over Kennedale

Sealy by 7 over Cuero in a HUGE battle between 2 heavyweight, undefeated teams....

Just curious, what was the Massey pick for the Jefferson White Oak game last week?? I just wondered if he got that one.

ok on the website that was given, 2a Bushland is ranked 15 spots higher than the defending, undefeated 3a state champion Carthage. Who is on a 19 game winning streak... tell me how that makes sense?

Lol, I know, right? Its all computer mumbo jumbo. I certainly don't take his overall rankings seriously. Everyone knows Bushland would'nt beat Carthage. At least I don't! Head to head matchup say Bushland would win by 4 pts, haha. It all goes off of Offense, defense and power. Take Gilmer, they are certainly the best in 3A, but they couldnt beat those 5A powers they are ranked ahead of.....

Lol, I agree with ya there, the BCS iS screwed up! Like I said, his pics are usually correct on who wins, not necessarily by the point spread. They've missed some pretty bad, and then others right on the money. Out of all the "pickers", he's been the most accurate. Look @ Dave Campbells....most of their state champion picks lost in the 1st round! Lol

They just picked teams that had the most money in their mags and football traditions. Their picks were picked out of a hat IMO