#1 USNDocOfMarines

USNDocOfMarines

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:07 PM

NASCAR.COM Story
Leaving Richard Petty Motorsports. Not certain where he will drive next season, but he looks to pilot the HMS 5 car in '12.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

#2 GOLEE

GOLEE

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Football, Hunting, Fishing, Nascar

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (USNDocOfMarines @ Apr 13 2010, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NASCAR.COM Story
Leaving Richard Petty Motorsports. Not certain where he will drive next season, but he looks to pilot the HMS 5 car in '12.

All the Hendrick boys are signed thru 2011, and Khane wouldnt get a ride until 2012. I know he's frustrated at Petty, and Broke at that.... But thats a long time sitting on the bench. This comes down to the 5 and 88 car. The 24 and 48 are there as long as they wish to be. Thats well over 2 years for a guy in his prime. nuke.gif Not a good situation for Jr. for the next 2 years. As If he didnt have enough pressure.

Luck is when preperation meets opportunity

#3 Payzone

Payzone

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:35 AM

Maybe JR will head over to RCR.

#4 GOLEE

GOLEE

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Payzone @ Apr 14 2010, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe JR will head over to RCR.

Rick Hendrick says today that t is his responsibility to find Kahne a ride for next season. Im sure he can do it. He may bend and twist every rule in the book to do it, but Im sure he will . Martin has told Rick that he will not renew his contract in 2012. I can here Mike. H now.... Hey Rick.. whats up your sleeve here. I suspect he could work out a deal with Stewart / Hass with some perks down the road for Stewart, who wants to start a third car. Rick could leave behind a few cars for Stewart, and pull Kahne back after a year. Is that legal ? Has it ever been tried? I dont know.... But this is the kind of thinking you have to expand upon. Where is he going to put him, unless he yanks someone next season.
My personal opinion is and has been, long before this was Jr is on the bubble if he does not make the chase this year. Rick has thrown the gammett at the 88, and is running out of people and ideas. Jr brings money and sponsers yea, but Rick has all of that, he wants to win. Theres alot of racing left but, the clock is ticking.

#5 USNDocOfMarines

USNDocOfMarines

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:57 PM

Dont be looking for anyone but Jr to be driving that 88 machine. I believe Mr.Martin is going to retire, and Kahne will take his place.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

#6 GOLEE

GOLEE

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (USNDocOfMarines @ Apr 14 2010, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont be looking for anyone but Jr to be driving that 88 machine. I believe Mr.Martin is going to retire, and Kahne will take his place.

Rick is a stand up guy, and that would be the respectable thing to do.

#7 BGR

BGR

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:07 AM

I won't be surprised to see Kahne in the #5 next year and Martin running a 3rd Stewart-Haas car or Jr Motorsports forms a cup team with Martin as a driver.

#8 camuchs

camuchs

Pro Peace Provacateur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:"edibles" and "herbs"

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:41 AM

Good for Kasey - he is too good of a driver to be at RPM anyway. Jr. Should be at RPM with the rest of the mediocre drivers.

#9 GOLEE

GOLEE

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (BGR @ Apr 18 2010, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I won't be surprised to see Kahne in the #5 next year and Martin running a 3rd Stewart-Haas car or Jr Motorsports forms a cup team with Martin as a driver.

Since this was first posted... much talk has been speculated... Its almost certain something is going to happen with Stewart, and it is very possible Martin, could go ahead and move on to allow Kahne a shot at his future plans, this would also allow Martin a chance to further his career if he wanted to. Martin can still bring it on most days, he would be a great teamate for Stewart to start a notebook on a new team, as well as setting up the car for qualifying, where he is a master at doing. One thing for sure... Kahne is sitting in the cat bird seat for the next several years.

#10 hiram

hiram

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:18 PM

Martin qualified 30th for texas, i was there for the double header monday. His Hendrickcars.com car was so bad after first practice they scrapped everything and started over, going through inspection, etc, after the final practices were rained out. I watched him race his way to a seventh place finish, without a scratch on the car. I know this as when the red flag came late in the race, i was taking pics next to the fence in turn four. Whatever he chooses to do, it'll be on his terms. Respect he has earned in my book.
"My other car is a ragged ole' truck" -
Billy Joe Shaver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users