• Interests:drilling natural gas wells in far away lands

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:44 AM

8th Grade

All Saints - 32
Frankston - 6

7th Grade

All Saints - 12
Frankston - 6

Wow... I'm really impressed with how A.S. 7th/8th are doing against teams from our district. I would really like to see how they would do against our team & Arp's 8th graders- who I believe to be the best 2 teams in the district at their respective levels...
Everybody has a game plan until they get hit in the mouth.

#24 sluggard

sluggard

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:10 PM

Wow... I'm really impressed with how A.S. 7th/8th are doing against teams from our district. I would really like to see how they would do against our team & Arp's 8th graders- who I believe to be the best 2 teams in the district at their respective levels...

I too am curious about how the All Saints middle schoolers would fair against the better 2A public school teams. Our 8th graders haven't lost a game this year or last (hope I'm not jinxing them). I expect Brook Hill will give us another tough game this year. We will play Brownsboro again as well; they played us tough last year.

What school are you from?

#25 13TX

13TX

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:05 AM

I too am curious about how the All Saints middle schoolers would fair against the better 2A public school teams. Our 8th graders haven't lost a game this year or last (hope I'm not jinxing them). I expect Brook Hill will give us another tough game this year. We will play Brownsboro again as well; they played us tough last year.

What school are you from?

Winona. They have not been good in awhile but they have a new coach/AD that is a good guy & is committed to turning things around. Hopefully things will improve quickly for the varsity, but these current middle schoolers (6th/7th/8th) will definitely be a force when they get to high school. The 7th grade is 3-0, 8th is 2-1. Hearing how the other schools in our district have been doing, I am confident our 7th graders can be undefeated district champions. I am hopeful the 8th grade can win out as well, though they will have a tougher road to hoe.

#26 13TX

13TX

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

Tonight the Winona 7th grade stayed undefeated by beating Joaquin 22-8 in a tough, physical game. Bryan McNown, D Wheeler, & Malik Owens all scored for the Wildcats. Joaquin outsized Winona by a considerable margin on both lines; they were able to lean on the Winona defense and have some success and almost completely shut down Winona's inside run game. #5 for the Rams was a very good player and broke 2 runs against Winona. Still, Winona had a speed advantage and played a sharper, more crisp game and thus were able to pull away.

The Winona 8th grade fell to the Joaquin Rams 8th graders 32-28 in a game where the teams went score for score. In the end the Wildcats had the ball late with a chance to win but just could not get it done. Still, Joseph Hart and Jeremiah Bolton had standout performances for Winona.

Next up, both teams play away against the Union Grove Lions.

#27 sluggard

sluggard

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

8th Grade

All Saints - 28
TK Gorman - 8

7th Grade

All Saints - 42
TK Gorman - 6

A good night for the Trojans as both teams remain undefeated. Brook Hill is up next, with perhaps our biggest test of the year.

#28 13TX

13TX

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

Tonight in Union Grove the Winona Wildcats 7th grade beat the Union Grove Lions 7th graders 54-28. Standouts on offense were D Wheeler and Malik Owens and the top defensive playmakers were Mikey Nelson, Bryan McNown, Wheeler, and Riley Rains. The 7th graders remain undefeated at 5-0 with West Rusk coming up next Thursday in Winona.

The Winona 8th graders dropped their game 36-14 to Union Grove. They fall to 2-3 for the year.

I was also told Arp's 7th grade beat Joaquin 18-16 tonight for what its worth.

#29 ComBat

ComBat

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:32 AM

Anyone know the Brookhill All saints score?

#30 sluggard

sluggard

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

Anyone know the Brookhill All saints score?

8th Grade
All Saints - 40
Brook Hill - 46

This was an exciting game with lots of athleticism on both sides. Brook Hill came back from a 16-0 deficit to take a touchdown lead. After that, each team scored on each possesion and made their 2 point conversions. The score was tied 40-40 with five minutes to play. Brook Hill scored with a minute left in the game, but the 2 point conversion failed. All Saints drove from thier own 20 to Brook Hill's 40 as time ran out. Congratulations to Brook Hill.

7th Grade
All Saints - 36
Brook Hill - 0

All Saints had too much speed for Brook Hill in this one.

#31 13TX

13TX

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

Today the Winona Wildcats 7th grade decimated West Rusk 48-0 to go to 6-0 on the season. Next up is the Arp Tigers.

The Winona 8th grade started strong but fell off in a 20-6 loss to WR. They fall to 2-4 on the year.

#32 Coach0001

Coach0001

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Former coach now in Admin

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:03 PM

I can promise you they would be scored on if they played the group from Teague
best 8th grade I have ever watched 3a down

2 kids could start on their varsity right now

#33 BigRedFan

BigRedFan

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,338 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

What about the Winnsboro 8th grade team? Are they still undefeated as of 10-27-2011?

#34 clawsnstripes

clawsnstripes

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

our 7th grade will close out yet another year without giving up a single point. i don't know how many years that is in a row, but its a bunch.
Now go do that voodoo that you do so well!
No tickee, no laundry!

#35 vonerick

vonerick

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

and your team....is who?

our 7th grade will close out yet another year without giving up a single point. i don't know how many years that is in a row, but its a bunch.

Are you kidding me? Were you even watching the game. #13 may of been the dirtiest player on the field last night!

**ruffneckfan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users