• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 NacogdochesDragonTennis

NacogdochesDragonTennis

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, soccer, track, volleyball, basketball, football, running, reading, writing and singing

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

What are you thoughts of who will dominate the District 14-4A tennis scene for the 2011-12 school year since the top 6 boys for jacksonville are graduating seniors, kilgore, hallsville, whitehouse sending half their seniors off!

my 2011-12 team tennis prediction

14-4A District Championship- Pine Tree vs Nacogdoches
Regional Qualifier- Loser of the Pine Tree vs Nacogdoches match
3rd place- Kilgore
4th place- Whitehouse
5th place- Hallsville
6th place- Jacksonville
7th place- Marshall
8th place- John Tyler

If you agree or dont think i'm right you can post your own predictions of who will clinch the 2011 District 14/4A Fall Team Tennis title
Nacogdoches Dragons

#2 Bulldogtennis

Bulldogtennis

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

That would be quite an achievement for Nac. Jacksonville does lose a lot, but they probably have some upper classmen on the JV that will fill in and do fine. Kilgore and Hallsville only losing a few, but the few Hallsville are losing are boys, and that could really hurt their team. I don't think Whitehouse loses any. Not going to rank everyone, but hopefully Kilgore goes 7-0 and gets to avoid that ridiculous tournament. With what happened last fall, district coaches changed the rule to reward an undefeated team with an automatic bid to regionals. Kind of rooting that Pine Tree wins the tournament and gets second.

#3 NacogdochesDragonTennis

NacogdochesDragonTennis

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, soccer, track, volleyball, basketball, football, running, reading, writing and singing

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

Very True and Kilgore always work hard to be the best tennis program in east texas and i think they will go to dallas again in november
Nacogdoches Dragons

#4 NacogdochesDragonTennis

NacogdochesDragonTennis

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:26 PM

Very True and Kilgore always work hard to be the best tennis program in east texas and i think they will go to dallas again in november

Nacogdoches won the District 12-5A championship in 1999 beating Tyler Lee and won again in 2000 up till 2006 was the last time they won the district title and went to regionals as a team..so if Nac wins the title again this upcoming fall it will be quite a story

Nacogdoches Dragons

#5 GloryDays

GloryDays

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

My Prediction 2011-2012

14-4A District Champion - Hallsville
Regional Qualifier- Whitehouse
3rd place- Kilgore
4th place- Jacksonville
5th place- Pine Tree
6th place- Marshall
7th place- Nac
8th place- John Tyler

#6 postnup247

postnup247

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:30 AM

2011 Fall predictions

1. Kilgore
2. Whitehouse
3. Jacksonville
4. Pine Tree
5. Nacogdoches
6. Hallsville
7. Marshall
8. John Tyler

#7 LTD

LTD

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

Nac 2-0
Hallsville 2-0
Kilgore 1-0
Jacksonville 1-1
John Tyler 1-1
Pine Tree 0-1
Marshall 0-2
Whitehouse 0-2

Another week with some close matches

Nac defeats Marshall 10-3 (16-3)
Hallsville defeats Whitehouse 10-7 (10-9)
Jacksonville defeats John Tyler (10-0) 18-1
Kilgore plays Pine Tree Thursday

#8 LTD

LTD

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:52 AM

Pine Tree 10 Marshall 3 (14-5)
Hallsville 10 Kilgore 7 (11-8)
Jacksonville 10 Nacogdoches 5 (13-6)
Whitehouse 10 John Tyler 1 (17-2)

Hallsville 3-0
Jacksonville 2-1
Kilgore 2-1
Nac 2-1
John Tyler 1-2
Pine Tree 1-2
Whitehouse 1-2
Marshall 0-3

#9 CoachPelvisPresley

CoachPelvisPresley

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

Hallsville seems to just keep winning...they must have something special going over there.

Pine Tree 10 Marshall 3 (14-5)
Hallsville 10 Kilgore 7 (11-8)
Jacksonville 10 Nacogdoches 5 (13-6)
Whitehouse 10 John Tyler 1 (17-2)

Hallsville 3-0
Jacksonville 2-1
Kilgore 2-1
Nac 2-1
John Tyler 1-2
Pine Tree 1-2
Whitehouse 1-2
Marshall 0-3

#10 postnup247

postnup247

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:57 AM

Hallsville seems to just keep winning...they must have something special going over there.

Not really. They are barely beating teams who are way down this year. Whoever wins district this year will be the weakest district champion that this district has seen in a VERY long time.

#11 CoachPelvisPresley

CoachPelvisPresley

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

Not really. They are barely beating teams who are way down this year. Whoever wins district this year will be the weakest district champion that this district has seen in a VERY long time.

Here's the situation...a win's a win...whether 18-1 or 10-9.

Whatever gets a young team a bid into the playoffs. Success and experience will make any team better. Nobody from this district is winning team tennis state...and never have...Texas High hasn't either. Unless you are on the hill near SMU, you won't.

So winning district and making a good showing is the initial goal.

#12 postnup247

postnup247

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:12 PM

Here's the situation...a win's a win...whether 18-1 or 10-9.

Whatever gets a young team a bid into the playoffs. Success and experience will make any team better. Nobody from this district is winning team tennis state...and never have...Texas High hasn't either. Unless you are on the hill near SMU, you won't.

So winning district and making a good showing is the initial goal.

You commented as if something "special" was going on in Hallsville. I'm just saying they aren't that good. Very average team.

#13 LTD

LTD

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:22 AM

Hallsville 10 Pine Tree 4 (13-6)

Jacksonville 10 Marshall 1 (17-2)

Kilgore 10 John Tyler 2 (17-2)

Whitehouse 10 Nacogdoches 4 (15-4)

#14 GloryDays

GloryDays

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:55 AM

"weakest district champion that this district had seen in a VERY long time"?? Hallsville is currently 4-0, usually when a team is undefeated it means that there is something special going for them. Whoever you are, I can see that you have no respect for Hallsville. Hallsville has never had a successful tennis program, and this year they've changed that. C'mon man, you dogged on Hallsville's tennis team last fall as well.. What do you have against Hallsville? Your arguement would be better if Hallsville was to win district with a 4-3 record, but undefeated? You can't argue about an undefeated team!

#15 postnup247

postnup247

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

"weakest district champion that this district had seen in a VERY long time"?? Hallsville is currently 4-0, usually when a team is undefeated it means that there is something special going for them. Whoever you are, I can see that you have no respect for Hallsville. Hallsville has never had a successful tennis program, and this year they've changed that. C'mon man, you dogged on Hallsville's tennis team last fall as well.. What do you have against Hallsville? Your arguement would be better if Hallsville was to win district with a 4-3 record, but undefeated? You can't argue about an undefeated team!

I said Hallsville is an average team...which I think is true. Yes, this will be the weakest district champion that this district has seen in at least 10+ years. I didn't say that was specifically Hallsville, because Hallsville hasn't won it yet. The district champion teams that Jacksonville, Kilgore, Lindale, Tx High, and Nacogdoches have had in that time span would dominate EVERY team in this district this year. Sorry, but that is fact. If you can't see that, then you are either a homer or haven't been around long enough to know better.

#16 CoachPelvisPresley

CoachPelvisPresley

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:16 AM

I said Hallsville is an average team...which I think is true. Yes, this will be the weakest district champion that this district has seen in at least 10+ years. I didn't say that was specifically Hallsville, because Hallsville hasn't won it yet. The district champion teams that Jacksonville, Kilgore, Lindale, Tx High, and Nacogdoches have had in that time span would dominate EVERY team in this district this year. Sorry, but that is fact. If you can't see that, then you are either a homer or haven't been around long enough to know better.

i guess the level of junior tennis has dropped in the area then? I guess people in the know (the former players) should step up and start helping push the juniors in your areas. The only thing that can make the tennis better is to get the kids on the court more.

Believe me...I see and have seen alot of East Texas tennis over the years...it needs to get better...from the ground up.

#17 bordertown

bordertown

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

Believe me...I see and have seen alot of East Texas tennis over the years...it needs to get better...from the ground up.

I concur. Tennis is a strange sport in that you get better by getting beat. If you aren't getting beat then you aren't challenging yourself to get to the next level.

Texas High has to travel to find meaningful matches. Texas High is "down" compared to last year but they are still by far the best in East Texas. The district matches they participate in are more likely to cause bad habits. Alot of times I suspect the best matches are the weekly challenge matches.

On an interesting side note Texas High will travel later in the season to play Lake Travis and Austin Westlake. They may get their clock cleaned, but they are stretching.

#18 LTD

LTD

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

Jacksonville 10 Pine Tree 3 (14-5)

Hallsville 10 John Tyler 2 (14-5)

Whitehouse 10 Marshall 0 (19-0)

Kilgore 10 Nacogdoches 7

1. Hallsville 5-0
2. Kilgore 4-1
3. Jacksonville 4-1
4. Whitehouse 3-2
5. Nac 2-3
6. John Tyler 1-4
7. Pine Tree 1-4
8. Marshall 0-5

#19 bordertown

bordertown

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

True statement in team tennis, although Texas High was competitive last year. In my opinion THS was a top 3 team last year. Texas High has a strong program, HP is great.

It is odd to see Pine Tree being down. Are kids transferring to Longview?

#20 LTD

LTD

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

True statement in team tennis, although Texas High was competitive last year. In my opinion THS was a top 3 team last year. Texas High has a strong program, HP is great.

It is odd to see Pine Tree being down. Are kids transferring to Longview?

Hallsville is trying to be competitive... they haven't been as blessed at Texas High is. Pine Tree is about 2 girls deep and one guy deep. They have a pretty good guys team just young.. I expect them to compete next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users