Photo

Umbilical Hernia.......anybody know any good surgeons?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 blackflag79

blackflag79

Gilmer Grad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:15 PM

I've got an umbilical hernia I have to have repaired. Have any of y'all ever had this done, or know of anybody who has? If so, do any of y'all know of a good hernia repair surgeon in Longview?
"Offense wins games, DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

"DEZign8"

Gilmer Buckeyes - 2004 D2 and 2009 D1 3A State Champs

"Proud" member of the "Backwater Mafia"

#2 parentofredheads

parentofredheads

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

Oldest had 2 get both of his hernias operated on when he was like 2-3 months old, but it wasn't the umblical one... down lower...

Do urologists do that? If so, I'll tell you this - there are ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD UROLOGICAL DOCTORS IN LONGVIEW, but I've got a great one in Tyler, if you need the name!!!!!! Great one!

Let me know, and I'll shoot you the name.

#3 blackflag79

blackflag79

Gilmer Grad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:43 AM

I understand it's a painful surgery, and will take 6-8 weeks to make a full recovery. One surgeon I talked to said it was even more painful than inguinal hernia surgery icon_eek.gif . I had double inguinal surgery back in '91.......OUCH! I go to the surgeon today to talk about it. Pray for me!

P.R.I.D.E.

"DEZign8"

#4 parentofredheads

parentofredheads

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:25 PM

You're in our prayers. And might not hurt to get a second opinion...

The best thing I can advise you on is, watch who the surgeon is, the antesthesiologist... the best info you can get is for nurses who are involved in surgeries...

#5 Hayseed

Hayseed

Backwater Sportswriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:47 AM

Doctor Cagle from Nacodoches did an obdominal hernia for me at Nacogdoches Medical Center.I can't even tell anything was ever wrong before. It's held up 9 years thus far.I pray everything turns out O.K..

#6 Billeaux

Billeaux

Coaching Staff

• Moderators
  • 559 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (blackflag79 @ Jun 28 2010, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand it's a painful surgery, and will take 6-8 weeks to make a full recovery. One surgeon I talked to said it was even more painful than inguinal hernia surgery icon_eek.gif . I had double inguinal surgery back in '91.......OUCH! I go to the surgeon today to talk about it. Pray for me!

It is NOT a painful surgery..... I had one repaired a couple of years ago... no sweat... back at work the next day....was just careful lifting for a couple of weeks.. Dr Prudhome in Tyler did mine not sure he goes to Longview but worth the phone call.

#7 blackflag79

blackflag79

Gilmer Grad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Billeaux @ Jul 24 2010, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is NOT a painful surgery..... I had one repaired a couple of years ago... no sweat... back at work the next day....was just careful lifting for a couple of weeks.. Dr Prudhome in Tyler did mine not sure he goes to Longview but worth the phone call.

Yeah, it was absolutely nothing like my other surgery. I couldn't go back to work the next day, though. I had a 3" or so incision just over my belly button, and it hurt (more like uncomfortable)........but it was nothing like the double inguinal hernia surgery. Some hernia surgeries are much smaller and require small incisions. I don't call a 3" incision in the gut small. icon_eek.gif I had the surgery on a Wednesday, and probably could've went back to work on Monday (maybe sooner), but I chose to stay home and use a few days I had saved up. I still couldn't stand to wear jeans until the wound healed a little further without discomfort. I'm fine now, though. thumbsup.gif Thanks for the prayers!

P.R.I.D.E.

"DEZign8"

#8 Five0pd310

Five0pd310

Smoakhouse Staff

• Administrators
  • 11,583 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

The whole thing seems awefully painful.
Five0pd310@suddenlink.net

#9 blackflag79

blackflag79

Gilmer Grad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Five0pd310 @ Jul 27 2010, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The whole thing seems awefully painful.

Actually, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. A surgeon that operated on my brother's back said that the umbilical surgery would be more painful than the inguinal surgery, but it wasn't even in the same neighborhood on a pain scale. I was pleasantly surprised! thumbsup.gif

P.R.I.D.E.

"DEZign8"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users