Photo

UG vs Overton

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: UG @ Overton (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins?

1. Union Grove (10 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. Overton (18 votes [64.29%])

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 pastorteddy

pastorteddy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:00 AM

Heading to play in Overton's new Stadium. I am glad they finally got one! Who Wins this Game? Both coming off wins in week 0. Of course I am going with my beloved Lions!
Our Motto.. PGA! Praise God Anyways! Go LIONS!!

#2 Hayseed

Hayseed

Backwater Sportswriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

Heading to play in Overton's new Stadium. I am glad they finally got one! Who Wins this Game? Both coming off wins in week 0. Of course I am going with my beloved Lions!

Will they still have acorns in the endzone at the new facility ?

#3 NewBallCoach

NewBallCoach

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:12 AM

If Overton comes out and plays like they did last week you can look for them to be 2-0
"I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them", - George W. Bush

#4 Coach4Christ

Coach4Christ

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:46 AM

Overton suprised me last week.

Overton 24
Union Grove 18
Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11

#5 pastorteddy

pastorteddy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

Will they still have acorns in the endzone at the new facility ?

haha I am sure acorns will be involved in some way! We have had Overton on our Pre-District schedule for many years... They have always been a team that we can count on to test us at every phase of the game. I am looking forward to much of the same. However, UG is a different football team this year. The feeling around the locker room is that they believe they can make something happen this year. They believe in themselves! There is a spirit of "team" that courses through everyone on the team from starters to bench players from Seniors to Freshman. I am hoping for a great year and these kids win or lose know that they will go out and give it all they got!

LETS GO LIONS! Do Work!

#6 Matthias

Matthias

Cornbread Aristocrat

• Moderators
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

Union Grove uses the run to set up the run ;) and they sure seem to do it well. Y'all ran roughshod over Beckville, a team we scrimmaged and had a hard time stopping. Plus, it's likely going to be a dark and stormy night, which will make for slippery conditions. I'm kinda nervous about this one. We've got so many green youngsters, and such a small defensive line, I can only wonder how they're gonna match up.

But because I'm a shameless homer who wouldn't pick against the Mustangs even if they were playing Chapel Hill, I say Overton takes a close, somewhat low-scoring game... something like 20-14.

#7 Coacher25

Coacher25

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

Great matchup for both teams. I'm going with Overton by 6.

#8 pastorteddy

pastorteddy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

Union Grove uses the run to set up the run ;) and they sure seem to do it well. Y'all ran roughshod over Beckville, a team we scrimmaged and had a hard time stopping. Plus, it's likely going to be a dark and stormy night, which will make for slippery conditions. I'm kinda nervous about this one. We've got so many green youngsters, and such a small defensive line, I can only wonder how they're gonna match up.

But because I'm a shameless homer who wouldn't pick against the Mustangs even if they were playing Chapel Hill, I say Overton takes a close, somewhat low-scoring game... something like 20-14.

Yessssir I too am a shameless homer. I am looking forward to making the trip..

#9 trueblue82

trueblue82

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:39 PM

Okay pastorteddy it looks like you are all alone on this one, so I got your back:
The Grove 34
Overton 22
Go Lions!
"Winnning isn't everything, but it beats the heck out of anything that comes in second." Bear Bryant

#10 clove421

clove421

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Football, Baseball, and serving my country!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

I haven't been able see the lions in action this year and won't be able to until the Winona game. Based on what I have been reading by pastorteddy and with talks with Coach Hargett it sounds like UG has a pretty good young team this year. So I am going to go with my UG Lions on this one by 8.
THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY!!

#11 rickybobby81

rickybobby81

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

The Grove baby, yeah!
"Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I donno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make." - Michael Scott

#12 Lambo

Lambo

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Interests:Watchin My Rams play football.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

I'll go with UG... Dont make me eat crow teddy.
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that. Bill Shankly

#13 kramer

kramer

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

I went with Cayuga and was wrong. Going with the Stangs this time. I think they surprised a lot of folks last week.

#14 MUSTANGMANIA

MUSTANGMANIA

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

I went with Cayuga and was wrong. Going with the Stangs this time. I think they surprised a lot of folks last week.

UG, Yall have on ol boy from Overton living among you. His name is Ivan Putski. Tell him well be waiting at the gate for him!!!

Go ahead, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

Wyatt Earp - Tombstone

MUSTANG FANS...ON YOUR FEET !!!

#15 Tiger1995

Tiger1995

jjspeed8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,216 posts
  • Interests:my youngens

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

UG but dang I know I am going to catch some slack over this one lol...Good luck to both
Go Arp Go,Go!!
jjspeed8..... the unbeatable homer.....
Posted Image

#16 pastorteddy

pastorteddy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

UG but dang I know I am going to catch some slack over this one lol...Good luck to both

Thats a dang good Pick my Man!

#17 Matthias

Matthias

Cornbread Aristocrat

• Moderators
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

UG too tough up front, great line play on both sides of the ball. Just couldn't slow y'all down or get much going offensively. Best of luck in 2A play!

#18 chase.colston

chase.colston

Prior Service Staff Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

What was the score?

#19 Matthias

Matthias

Cornbread Aristocrat

• Moderators
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:49 PM

What was the score?

26-6, Union Grove

#20 pastorteddy

pastorteddy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

UG too tough up front, great line play on both sides of the ball. Just couldn't slow y'all down or get much going offensively. Best of luck in 2A play!

Yes you are correct. 26-6 was the final and the only score Overton got was on a botched Kick Off return... LOL.. we really need to sure some things up on special teams! It was impressive to see those boys up front like Matt said dominate. Literally no offense to Overton, but they maybe got 3 first downs the whole game. Our front 4 on defense just was too much. Had some great linebacker play also. On offense it took us a couple of series to get it going.. LOL.. fumble right off the bat! Lost the ball somewhere near Overton's 25 yard line. But we overcame! I would have to say that our O-Line/D-Line is gonna stack up really well in District play! Very proud of Overton's kids - they are a class-act. They played hard through out the whole game. I think in the end UG was just too big! Harmony next week, should be a real test for us... LETS GO LIONS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users