#2 Wild74

Wild74

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,407 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

Im a little late but how did he do:)

Winston Churchill summed up the American ethical approach once, saying: "You can always count of the Americans to do the right thing, after they have exhausted all the other possibilities.

#3 blackflag79

blackflag79

Gilmer Grad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:03 AM

I just saw this.  Thanks for the prayers.  I'm doing just fine.  I will say this to all of you, though.  If there's a way to have surgery via DaVinci robotics, have it done that way.  I hear they can do most heart surgeries that way now.  If I have to have a major surgery, I would drive thousands of miles to have it done with DaVinci robotics.

The surgery I had was to remove a vein that had completely choked off my left ureter.  Think kidney stone times ten, except it was a vein and not a stone.  I had three 1/2" incisions that were glued back together after the surgery, and you really have to look hard to find where they were.  I missed two weeks of work.  If I would've had conventional surgery, which is all they offered in the Longview / Tyler area, I would've had a gaping 8 to 10" incision that would've cut through three layers of muscles, and it would've taken at least 10 to 12 weeks to heal.  Thank GOD for the new DaVinci robotics!

"Offense wins games, DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

"Family"

Gilmer Buckeyes - 2004 3A-D2, 2009 3A-D1, and 2014 4A-D2 State Champs

1981, 2007, 2012 State Finalists

"Proud" member of the "Backwater Mafia"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users