• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Interests:1.Royse City Bulldog Football
    2.Texas High School Football
    3.University of Texas Football
    4.Dallas Cowboy Football

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

Don't get me wrong, I just wish Royse City had "one" State Championship trophy. We made it to the Semi-Finals in '04, but that was as close as we got.

But have you noticed how plain the State Championship trophy really is? I don't remember if the design of it has ever changed. Being it represents the best of the best for an entire year and for some like Daingerfield, Sealy, Euless Trinity, Lake Travis, etc...it represents multiple years as being the best.

I'm just thinking out loud, but shouldn't it be larger and with more glitter and glam than my son's Pee Wee Championship trophy? Of course I think the Pee Wee leagues can get a little carried away sometimes, especially when the trophy is taller than the six year old carrying it ! But that is another thread for another time.

However I don't think the bigger the trophy makes any larger statement, but dress it up a little. Maybe make it a State of Texas outline with some artwork design added to it. But I may be wrong and the UIL may mandate that the size, style and shape of the most coveted trophy in Texas must always remain the same. What do you say?
Royse City- 'Home of the Fighting Bulldogs'-28 playoff seasons, 45 playoff appearances, 39 consecutive games without a loss, three time State Quarterfinalist, six time Regional Champions , 2004 State Semi-Finalist

#2 armchair

armchair

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

Glitter? Glam? That ain't football.

#3 GoBigBlue

GoBigBlue

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

Somethings just never get old and I hope it stays that way.

Watch out for that pass!!
Here come Da' Bulls!!

Drew's Jr. Year 2013

Pewitt's Offensive Highlights 2010

#4 AcerRacer

AcerRacer

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:42 AM

Don't get me wrong, I just wish Royse City had "one" State Championship trophy. We made it to the Semi-Finals in '04, but that was as close as we got.

But have you noticed how plain the State Championship trophy really is? I don't remember if the design of it has ever changed. Being it represents the best of the best for an entire year and for some like Daingerfield, Sealy, Euless Trinity, Lake Travis, etc...it represents multiple years as being the best.

I'm just thinking out loud, but shouldn't it be larger and with more glitter and glam than my son's Pee Wee Championship trophy? Of course I think the Pee Wee leagues can get a little carried away sometimes, especially when the trophy is taller than the six year old carrying it ! But that is another thread for another time.

However I don't think the bigger the trophy makes any larger statement, but dress it up a little. Maybe make it a State of Texas outline with some artwork design added to it. But I may be wrong and the UIL may mandate that the size, style and shape of the most coveted trophy in Texas must always remain the same. What do you say?

Ok young man....you stated the problem in your post....PEWEE FOOTBALL.....yes I have seen the light.....we give out medals and trophies for crossing the street, putting our pants on right and even for not "peeing" on the lid....Use to be that if we were given a TROPHY it meant that we won something BIG....I have seen touched and been a part of that PLAIN STATE CHAPIONSHIP TROPHY....and to me it is the most beautiful and the most coveted trophy....would love to have 10-15 of them....maybe I just need to call Mark Cousins at the UIL and see if I can "get" another one........"I haven't "wet on the lid" in a LONG time......just my thoughts.......

#5 tuffenough

tuffenough

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:10 AM

also keep in mind that the players EACH get a huge gold medal and a huge RING that definitely makes up the "glitter and glam" you speak of...
Garrison Bulldogs 2003 2A-DII State Champs

#6 topher805

topher805

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,983 posts
  • Twitter:@cboothe85

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

9 times out of 10, simple equals classy. May not be the biggest or shiniest trophy, but everyone knows what it is when they see it.

#7 micotrav

micotrav

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
    4.Dallas Cowboy Football

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

also keep in mind that the players EACH get a huge gold medal and a huge RING that definitely makes up the "glitter and glam" you speak of...

It sounds like most of the State Championship winners prefer the State Championship trophy as it is, and that is fine with me as well because I think it stands for much more than the "peeing on the lid" trophy...LOL! Personally, I don't think you should get a trophy for everything you do like the PeeWee kids now get. I think having a hot dog party or a trip to McDonalds, as a team, shows enough gratitude for effort.

I realize that each player gets a State Championship medal, but don't the parents have to pay for the SC ring? I don't know, just asking?
Royse City- 'Home of the Fighting Bulldogs'-28 playoff seasons, 45 playoff appearances, 39 consecutive games without a loss, three time State Quarterfinalist, six time Regional Champions , 2004 State Semi-Finalist

#8 TheVeryBestThereWas

TheVeryBestThereWas

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:FOOTBALL

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

Yes parents pay but makes a nice christmas present.

#9 tuffenough

tuffenough

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

It sounds like most of the State Championship winners prefer the State Championship trophy as it is, and that is fine with me as well because I think it stands for much more than the "peeing on the lid" trophy...LOL! Personally, I don't think you should get a trophy for everything you do like the PeeWee kids now get. I think having a hot dog party or a trip to McDonalds, as a team, shows enough gratitude for effort.

I realize that each player gets a State Championship medal, but don't the parents have to pay for the SC ring? I don't know, just asking?

yes they do have to pay. but there are very few players out there who don't get one. i think of it like this: you win state, you pay for a ring at the end. in pee wee sports, you pay up front whether you win a trophy or not. so either way, you're paying for your keepsake...

but for the players, the ring is what it's all about. you can't carry that trophy around with you. it sits in a trophy case. that ring can go anywhere you go and can be shown anywhere. if a team trophy was all that you got for winning state, i doubt if many 16-18 year olds would care quite as much about winning it all...

#10 micotrav

micotrav

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
    4.Dallas Cowboy Football

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

How much does a State Championship ring cost?

#11 Stinger1

Stinger1

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

Depends on how much u want to spend. Each school designs their own ring.

#12 GTBandie

GTBandie

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

OVER 9000!!!

Over 9000!? That's IMPOSSIBLE!

Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

#13 McLovin

McLovin

Henderson Lions

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

usually 700-800

OVER 9000!!!

Over 9000!? That's IMPOSSIBLE!

Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

hahaha, ol DBZ.

#14 vonerick

vonerick

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:24 AM

i can just wonder how sweet it would be to have to buy 3 or maybe 4 rings in a HS career! that would be NICE!
Are you kidding me? Were you even watching the game. #13 may of been the dirtiest player on the field last night!

**ruffneckfan

#15 EarnedMyStripes

EarnedMyStripes

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:22 AM

Got 2 correct u on that. U GET A GOLD MEDAL, U BUY THE RING....

#16 EarnedMyStripes

EarnedMyStripes

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

i can just wonder how sweet it would be to have to buy 3 or maybe 4 rings in a HS career! that would be NICE!

And expensive....we going broke around here n the 645. CHRISTmas comes n March (rings received) wnt b ish under the tree........lol thank goodness 4 income tax checks.

#17 lake

lake

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:16 AM

The Srs design the rings at LT and the gold one last yr I think were about $1500 due to the price of gold which is much higher today. There are cheaper prices..the Srs put Cowboys stadium on one side of the ring....we had the option to get a really cool wooden box that holds 1 ring or a 4 ring box.... and I agree they might need to update the trophy with a Tx outline and make it bigger it is TEXAS.

My link

#18 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Moderators
  • 15,277 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:43 PM

I think they should spruce up the trophy. They look more like a plaque on a stand. I'd think something along the lines of a football with the year and a medallion for the classification. I'm thinking that's how they used to do them in the past.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#19 tuffenough

tuffenough

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

Got 2 correct u on that. U GET A GOLD MEDAL, U BUY THE RING....

But u still get it...

#20 Crawford

Crawford

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:24 AM

Yes the trophy, the medals and the rings are great. It gives the champions alot of memorabilia, but it all comes down to that you are the Texas State Champs, and the hole state of Texas knows it. Thats what matters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users