24 replies to this topic

#21 shoelessjoelives

shoelessjoelives

THE PRIDE OF LSU SPORTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,426 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:30 AM

Lebron's style and character traits are typical of some of today's athletes. I refuse to get excited by their antics. Let them have their little charade.

Congratulations to the Mavericks and Don Carter and Mark Cuban !!
"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, it part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that is good, and all that could be again. Oh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come."............Terence Mann

#22 85lobo

85lobo

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

Whoops, DeShawn celebrated a little too hard already:

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6664021

#23 Baron

Baron

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  • Interests:Hook'em
    A tired Cowboy fan
    NSHS Trojans
    FHS Battlin Billies
    Rangers
    Mavs
    Stars

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

Lebron's style and character traits are typical of some of today's athletes. I refuse to get excited by their antics. Let them have their little charade.

Congratulations to the Mavericks and Don Carter and Mark Cuban !!

Having Don Carter accept the trophy was icing on the cake. People forget that Dallas had Aguire, Blackmon, Harper, Perkins, Donaldson and Tarpley that couldn't get by the Lakers Showtime.
Who is John Galt?

#24 spacegolfer

spacegolfer

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,909 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:36 AM

Having Don Carter accept the trophy was icing on the cake. People forget that Dallas had Aguire, Blackmon, Harper, Perkins, Donaldson and Tarpley that couldn't get by the Lakers Showtime.

I really enjoyed watching those teams back then. It's too bad that we never really got to see the best of Roy Tarpley. He was a very nice player.

Mark 11:23 New King James Version (NKJV)
23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him."
David Brinkley

Perspective instantiates reality.....

#25 ClawNAntler

ClawNAntler

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:37 AM

no but they did push them to a game 7 in the western conference finals one year. which was quite of an accomplishment considering how good the Lakers were. i got to go to game 6 that year in Dallas. it was crazy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users