4 replies to this topic

#1 bordertown

bordertown

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

On a day where the press should be praising and analyzing what the Dallas Mavs did right to win the title, all I hear is Miami Heat on ESPN radio. While the Heat are a part of the story, think 80% of the air time is a bit excessive.

I think the stories of the day should be:

Mark Cuban investment in the Mavs.
Donnie Nelson building the team.
Carlile pushing the buttons.
Veteran players staying focused and performing as a team.
3 point shooting
Dirk
--- the MVP
--- the warrior with injuries
--- "Did he just make that shot???"
Jason Kidd
Jason Terry
Chandler
Marion
Barrea
Zone defense

Tuesday 6-14-2011 I think it is valid to talk about the Heat.

#2 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,305 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

On a day where the press should be praising and analyzing what the Dallas Mavs did right to win the title, all I hear is Miami Heat on ESPN radio. While the Heat are a part of the story, think 80% of the air time is a bit excessive.

3 point shooting
Dirk
--- the MVP
Jason Kidd
Jason Terry
Chandler
Marion
Barrea
Zone defense

this Miami talk is terrible no one outside of maybe Texas gave the Mavs a chance even to make it a series much less beat them in 6. The truth is Wade played decent and Lebron forgot to show up. I don't know how you compare Lebron to Jordan when he is ringless. There always a anti texas theme going on with espn lol.

this Miami talk is terrible no one outside of maybe Texas gave the Mavs a chance even to make it a series much less beat them in 6. The truth is Wade played decent and Lebron forgot to show up. I don't know how you compare Lebron to Jordan when he is ringless. There always a anti texas theme going on with espn lol.

#3 threejs

threejs

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, basketball, BBQ & Golf

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:48 AM

On a day where the press should be praising and analyzing what the Dallas Mavs did right to win the title, all I hear is Miami Heat on ESPN radio.

Being a talk radio host on national stage apparently requires no facts, no concept of sports and no clue.
The Mavs (and Dirk) were an afterthought until they beat the Lakers. Most Espn analysts picked them to lose to Portland. When they didn't, the story was "they were supposed to win."

The Mavs don't excite the people who get turned on by a killer crossover and an airball.
LOOSE - it probably doesn't mean what you think it does.

#4 shoelessjoelives

shoelessjoelives

THE PRIDE OF LSU SPORTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,426 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

3 point shooting
Dirk
--- the MVP
Jason Kidd
Jason Terry
Chandler
Marion
Barrea
Zone defense

First off the Head Coach for the Mavericks is Rick Carlisle....who knows what he is doing through some extensive NBA battles. Yes, Carlisle is a very capable leader.
"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, it part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that is good, and all that could be again. Oh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come."............Terence Mann

#5 viking

viking

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:48 AM

Being a talk radio host on national stage apparently requires no facts, no concept of sports and no clue.
The Mavs (and Dirk) were an afterthought until they beat the Lakers. Most Espn analysts picked them to lose to Portland. When they didn't, the story was "they were supposed to win."

The Mavs don't excite the people who get turned on by a killer crossover and an airball.

Killer crossovers and airballs fills seats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users