8 replies to this topic

#1 Lhornfan

Lhornfan

Bevos Alter Ego

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,123 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:47 PM

For all of you that say Global Warming is a farse created by the left, we are three days from October, and it reached the mid 90s today. There is definately Global Warming going on in East Texas, and I've had enough! I go out in the morning around 7:00 and it wouldn't take long to start sweating if I did anything that required much movement.

It's time for a cold front. Maybe one that last 4 months or so...

#2 parentofredheads

parentofredheads

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:00 AM

True... there may be global warming, but it's not been created by man...

It's 7:56 a.m. right now, and I've got all the doors open, sitting here with my warm-ups and socks on...but it is supposed to be a 100 today, though, I think... goodness gracious alive...

But we were BLESSED night before last with 1/2" of rain - thanking the heavens - that's for sure!

A side note...I read a lot on agriculture, and North and South Dakota are getting in the high runnings for producing a lot of corn... why, because their area is getting warmer...hubby even made the comment the other night, maybe we outta think about moving north at some point... I told him when the winters in Montana don't get below 20, I'll move, but not before! LOL!

I have a friend up north in Iowa, that already they're experiencing low 30s at night...

But I'm with you... enough of this nonsense... we need a lot of tropical storms, (with no damage), coming up this way. But it's East Texas... it's either shorts or sweater weather, and sometimes, it requires both on the same day.

#3 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts
  • Interests:Faith is personal but it's never private. -Alistair Begg

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

It is not man made, and the government does not have the power to stop it. For reals they can pass all the bills and give the EPA all sorts power, and the government will still not have the power to stop it, but the guvernmnet will control us like medeval serfs and use false science to do so.
Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put thier trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5
--
WHAT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE HAPPEN FOR THE BIBLE TO BE A MAN-MADE PRODUCT

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-...hp?videoid=2215
---
In memory of PFC Nils G. Thompson
http://www.studybiblesf
orsoldiers.com/Thompson.html

--
God has put enough into the world to make faith in Him a most reasonable thing. But He has left enough out to make it impossible to live by sheer reason or observation alone. Ravi Zachurias

#4 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,979 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

Texas never has a cold spell until around Columbus Day. It's 72 degrees in H*Town, as we speak. I've already turned off the AC, and opened the windows. It's feeling really chilly down here. Ya'll can move up North where they don't need the AC. I'm staying in Texas, where it can be 85 degrees in December, and we only have a couple of days of snow.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#5 parentofredheads

parentofredheads

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:15 AM

Texas never has a cold spell until around Columbus Day. It's 72 degrees in H*Town, as we speak. I've already turned off the AC, and opened the windows. It's feeling really chilly down here. Ya'll can move up North where they don't need the AC. I'm staying in Texas, where it can be 85 degrees in December, and we only have a couple of days of snow.

LOL! I have a sub up in New Hampshire - born and bred though in Texas...still acts and walks like a Texan...she was very put out that she had to buy an air conditioner this year...very put out. Why she's up there, I have no idea, but all she says is WE LIKE THE SNOW... LOL!

#6 osup116

osup116

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts
  • Interests:Fastpitch, Hunting, and Fishing and an occational NAP

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:55 PM

For all of you that say Global Warming is a farse created by the left, we are three days from October, and it reached the mid 90s today. There is definately Global Warming going on in East Texas, and I've had enough! I go out in the morning around 7:00 and it wouldn't take long to start sweating if I did anything that required much movement.

It's time for a cold front. Maybe one that last 4 months or so...

83 degrees a 3 P.M. at my house today. Perfect Day. Calling for lows on the 50's Saturday.

I don't know if you just moved here or not, But if you did

WELCOME TO TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Lhornfan

Lhornfan

Bevos Alter Ego

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,123 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

83 degrees a 3 P.M. at my house today. Perfect Day. Calling for lows on the 50's Saturday.

I don't know if you just moved here or not, But if you did

WELCOME TO TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've lived in Texas all my life. My original post was meant as a tongue in cheek kind of post and not to be taken serious. I was just complaining about the severe warm weather we've had this year.

#8 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,979 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

I've lived in Texas all my life. My original post was meant as a tongue in cheek kind of post and not to be taken serious. I was just complaining about the severe warm weather we've had this year.

How are you liking this Texas fall so far ? It's perfect football weather to me.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#9 parentofredheads

parentofredheads

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:50 AM

^ Personally, I don't care if it's 100 or 50...we need rain, and lots of it!

Course I'm sure this "meeting" they're having in Dallas today or tomorrow is going to help anything (rolling eyes here).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users