Photo

How about a religion sub forum option in the Other Topics section?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BGR

BGR

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

The Other Topics forum has been filled with religious topics and discussion as of late. It would be nice to have a section for all the religious debates to roll on just like we have the political arena.

#2 Bilbo

Bilbo

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:15 PM

YES PLEASE!

#3 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Moderators
  • 15,299 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

I always thought we needed a separate forum for Bilbo, until he quit posting.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#4 Bilbo

Bilbo

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:48 PM

I always thought we needed a separate forum for Bilbo, until he quit posting.

*bow's deeply and lay's my sword at your feet*

This may be why I quit posting My Friend....

#5 Bilbo

Bilbo

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:00 PM

Can something be done to seperate Church from State?

#6 numbnut

numbnut

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:55 PM

What I tell you?

#7 numbnut

numbnut

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:20 AM

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another (John 13:34).

#8 Paradox

Paradox

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

"Thou shalt not talketh trash on Smoaky.com" Moses 5:26

#9 BGR

BGR

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

Guess no administrators check this section. I have nothing against religion or religious debates but the Other Topics form has become almost nothing but Religious strands. Please, please, please start a religion sub-forum section. I have private messaged a couple of the admins with no response.

#10 delap

delap

The Guardian

• Administrators
  • 3,229 posts
  • Location:Hometown: Lindale, TX; College: College Station, TX
  • Interests:Church, Fishing, Hunting, Baseball, Politics, Reading, Webforums, Technology, NRA, U.S. Military, the outdoors.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

Guess no administrators check this section. I have nothing against religion or religious debates but the Other Topics form has become almost nothing but Religious strands. Please, please, please start a religion sub-forum section. I have private messaged a couple of the admins with no response.

I'll talk to Smoaky and see what he'd like to do.
He and I discussed it once before, but I never followed up on anything.
Care to keep up with the Cowboys?? Check out www.smoaky.com/cowboys to see "Smoaky's Cowboy Blog" for training camp, news, and interviews by podcast within the next day---and pictures as well.

"Be kinder than neccessary, everyone is fighting some kind of battle."

"I don't know what's worse; watching the high school kids banter in the HS forums or the grown men banter in the Political forums....."- (Me)

"The best seat in the house isn't in a box and doesn't cost a penny; the best seat in the house is on the courtside, on the sideline, and in the dugout!!" - De La P (Me)

This country can go to Hell in a hand basket economically, but if you're not right with God then you've got a lot more to worry about!!!! (Me)

Anyone wishing to contribute to the monthly maintenance costs, or help with all of the recent smoaky.com upgrades can now do so! Please see the bottom of any of the Smoaky.com, smoaky.com HS Stats and Records and Smoakhouse Forums pages for contribution buttons! You may use PayPal or your own choice of credit card.

Contributions are not required but are greatly appreciated!

#11 BGR

BGR

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

I'll talk to Smoaky and see what he'd like to do.
He and I discussed it once before, but I never followed up on anything.

That would be great delap. I have no problem with religion and I go to church believe in God and Jesus Christ, I would just like to have it in a sub forum. I stopped posting in the other topic section because it was just over flowing with religious topics.

#12 KirtFalcon

KirtFalcon

Liberalism is a disease ... and I'm the cure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,093 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

Most of the religious topics that have been posted recently were political in nature. I think they belong in the politics forum.

GARRISON BULLDOGS - 2003 Class AA Div II State Champs

"It still amazes me that letting hard working Americans keep more of their hard earned wages is considered government spending by liberals." - KF

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-med-atf.gif

#13 BGR

BGR

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

Most of the religious topics that have been posted recently were political in nature. I think they belong in the politics forum.

You are probably right about the most recent ones but with the 2012 end of the world scenarios on the rise the religious topics are sure to increase.

#14 Colmesneilfan1

Colmesneilfan1

Smoakhouse Libertarian

• Administrators
  • 34,265 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Working on this soon.....

Mark 16: 16..."16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Acts 2: 38...."38And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 22: 16...."16And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name."

I Peter 3: 21...."21Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,"

The above Scripture is from the English Standard Version

#15 Colmesneilfan1

Colmesneilfan1

Smoakhouse Libertarian

• Administrators
  • 34,265 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Done...we now have a "Religion" subforum.....post away.....

Mark 16: 16..."16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Acts 2: 38...."38And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 22: 16...."16And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name."

I Peter 3: 21...."21Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,"

The above Scripture is from the English Standard Version

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users