Denison vs. Marshall/Corsicana

BEAST21

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict that Marshall will dominate Corsicana and then turn around and put Denison away as well. I am from Sulphur Springs and keep up with a lot of high school football and I am completly unbiased on this, but I think Marshall has the team to win the DII bracket championship. They dominated a very good Sulphur Springs team and will probably end up playing Sulphur Springs again in the 4th round (if SS makes it there). The Marshall/Longview/Sulphur Springs/Texas High district is the toughest in the state in 4A and swept the first round, you had SS and LV in the championships last year with SS wining the DII bracket, and these teams are all good again this year. Marshall is just behind LV talent wise and has the athletic ability to put it on any team they face. If I was Denison, I would make sure you take care of business this week and then plan on having your hands full with Marshall!

Denison is outscoring their opponents so far this year by an average of 47-19. Marshall's average score is 40-21. This doesnt mean a hill of beans but I like numbers so thought I would share the info. I went to youtube to watch some of denison's highlights this year and to be honest i wasnt real impressed. I was more impressed by what I saw out of Corsicana's videos. Denison wasnt big as a team and wasnt overly fast either especially on defense. They have 1 RB #21 that is a big o boy but not real fast and another #25 that has decent speed/quickness but isnt real big. The QB #15 runs the offense well and has a good arm but isnt a real threat to beat you with his legs. Denison looks to be well coached and disciplined and can put up some points but I believe also can be scored on by either Marshall or Corsicana. It will be a good matchup whoever advances...hoping to have a YellowJacket/Maverick matchup at Cowboys Stadium next Saturday!!

Denison is outscoring their opponents so far this year by an average of 47-19. Marshall's average score is 40-21. This doesnt mean a hill of beans but I like numbers so thought I would share the info. I went to youtube to watch some of denison's highlights this year and to be honest i wasnt real impressed. I was more impressed by what I saw out of Corsicana's videos. Denison wasnt big as a team and wasnt overly fast either especially on defense. They have 1 RB #21 that is a big o boy but not real fast and another #25 that has decent speed/quickness but isnt real big. The QB #15 runs the offense well and has a good arm but isnt a real threat to beat you with his legs. Denison looks to be well coached and disciplined and can put up some points but I believe also can be scored on by either Marshall or Corsicana. It will be a good matchup whoever advances...hoping to have a YellowJacket/Maverick matchup at Cowboys Stadium next Saturday!!

May want to check in to Royse City it would be about halfway for all three teams and a lot cheaper then Jerry world.

100% agree. Corsicana looked as good as Denison in the youtube videos I could find of both teams this year.

The Denison QB accounted for 30 TD's in district play. Only someone with no clue would say that he can't beat you with his legs.

I havent personally seen Denison play this year. All I have to go by is the few videos posted on youtube. And from what I saw, yes he scored a few TDs but he did not appear to have much speed or elusiveness when he ran. When we have faced QB's like Longview's Aaron Johnson and Texas High's Nathan Sorenson that are legit threats on any given play then I have to stand by my comment especially compared to those two.

I havent personally seen Denison play this year. All I have to go by is the few videos posted on youtube. And from what I saw, yes he scored a few TDs but he did not appear to have much speed or elusiveness when he ran. When we have faced QB's like Longview's Aaron Johnson and Texas High's Nathan Sorenson that are legit threats on any given play then I have to stand by my comment especially compared to those two.

Well i guess you will just have to wait and see. That is IF you get there. Which is a big IF. However I know Jordan Taylor will be in the third round running right over people, as well as the BEAST. Good luck Marshall you will need it and make sure you enjoy it IF you win, it will be your last.

Jordan Taylor can't run!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Denison has arguably the best back field in the state and their numbers back that up. The Beast will have his choice as far as what school he attends next year and Taylors offers keep rolling in. Taylor is a LEGIT 4.5 kid, who will run thru you if need be.

Denison Defense slow!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Again Their front 4 is the best to walk the halls in DHS Football history. Thats a fact!! They just shut down one of the most prolific passing teams in the state. Please go into this one believing some video on YouTube. It will make the victory even sweeter!!!

Denison has arguably the best back field in the state and their numbers back that up. The Beast will have his choice as far as what school he attends next year and Taylors offers keep rolling in. Taylor is a LEGIT 4.5 kid, who will run thru you if need be.

Again Their front 4 is the best to walk the halls in DHS Football history. Thats a fact!! They just shut down one of the most prolific passing teams in the state. Please go into this one believing some video on YouTube. It will make the victory even sweeter!!!

Aaron Franklin: Legit 4.4 (linebacker) My math says 4.4 is faster than 4.5 ... Unless I am living in a world of new age math.

And when you say arguably, that means someone thinks that someone else's backfield is better. I haven't heard anything about Denison except what you said. I look forward to talking trash next week. Good luck getting by Conrad. If your players think the way you do, they will need some luck as well.

Until then, see ya Saturday :)

I guess websites are wrong, they both say 4.5. Oh well, you are a def with an OLB and a whole lot of no names. To my surprise I was expecting your whole def to be on rivals. There is 1 GUY!!! Denison has 5 and all of them other than Arps touches the ball. Keep running that football and you may make it to Nov 28th. I will give it to you 13-4A is legit, but this is a team full of kids that have been thru the fire. From the look of your roster, your not as fortunate! Corsicana will give you all that you can handle, Marshall wins, because The Can is a one man show. Denison, well lets say they are not a 1 man band. Can't wait until next week

What is Denison football history. I have never even heard of them before this year. THAT IS A FACT. Marshall has almost 4 or 5 guys that run 4.5 big deal. You have 1? We have 1 maybe 2 that run a 4.4 which would be faster. #### for you is they are all on defense.

We have played teams (Longview, Texas High) that have people that id put up against almost anybody as in terms of speed. I love it you getting on here and giving me a reason to be on this thing. It is hilarious but im not going to talk down to Denison because they are having a good year, however so is Marshall.

You have 1 running back beast? We have 4, so until you play somebody that actually means something that in the past 3 years has accomplished something please go back to class and get off the computers in the computer lab.

Last time I checked only 1 guy can run the ball at a time, your qb is 0 threat to run the ball, so the run game will be taken away. You can not throw the ball (as said on this site before) you are 1 dimensional and will be handled in due time. You have faced a team with more speed, but not one as balanced. Thats a fact. SS and Texas High are playing with smoke and mirrors. So don't get to high with those 2 wins. Texas High goes away this week and hopefully SS will still be around after we are threw with you. Denison is on a rematch tour and you and Marshall is in our way. Longview, so when do you take positives from a loss. You got beat, big deal you scored 30, I don't remember the last time we didn't score 40. Will be fun next week!!!