99 replies to this topic

#81 thesauce10

thesauce10

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:27 PM

Reid got the brwnsboro job--heard strong left kilgore to go to big sandy to replace reid--kilgore's job was posted on thsca website----also aldridge is going to ug

#82 pizzchips

pizzchips

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:21 PM

thanks for the update their sauce. PM me and let me know where you ended up
Bamaboy staff #2

#83 bamaboy

bamaboy

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:15 PM

Strong left Kilgore?? That is definetly Big Sandy's gain. Hopefully he will have something to work with there because he didnt have poop to work with at kilgo but were still had chances at the last playoff spot. I would like to nominate him for coach of the decade.
BAMABOY STAFF

#84 CoachTobinReid

CoachTobinReid

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (bamaboy @ Jun 30 2010, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Strong left Kilgore?? That is definetly Big Sandy's gain. Hopefully he will have something to work with there because he didnt have poop to work with at kilgo but were still had chances at the last playoff spot. I would like to nominate him for coach of the decade.

He will ............... bamaboy

Good kids and they want to play and learn basketball. They even play in the summer league at UTT. Alot of them are also attending basketball camps as well.

Congrats to Kerry and Big Sandy if this is true.. happy65.gif for everyone.....
Thank you,

Coach Tobin L. Reid
Brownsboro HS

"A good coach improves your game. A great coach improves your life."

#85 kermit

kermit

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

who's in the running for the kilgore job?

#86 LeeRain

LeeRain

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:43 AM

I agree that could be a situation or maybe you have the talent and your lacking at the coaching level. It could be either scenario. I am of the opinion as i think are many others,that SH girls basketball has had the talent to consistently move further in the playoffs than they have.
import trade lead

And I can assure you there are other issues that i wont discuss here, but there are. I agree if you have a great coach that is getting the most from his talent and they consistently get knocked out in the first or second round,he or she is doing a great job.
womens designer handbags
On the other hand if you have a coach that is getting knocked out of the playoffs in the first or second round because he or she continuously fails to get the most from his players that is a coaching issue.
People will have different opinions on which it is. Apparently SH has decided it is the latter, which i believe is a reasonable conclusion in this case.

#87 Golfingnut

Golfingnut

Bears Number 1 fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts
  • Twitter:BethMcKamy

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (LeeRain @ Jul 23 2010, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that could be a situation or maybe you have the talent and your lacking at the coaching level. It could be either scenario. I am of the opinion as i think are many others,that SH girls basketball has had the talent to consistently move further in the playoffs than they have.
import trade lead

And I can assure you there are other issues that i wont discuss here, but there are. I agree if you have a great coach that is getting the most from his talent and they consistently get knocked out in the first or second round,he or she is doing a great job.
womens designer handbags
On the other hand if you have a coach that is getting knocked out of the playoffs in the first or second round because he or she continuously fails to get the most from his players that is a coaching issue.
People will have different opinions on which it is. Apparently SH has decided it is the latter, which i believe is a reasonable conclusion in this case.

I would assume SH coach is getting the most out of players during the season, or they wouldn't make the playoffs. So why if they are getting players to play hard during the season, why would they have problems in the playoffs? Or are you saying that SH is so much better than everyone else in their district, that they are automatics into the playoffs, but then that would mean they play teams in playoffs that are better than them. I have been watching SH for a long time, and I have always been impressed with their teams over the years. They are very team oriented. Good individual talent, but the reason they win is because they play well together as a team. I believe the coach has done a good job in that respect. The other issues I know nothing about, and maybe SH should have a change, but I don't believe it's because a coach couldn't get the best out of their players. At least when I have seen them play, that isn't the case.

Evidently Spring Hill thought they needed a change. It will be interesting to see how all the coaching changes this year work out, especially in this district.

"BACKWATER MAFIA" MEMBER AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!

#88 DanielLions23

DanielLions23

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (golffingnut @ Jul 31 2010, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would assume SH coach is getting the most out of players during the season, or they wouldn't make the playoffs. So why if they are getting players to play hard during the season, why would they have problems in the playoffs? Or are you saying that SH is so much better than everyone else in their district, that they are automatics into the playoffs, but then that would mean they play teams in playoffs that are better than them. I have been watching SH for a long time, and I have always been impressed with their teams over the years. They are very team oriented. Good individual talent, but the reason they win is because they play well together as a team. I believe the coach has done a good job in that respect. The other issues I know nothing about, and maybe SH should have a change, but I don't believe it's because a coach couldn't get the best out of their players. At least when I have seen them play, that isn't the case.

Evidently Spring Hill thought they needed a change. It will be interesting to see how all the coaching changes this year work out, especially in this district.
I agree, but the coach will have somewhat of an advantage, they are definitely going to a weaker girls basketball district. They should win that district hands down. How will the Lady Bears do this year? would love to see them put a winning season together and compete for the playoffs.

#89 gcpride

gcpride

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:07 PM

Chris Grotemat to Sabine HS
Joe Crawford to Tyler Grace

The University of Texas at Tyler Basketball
McPherson College (Kansas) Basketball

#90 Golfingnut

Golfingnut

Bears Number 1 fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts
  • Twitter:BethMcKamy

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (DanielLions23 @ Aug 1 2010, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, but the coach will have somewhat of an advantage, they are definitely going to a weaker girls basketball district. They should win that district hands down. How will the Lady Bears do this year? would love to see them put a winning season together and compete for the playoffs.

Not sure about SH winning district hands down. You still have Carthage, Henderson, & Pittsburg. Not sure what Gilmer will return, but I don't think SH will have it as easy as people think. As far as the Lady Bears, it will be tough. From my understanding Coach Clay is stepping down, and Coach Oswalt will take over the Varsity girls. I like Angie as a coach. She did a great job with the JV girls, just unsure how the girls will play. Lady Bears have two or three good players with talent, and if they develop, Gladewater could upset a few teams. We will see.
"BACKWATER MAFIA" MEMBER AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!

#91 sluggard

sluggard

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (gcpride @ Aug 1 2010, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Joe Crawford to Tyler Grace

Googled 'Joe Crawford' to get some info. I don't guess it is this one. Or this one. smile.gif

#92 gcpride

gcpride

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (sluggard @ Aug 2 2010, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Googled 'Joe Crawford' to get some info. I don't guess it is this one. Or this one. smile.gif

Joe Crawford has coached at Dallas Christian for the last 4 years.. Before that he coached at Henderson, Gilmer, and Arp.. At Dallas Christian he always had trouble building a basketball program due to the dominance in Football, the last four years they literally played one tournament as a team and then district, no regular season games.. At Grace he will have a chance to coach a full season.

The University of Texas at Tyler Basketball
McPherson College (Kansas) Basketball

#93 DanielLions23

DanielLions23

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

Grace is getting a good man and coach. Good luck.

#94 camuchs

camuchs

Pro Peace Provacateur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:"edibles" and "herbs"

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (cowboy1 @ Apr 23 2010, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know Spring Hill Girls Coach, David Duncan has been reassigned within the District. I am not sure if he is staying or leaving. No replacement for this position has been hired at this time.

I heard that Duncan is the Gary girls coach now. Can anyone confirm this? He coached at Gary about 15 or 20 years ago.

#95 camuchs

camuchs

Pro Peace Provacateur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:"edibles" and "herbs"

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (mallard @ Apr 29 2010, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where did the Gary girls coach go?

Bridge City

#96 JackFan

JackFan

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:30 AM

Duncan is at Gary.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

#97 jucky68

jucky68

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

I agree that could be a situation.

#98 lilohme

lilohme

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (action10 @ Apr 30 2010, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why all the Hostility? Gary has very good facilities for Basketball and a growing student body. Have been told the supt. is good as well.

They have some tradition. They were good when I was playing, milleniums ago, even beat us once. Had a blonde haired get that could play. He even challenged the ref to go outside. Cannot remember his name. lolololololol The ref was Roy
Darby from Jacksonville. That kids name was Walker.

#99 JHSTrumpet

JHSTrumpet

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:12 PM

The Joaquin Girl's basketball coaching position has been filled.

#100 EastTx87

EastTx87

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

So who knows anything about Coach Wollam at Waskom? Heard the spirits aren't too high around Waskom since Coach Griffin stepped down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users